NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Default ebay listing (T206)

Posted By: Joey

Thought someone might be interested in this listing. Does the price seem low so far?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-1912-T-206-TOBACCO-COLL-STARS-HOFS-COBB-YOUNG_W0QQitemZ8791364646QQcategoryZ86841QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Old 04-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

most of the scans are itty bitty...perhaps this is why?

pete in mn

Old 04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

twice in the listing the seller mentions he "cannot sell this collection for less than $3900"

is that a reserve?

will the seller complete the transaction if the bidding does not reach $3900?

very strange to me.....and against ebay rules.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al

This is in the description and the payment instructions:

" i will not sell this collection for under 3900"

But he doesn't have a reserve. Wouldn't want to deal with this guy if I won.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

If you want to get bidding on a lot like that, you should provide better images. I would think you would want to at least show big scans of a couple of the key cards.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian E.

I wrote the seller a day or two ago to inquire about some of the T206 backs...he seemed a little eager to sell the lot to me direct and provided his phone number in case I was interested.

Brian E.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

as much as i love 206's my feet are running quickly away from this one.

barry

Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

A quick review of the seller's previous auctions tells me that he does not deal alot in vintage cards. Perhaps he just wants to get rid of the set, does not have a scanner, and cannot take good pics? Or maybe he's just a goofball?

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian E.

I personally think it is legit, but I'm not so confident or eager to gamble my money. My brother and father both recently passed, in the last six months I've had 200 auctions/sales on everything from cards, to coins, to steins, toys etc...Just because someone doesn't have a recent history of vintage card sales, doesn't mean they don't have want they claim to have. I suspect if I posted a couple vintage cards on Ebay right now, I might get similar comments.

Brian E.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

Brian,
That's exactly what I meant, although was not quite able to articulate it that way.

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!

Old 04-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

If the auction was a bargain or you hope it to be a bargain it certainly is not going to be after posting it on this forum.

My personal view on these posts is that they should not be posted while the suction is running. Send out emails to a few board contributors and see what there response is if you have questions while an auction is running. Instead of exposing the auction to all the members, that way if it is a bargain you have a better chance of keeping it a bargain.

Lee

Old 04-08-2006, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joey

I was not planning on bidding on them. I just thought it did not look like too bad of a deal and thought someone on here might be interested. Thats all.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

This looks like one of those auctions that should be posted NOW instead of waiting for the auction to be over. When it's over might be too late. Good post, Joey.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

To me that is a better reason NOt to post it on the forum, if you have NO interest in bidding on it then you are doing a disservice to those that have seen the auction and are planning on bidding. This topic has been talked about in the past and many members plus myself believe that iit is best not to post currently running auctions on the board. I have no intention either of bidding on this auction but I know I would not be happy if I say the auction and felt it was good and wanted to bid and here it is plastered on the board.

Just my thoughts,

Lee

Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Like anyone else, I can't tell if they're legit/someones' scans and his FB, though new, ain't too shabby. Real (B&E spoils) or counterfeit, the signs aren't comforting.

His recent activity; Sold new Mattingly cards, he won a speedometer for a BMW, showing hmmm, 29K... (What was wrong with the old gauge?), some "B" adolescent movies on DVD. In the background is a hip-hop/Eminem model NC ball cap. He posts indiscernible photos. Oh yea, got MY Bidnapper all warmed up.

Recent feedback rec'd;

(-) The C.O.A's that were sent are FAKE!! Buyer corwin3500 ( 5 ) Jan-20-06 15:08 8734771892
*Follow-up by corwin3500: I ment to say, The C.O.A's that were sent were 100% REAL

Joey, that nickname. Are you double jointed?.. On second thought, nevermind.

Edited for grammar

Old 04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Lee is right, the best way to deal with questions about current auctions is to privately email a few board members. If you don't know any board members, get in the chatroom and make some friends. The main contributors on this board are all very helpful. Taking the time to get to know us will be well worth the time and effort.

Many of us are on limited budgets and rely heavily on finding deals on eBay. There also people on the board that have lots of disposable income and will buy cards or the sake of buying something until the cards they are looking for come along. These are the people that will swoop in on a bargin card or lot that they never would have found had it not been exposed on the board and those of us on a budget get hung out to dry.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joey

I did not intend to offend anyone by posting that. I guess I am too nice sometimes. I like to think that if I see something pretty good and I am not going to purchase it or can not at that current time, I would like to help someone else out that might "NEED" that item. I do agree that there are those that would purchase for price and not out of "NEED". I too am on a limited budget and understand. Point taken.

Regards

Joey

Old 04-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...start a thread that was just people's finds of ebay listings that they thought were good prices, but that they were not going to bid on. I found a great BIN auction, but I didn't want the items at the time, so I posted it on the Net54 Board figuring, hey, if it wasn't going to be me, at least it should got to a Net54'er.

The response to my idea was a lot like this thread. People want to find things themselves. They don't want a place to go to find things because that means that they've already been found by everyone.

In a sense, ebay is the best compromise. It's a great place to find stuff if you look, but all the great stuff has already been found by most.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob NYC

"eberfef"?