NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-07-2014, 03:17 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Shout Out to wilkiebaby11!!

For no reason whatsoever, except to help out a fellow collector, Steve sent me a few cards I needed for my 1963 Topps set. He asked for nothing in return and said he was just happy to help out. Talk about good karma!!

What a magnanimous gesture and the guy deserves to be singled out for his generosity.

Thanks again, Steve!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Default I love these threads....

I have had collectors send me cards for free.....and these collectors never want to be mentioned out of modesty....this is what keeps our hobby alive

KUDOS!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

I, too, have sent cards to collectors and wanted nothing in return. It is really what this hobby is all about!!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:46 AM

Default Greg....

the camradere on this board is awesome and, Leon has unknowing created a vehicle for the hobby.....net 54 is almost like the "voice of the hobby"...

collecting would not be the same, imho, without this board and KILLAH members like Greg
Old 08-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

My son and I have had a few send us cards to help us complete our sets we are working on.
As mentioned, the kindness on this board is so refreshing, and it is SO that, it is what keeps this hobby alive, as my son is the next generation. And when he gets cards for his sets in the mail, it "drives" him to collect more.

The last set we did (working on 1966 Philly Football now) was 1971 Topps Baseball, a certain member told me that he was sending Zack some 1971's for his set, then came back the next day and said he put them in the mail and put "a few 1972's in there too for him".
When Zack opened it, he called me and told me he got a "big stack of 1972's". I get home and he not only sent about 150 1971's, but he sent about 150 1972's, and to boot....there were about 20 high #'s and some HOF's too!!! One was a Hank Aaron Action card.
You can imagine the look on my 12 year old son's face when he saw he was GIVEN a Hank Aaron card!!
This board is amazing!!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:24 AM
octavio ranzola

Net 54 rocks what fun
Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Default K nole....

getting our kids and the younger gen to appreciate cards and vintage will keep our hobby alive....keep these great stories coming...

I believe in a future for vintage card collecting , and believe it will be strong....especially T206 and N172
Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 AM

This forum has been very nice to me and hopefully Ill be able to give back in the future
Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

One of the things I try to do, is to take pictures of him opening the mail, when somebody sends him cards for our sets. Then send the pics to the Net54 member that sent them.
I feel that will add to the great feeling of giving to them.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
getting our kids and the younger gen to appreciate cards and vintage will keep our hobby alive....keep these great stories coming...

I believe in a future for vintage card collecting , and believe it will be strong....especially T206 and N172
I agree completely. The more new collectors the better. Our board members have historically been very nice to our youngest collector friends and other new folks joining. It is quite refreshing given some of the other things we see. Thanks to everyone who so generously pays it forward or contributes to the good discussions. Happy collecting to all....
Old 08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Adam Napolitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post

Exactly, I am 19 and when i first joined I got ripped on for making a small mistake and was called some names but my uncle got me into the hobby and im just glad that i appreciate the hobby so much and try to get more people involved.