NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default Beware of Scammer.....AKA Steve Schwartz

Posted By: Anthony S.

It gets a little sadder. Marketkingman claims on his website that he attended Harvard for both undergrad and graduate work. He then proceeds to misspell three words ---"ignor", "denegration" and "stocking" (pretty sure he meant "stalking") in the first paragraph of his Constitution diatribe. My understanding has always been that most folks who attended Harvard don't spell like my cat.

Just out of morbid curiosity I clicked on his "contact us" link. His email address is "MrHarvard"

sigh.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Dan-

I got my money back from Steve Schwartz after getting his local police involved, he then refunded me immidiately. It was just $400, but that was enough I wasn't going to let it go.

I think Schwartz has about five or six different ebay handles.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Not to belabor discussion about this idiot, but Harvard has an extension school - you pay for a night class and you're in. That wouldn't normally qualify as "going to Harvard" unless you were a scammer. Bingo.

Bill

Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Great idea Dave! I think I will do the same thing to speed things up here. Thanks, signed dummy Dan for buying fake ****.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Ebay completely removed my auction for some reason even though it was ended. Very strange as I can't use it to get seller info either. Also, paypal sent me an email today stating that they received an explanation from the seller and that they are making a decision. But they never asked me for my signature confirmation to prove return of the fraudulent item and no where can I add any information to the claim. If they find in his favor, I may need a lawyer!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Dan-

I would call paypal to find out exactly what is going on and to speak to someone over the phone instead of trying to deal with it through emails and ebay.

Dave

Old 04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Administrator

I agree dave, i called once and they seemed very helpful and said they knew about this scum life so I am hoping that their actions are because they are going to rule in my favor. thanks Dan.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

This dope took the item back and signed for it and still has my money???? I hope they don't allow mental patients like this to breed.

Your item was delivered at 11:07 AM on April 10, 2008 in PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL 32407. The item was signed for by R LUKEHART.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

I would imagine with the evidence he signed to receive the package back that Paypal would have an open and shut case to refund your money Dan.

I don't know whats worse...a guy doing the stuff these bozo's are doing or a guy that sends a check for something and doesn't fill it out correctly

Old 04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Panama City Beach, FL???? Same location as this new seller who told me he got these photos from a friend so he can't say for sure if they are period or modern - I asked him to ask his friend and he didn't return my email.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsecretbookgardencafe850

I encourage everyone to report this guy to ebay for listing items in the wrong category. He has modern repro photos in the antique photographs category. It may do no good, but it only takes a minute to turn it in and if enough people do it maybe some bot at ebay central will take notice.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Dan,

Oh they're real photos alright! It just depends on your definition of "real."

This guy fancies himself as an "artiste". He has closed his studio and will no longer take pictures for Proms, Graduations or Weddings. He has moved up in the world. Now he only takes "real photos" of old photos and cards and sells them on Ebay. His claim is that the things he sells are in the public domain and therefore no longer protected by copyright law.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Well, he can't list them in the antique photograph category if they are modern photos.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gene Palmer

I just reported every one of the slim ball's auctions to DeafBay. Guess the only harm it could do is 1) wear my mouse out prematurely or 2) aggravate the living hell out of someone that has to read all those at Ebay.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Dave and Gene, you both almost killed me! I am laughing like you can't believe!!! Dave, that check comment was priceless!! Gene, Deafbay, damn that is just funny! Thank you both for sending me into laughter!