NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default here is one way to get yourself in trouble on ebay

Posted By: warshawlaw

I bid on several old magazines from a seller. They were $0.99 each. Auctions closed on 3/25. I sent a check in last week. Today, the seller started reporting me to ebay as a non-performing buyer. My bind is this: based on the emails I am receiving I am getting one non-performance report for each item I won, so there will be seven of them coming in today. My understanding is that with enough of these coming in, I could be suspended by ebay. Obviously I am going to send the seller an email about it. Do I have to respond to each one? Is there a penalty if I do not? Has this happened to anyone else and if so what was the disposition?

Old 04-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Adam, if you now note on eBay that the check was mailed 3/25 and later show that it was cashed, you won't be banned. eBay mostly wants you to respond. So go onto eBay and fill out that payment was sent or whatever is your explanation.

I once had a seller cash a substantial check and not ship the items. He said he hadn't received payment. Luckily, my bank provides online scans of my checks, so I emailed the seller a picture of his autograph. I received the items, and beleive he was disorganized rather than dishonest.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I add that most experienced sellers know that, both coming and going, mail can be delayed and is unpredictable when there's a holiday.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PASJD

If you have a completed transaction you should be able to get the seller's phone number. I would just give him/her a call and clear up the misunderstanding.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

the grand total of the transaction, including shipping is $9

Old 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lentel

Some of the smallest sales are the ones people go the most bezerk over. I dont know how many times I have checked a persons feedback and seen back and forth negative feed backs on items less that $5.00, kind of cracks me up

Old 04-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

is to file a non-bidding alert 6 days after an auction ends. If a guy won't take Paypal but needs a money order and you go down to the post office and get it a few days after an auction ends and mail it out a few days later, a seller needs to realize the mail takes a while to get the m.o. to the seller. When a seller jumps up and immediately filed a non-paying bidder statement with ebay a week after the auction ends, he'll get no more of my business. As a seller I always wait 30 days to make sure payment is received before doing anything. I guess some people have no clue. When you have over 6000 positive feedbacks and a 99.9% feeback rating you'd think the seller would not be so rash.
The name of tobeeecat goes on my list to pass over in the future....

Old 04-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

EbAy rules say you don't even have to contact the seller until 3 days after the auction ends. If this happens to be a Saturday, then you aren't going to be able to get a money order and put it in the mail until Monday. 5 days has just passed before payment can go out. Then it takes up to week before payment arrives. It seems that it would make sense for eBay to put a lock on nonpaymnet claims until 14 days had past. But this makes too much sense, so it will never happen.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.