NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Scott

FASCINATING STUFF..those diaries
Old 03-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Scott

Not worth a ton, but SUPER COOL. What is more American than the Green back? Especially a cool Red Seal note
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redseal.jpg (21.8 KB, 275 views)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
My wife and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary in July. Almost 13 years ago, an old friend from my days in D.C. came to see me before the wedding and handed me an envelope containing the letter below. When you think that he's amongst the most loved/hated figures in Irish history and for a time slept in a different location every night, I think it's a pretty neat piece. And for anyone who thinks he's just a terrorist, it would be much appreciated if we could avoid going down that path. Thanks...
Gerry Adams right? Tough to tell as the pic doesn't expand much.

You asked that we not pass judgment on his past, so I won't, even though his 'work' had a personal impact on me.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindl View Post
Gerry Adams right? Tough to tell as the pic doesn't expand much.

You asked that we not pass judgment on his past, so I won't, even though his 'work' had a personal impact on me.
You are correct...I know that he is both worshiped and reviled over there and his impact has been felt by many...though the same could be said for actions taken by those on the other side. I fear the personal impact on you was likely negative and I can only express my regrets for what you likely experienced. For such a beautiful country, it has dealt with many horrible events over the decades and I'm happy that things seem to be in much better order than they were even 15 years ago when I lived over there...
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Richard Simon

I don't remember if I posted these when this thread started. In case I did not here they are.
1-The first one is from a JFK Assassination symposium, which I attended, in 1992 in Dallas.
It contains many of the witnesses to the assassination of JFK and it also contains the signature of Marina Oswald.
2-Jack Ruby check.
3-One of a kind RFK signed photo.
4-Thomas Jefferson/James Madison signed land grant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg witnesses.jpg (67.9 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg ruby.jpg (26.0 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg rfk.jpg (31.3 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg ThomasJefferson.jpg (78.7 KB, 231 views)
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-26-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Perhaps you could look through the thread?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Richard Simon

A page from the 1920 census listing my grandparents, 2 aunts and 1 uncle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grishman1920census.jpg (77.8 KB, 226 views)
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-26-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Richard Simon

Here is one great looking Teddy Roosevelt campaign pin, unfortunately I lost out on it in a Hake Auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bull-moose.jpg (64.6 KB, 229 views)
--
Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default Edward Curtis postcards with Salt Lake City Tabernacle story

I bought these three together - the sender must have written his story across the bottoms and then mailed in an envelope:

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default Edward Curtis postcards with Salt Lake City Tabernacle story

............dup

Last edited by Runscott; 04-17-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
You are correct...I know that he is both worshiped and reviled over there and his impact has been felt by many...though the same could be said for actions taken by those on the other side. I fear the personal impact on you was likely negative and I can only express my regrets for what you likely experienced. For such a beautiful country, it has dealt with many horrible events over the decades and I'm happy that things seem to be in much better order than they were even 15 years ago when I lived over there...
I'm over here, though was in the UK until I moved here at 22 in 1981. The Birmingham and Coventry bombings in the early 70's caused great hurt. My lifetime goal is to hold no animosity, though it's hard, really hard.

I've no dog in the fight, I get both sides. I grew up and lived in Coventry and spent most of my youth in the Irish quarter, so to speak. I had staunch provo friends and staunch loyalists friends both, and as much as they all tried to make it a big deal, the troubles never made much sense to me personally. I always respected both points of view because if you'd never been in those peoples' shoes, how can you judge?

It's deeper than that really; I lost people that I loved, though the anger left me years ago. As you say, thank God things are so much better now.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Jon Canfield

I feel like this thread needs a come-back, so I'll see if I can get the ball rolling again...

Every once in a while, you come across an item that just calls to you, and this is one such item. Honestly, this has got to be one of the most interesting things I've ever seen for sale, and I'm happy to own it. This is the original Titan II GLV launch panel from mission control that was used to launch the Gemini missions. The panel was owned by Colin Harrison, who recently passed away. Colin was a man who we all have a lot to thank for the technological advances we made during the golden age of exploration.

Colin finished a degree as mechanical engineer with major studies in thermodynamics and electronics at the University of Virginia. He joined
the American Bosh Arma in Long Island in New York doing electro-mechanical design for intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) guidance systems. Colin later worked for Aerojet General in Sacramento, CA, designing and supervising assembly and test firing rocket engines for the Titan ICBM’s. He joined the Martin Marietta Company in Denver, CO after working the engine integration office there for Aerojet. Colin then became test stand manager, chief of test, project manager for the integration of the Titan ICBM into the Strategic Air
Command inventory.

In 1961 he was transferred to the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston, Texas, to be the company project manager for the Gemini Program. At program completion Colin returned to Denver to be the Director of Manned Systems Design. Next, he became Project Manager for the Apollo Telescope Mount which was the center for the electronic brains for the Skylab Space Mission. After launch and completion of mission control activities he was assigned to the Space Shuttle Program where he was project engineer responsible for building the first External Tank and taking it through propulsion tests. In 1980 he became responsible for the external tank at Vandenberg Air Force base where the plan was for the Air Force to fly their shuttle missions. He eventually became operations director for the shuttle launch pad. At the termination of the Air Force shuttle program he became Director of International Spaceports in Denver, Colorado, a position he held at his retirement.

I'm now in the process of trying to track down a few original photos of the piece, so I can have "dummy" lights reinstalled that will work when plugged in, so the panel can cycle through a red/green indicator pattern. If anyone knows a good custom electrical person, please let me know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (72.7 KB, 526 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (73.3 KB, 524 views)

Last edited by canjond; 08-15-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:47 PM

Sorry to disappoint, Jon, but that control panel is not from any Titan II missile system. Note the upper right-hand quadrant--Propellant System." There are lights for "fuel," and for "LOX" (liquid oxygen). The Titan II burned a hypergolic (self-igniting) combination, nitrogen tetroxide for its oxidizer and Aerozine 50 (a 50/50 mix of hydrazine and UDMH) for its fuel.
Still a very cool piece.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 08-15-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Jon Canfield

Thanks for the info David. Any idea what it could be from then? It was labeled Titan 2 on the back of the frame, so I think the family assumed as such, and frankly I wouldn't have known otherwise!

Edited to add, I guess it could be an Atlas or maybe more likely, a Titan 1 launch panel. Titan 1 would also make sense since it was a Martin project.

Last edited by canjond; 08-15-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:56 AM

It could be Titan I.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:49 PM
John E.

WOW is all I can say. Thanks for bumping this thread...here are a couple items of mine:

Early 20th century Regina Nickelodeon...it WORKS too!!
Untitled by John English, on Flickr

Last edited by JMEnglish27; 08-16-2016 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 08-16-2016, 02:31 PM
John E.

This sword has been in my family for a few generations now...Miller is the family name on my mom's side, so it's ours...just not sure of the exact origin.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:31 PM

Default Non-sport bobbing heads

As you guys may know- we love our old sports bobbing heads. We also love the non-sport dolls. Non-sport dolls can be of political figures, monsters, comic characters, T.V. personalities, advertising and more. Below are a few from our current auction.

Enjoy!
Lou
www.insidetheparkcollectibles.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 156.jpg (12.4 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg 157.jpg (12.2 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg 158.jpg (12.5 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg 159.jpg (12.9 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg 160.jpg (12.0 KB, 390 views)
File Type: jpg 161.jpg (20.7 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg 162.jpg (12.8 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg 163.jpg (13.3 KB, 393 views)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:12 AM

Default Love these great pieces of americana

Here is a piece of the first transatlantic cable. This piece most likely did not carry signals, but was harvested from left over stock that didn't make it into production.

Either way, I think it's a neat piece
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cable Piece - 1.jpg (76.1 KB, 335 views)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:14 AM

And a neat circus poster that caught my eye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christy Brothers Circus Poster.jpg (82.2 KB, 332 views)
Old 08-24-2016, 12:43 PM

Rocketdyne LR-101 liquid-fueled (LOX/RP-1) rocket engine. Two of these were the vernier engines on the Atlas missile. Produces 1000 lbs thrust.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 08-24-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Shawn England

Default Christopher Columbus?

Picked up the following signature of Cristobal Colon Duque De Veragua. From what little info I am able to find, it seems Cristobal was a relative of Christopher Columbus and was invited / visited the Chicago Columbian Exposition in 1893 to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Columbus's arrival in the New World.

I am guessing the 1893 Chicago fair may be where the signature was acquired?

I thought it was interesting. Love to hear your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7514 - Copy (1024x653).jpg (52.8 KB, 375 views)

Last edited by smokelessjoe; 11-11-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:16 PM

Out of respect for our veterans today, this is from my military diary collection -

I recently picked up a handwritten diary from a sailor on the light aircraft carrier USS San Jacinto (CVL-30). Very rare in that it has one of the only contemporary accounts of the downing of future president George H.W. Bush's Avenger fighter bomber, and his subsequent rescue by submarine. This topic has always followed Bush to this day - did he do enough to try to save his two fellow airmen (there were three aviators that flew in this particular aircraft and Bush was the pilot)?

Rob M.
(Always looking for historically interesting diaries)

"Sept. 2nd. Today we are raiding same islands again. Yesterday one of our fighters was shot in the tail with 40 mm over the island but today was a disastrous one for us. A fighter taking off this morn fell in the water, the pilot was saved , one coming in was waved off & as he zoomed up his motor stopped, & he caught the top of the barrier, swerved into a 40 mm gun mount, bent the barrels & wrecked the plane so badly it was shoved over the side, the pilot was unhurt. One of our TBMs was shot down over the island, one man was seen parachuting into the sea, nothing known of the other two, presumably killed. Quite a bad day for the San Jac.

Sept. 3rd. Full dope on yesterdays raid, our TBMs dropped 12 tons of bombs on Chichi Jima, destroying a radio station. Very heavy anti-aircraft fire was met. Mr. Bush pilot of the TMB shot down was rescued by a sub of ours. Our fighter planes hit 3 two-engine & 7 single-engine planes on Iwo Jima airfield, also one of our pilots on a photographic mission discovered a hidden air field on Iwo Jima covered with planes, so the Big E sent a squadron of planes & wrecked it. In addition our planes wrecked a fuel storage tank & silenced by exploding it, an AA gun position. Ha Ha Jima was also raided. This evening ends our operations up here. About an hour ago a group of B-24 four engine bombers came over (37 of them). One was hit & smoking & they contacted us to stand by while the crew bailed out. I stood on the flight deck & seen them, eleven men, all landed safe in the water & destroyers rescued them. Quite a site."

Wikipedia article on Bush during WWII - Following the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, Bush decided to join the US. Navy,[1] so after graduating from Phillips Academy in 1942, he became a naval aviator at the age of 18.[4] After completing the 10-month course, he was commissioned as an ensign in the United States Naval Reserve at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi on June 9, 1943, just three days before his 19th birthday, which made him the youngest naval aviator to that date.

He was assigned to Torpedo Squadron (VT-51) as the photographic officer in September 1943.[1] The following year, his squadron was based on the USS San Jacinto as a member of Air Group 51, where his lanky physique earned him the nickname "Skin".[5] During this time, the task force was victorious in one of the largest air battles of World War II: the Battle of the Philippine Sea.

After Bush's promotion to Lieutenant (junior grade) on August 1, 1944, the San Jacinto commenced operations against the Japanese in the Bonin Islands. Bush piloted one of four Grumman TBM Avenger aircraft from VT-51 that attacked the Japanese installations on Chichijima.[6] His crew for the mission, which occurred on September 2, 1944, included Radioman Second Class John Delaney and Lieutenant Junior Grade William White.[1] During their attack, the Avengers encountered intense anti-aircraft fire; Bush's aircraft was hit by flak and his engine caught on fire. Despite his plane being on fire, Bush completed his attack and released bombs over his target, scoring several damaging hits.[1] With his engine ablaze, Bush flew several miles from the island, where he and one other crew member on the TBM Avenger bailed out of the aircraft;[7] the other man's parachute did not open.[1] Bush waited for four hours in an inflated raft, while several fighters circled protectively overhead until he was rescued by the lifeguard submarine USS Finback.[1] For the next month he remained on the Finback, and participated in the rescue of other pilots. Several of those shot down during the attack were executed and eaten by their captors.

IMG_1131.jpg

Last edited by ramram; 09-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Jeff

One Canadiana 1st Calgary Stampede pennant 1912 and One Americana 1914 Mardi Gras pennant
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calgary Stampede 1912 2.jpg (54.8 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg Mardi Gras 1914 2.jpg (69.2 KB, 330 views)
Old 11-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Jeff

And on the music front - Original Woodstock poster, Band used signed snare drum Aerosmith.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woodstock.jpg (64.2 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg Aerosmith signed snare drum 2.jpg (33.9 KB, 329 views)
Old 11-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Jeff

And on the political side - Eisenhower and Kennedy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dwight Eisenhower Pennant 2.jpg (59.9 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg JFK for Pres hat 2.jpg (59.8 KB, 327 views)
Old 09-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Shawn England

Default Soviet Union Space & Nuclear Arms Negotiations

Not sure if this has much value, but I thought it interesting given the times we are in now.

Have not done the research yet, so not sure what all is going on here (who, what & where etc.) I've got some studying to do! I assume it is real - would love to hear your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (71.8 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg (75.0 KB, 258 views)
Old 09-14-2017, 01:24 PM

Neat letter, historically speaking, but probably not of great value IMO. The writer and recipient are not particularly important historical figures nor the topic, in the larger context, but still neat on the smaller scale.

Rob M
Old 09-14-2017, 01:33 PM

Here's my Houdini letter. Dated just 6 months before his death:

Old 09-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Shawn England

Default George P Shultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
Neat letter, historically speaking, but probably not of great value IMO. The writer and recipient are not particularly important historical figures nor the topic, in the larger context, but still neat on the smaller scale.

Rob M
Hi Rob, thank you for the response. That is what I figured, just kinda neat... Here are two more documents that are associated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg (65.7 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (69.6 KB, 233 views)
Old 09-14-2017, 03:25 PM

This is from a set of 3 letters that I have from a Revolutionary War soldier written in 1776.

Rob M

Front page of letter:

IMG_0000.jpg

Transcription:

IMG_0002.jpg
Old 09-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Jeff Lazarus

My collection is almost exclusively sports-related, but I do have a couple of original drawings from the Little House on the Prairie series by legendary illustrator Garth Williams.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Farmer Boy Horse Race.jpg (75.7 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg Farmer Bot pg 81 Almanzo Bathing.jpg (78.1 KB, 331 views)
Old 09-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Here's my Houdini letter. Dated just 6 months before his death:

Coaches Commode has a Harry Handcuff Houdini forgery😈

So nice to see a great AUTHENTIC autograph of one of the most fascinating people. Great piece!!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:11 PM

Default USS Liberty

I was in the US Navy for 10 years so was drawn to this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USS Liberty Ship.jpg (69.4 KB, 318 views)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:14 AM

Here's another nice piece. This is a 1932 original sketch of Buster Keaton by an artist named Hardie Gramatky. For a little while Gramatky was head animator at Disney. He was also an accomplished water colorist and wrote and illustrated the classic "The Little Toot". I love this drawing. It's got so much emotion:

Last edited by packs; 09-15-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Jim Murphy

2017 Inaugural
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump.jpg (70.3 KB, 279 views)
Old 09-15-2017, 12:13 PM

I also collect records. Here's my favorite. This is an original French pressing of the White Album on white vinyl. Not shown are the complete posters and inserts. This album has never been played. I bought it from the original owner in France while I was there to study abroad. This was his duplicate that he bought just for show:

Last edited by packs; 09-15-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Belltown Vintage

That's a great piece. I still have my white album and the posters, heavily played and all posters corner-damaged from taping to walls.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:33 PM

This was an enjoyable thread that has been dormant for a while so I thought I'd wake it up in hopes others had some additional unique and interesting items to post.

I'm a diary collector so I'll put this one out there - It comes from the family of Lt. Jacobson, one of the 16 P-38 pilots that were on the mission to shoot down Yamamoto on April 18, 1943. This is one of the biggest missions in military history, much like the SEALS tracking down and killing Bin Laden. Yamamoto was the architect of the Pearl Harbor attack. The U.S. had cracked the Japanese code and found out his flight path and sent a squadron of P-38 long range fighters to attempt to intercept him...which was like finding a needle in a haystack considering the timing and distance. Amazingly they did find him and shoot him down. The only bad part, as far as the pilots that pulled this off was concerned, was that they were told they would be court-martialed if they told anybody about it because they were afraid that the Japanese would realize they had broken their code. They wanted the Japanese to believe it was just damn luck. So, the story didn't really come out in detail until after the war.

Here is the first page of the entry followed by a transcription.

Rob M.

1.JPG

transcript - April 19th .jpg

Info (1).jpg
Old 01-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Mike Reid

Picked this up a while back. If it passes authentication I am going to display it with the 1969 Man on the Moon set.CD7FF0AC-3830-4389-B2F3-83C8A1EBB22B.jpg
Old 01-25-2019, 05:23 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Mike, I have to say that I am, unfortunately, sceptical of that Apollo 11 signed crew photo.

The style of the Armstrong doesn't match the time period. By 1969, Neil had shortened his signature considerably. The style on the photo you posted, where just about every letter is visible, is the one he used during his early days at NASA in the early-mid 1960s (primarily while he was in the X-15 program).

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 01-25-2019, 05:26 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Mike, I just found the photo on the below website. It appears to be a pre-print.

http://astroautopens.com/ap_apollo11.shtml

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 01-25-2019, 09:17 PM
Jon Canfield

That is awesome Rob. Here are some pages from my grandfather's war diary around some pretty major events...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2208.jpg (71.7 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2209.jpg (71.5 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2210.jpg (74.5 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by canjond; 01-25-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:21 PM

Hey Jon, that’s some outstanding material, especially with Normany content! What ship did he serve on? LST?

Rob M
Old 01-26-2019, 12:04 AM
Jon Canfield

Thanks Rob. He was on attack transport APA-13 Joseph T. Dickman. During WWII, the Dickman was assigned first to the Europe-Africa Middle East Theater, and then was re-assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific Theater. The ship earned six battle stars for its service.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:36 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Teddy Roosevelt

For the Teddy Roosevelt collectors -my original 1907 Indianapolis, Indiana photo & supporters.

For the Military collectors, I recently picked up a small WWII Iwo Jima US battle Flag flown durning the conflict now in the process
of being professional preserved.

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Not quite sure what the standard definition of Americana is but would think vintage Star Wars stuff would potentially qualify...just picked up a beautiful Kenner RC Sandcrawler with working electronics, no broken tabs and all but one sticker (missing elevator sticker which I’ve since sourced). These things are not easy to find in this kind of condition and I’m really excited to have something the 8 year old me would have killed for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:03 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Quote:
Not quite sure what the standard definition of Americana is but would think vintage Star Wars stuff would potentially qualify...just picked up a beautiful Kenner RC Sandcrawler with working electronics, no broken tabs and all but one sticker (missing elevator sticker which I’ve since sourced). These things are not easy to find in this kind of condition and I’m really excited to have something the 8 year old me would have killed for!

Very nice! Also love seeing a baseball player(Yankee player?) in your display case along with a Wampa and Adm. Ackbar. Congrats on the pick up!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:36 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Mussina signed 8x10. Thanks!

Old 01-30-2019, 07:21 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n