NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Default T206 Honus Wagner Backs

Can you folks tell me for sure how many T206 Honus Wagner backs there are? In the minimal research I have done, I have only heard of the Piedmont and the Sweet Caporal. Maybe there are many more, but I don't know. Has anyone seen one with a Sovereign 460 back? I came across one of these potentially for sale.

It seems to me that if someone was going to fake one of these cards, they would consider running with one of the known Wagner backs (probably meaning Piedmont) that are known to be more scarce. Of course a more common back would raise less red flags and still bring in a good amount of money, if someone could pull of the sale. Just thinking out loud.

If Piedmont backs are scarce, and Sovereign backs are unheard of, I would figure the Sovereign to potentially bring a higher dollar (taking into consideration condition of course) if it were original.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but are there any official records out there (from the original manufacturers) of what cards were printed with which style of backs? Is it that there are only two types of back for the Wagner card, or only two known types?

Of course there are the T206's that were allegedly printed in the 50's. Could the card I've seen been of of these?

I posted this same question on the gameused forum, but have not had much of a reponse. I figured this might be a better place for feedback.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:12 PM

it's fake! Pass on it.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

The T206 Wagner card was printed only with two backs.....

Piedmont 150 Factory 25

Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 25

Sorry, but your card is as fake as your local politician...

Lovely Day...
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Wagner

The Honus Wagner card can be found with these 3 backs......

Piedmont 150 Factory 25

Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 25

Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 30

The Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 25 card of Wagner appears to be
the back most often seen.

TED Z