NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Default Goldin Auctions

I previously posted about a difficult time I was having with Goldin Auctions. I want to clarify that the disagreement was not related to a consignment, but related to a private purchase we were discussing and over which we had a dispute. On reflection, I realize that my prior post, which focused on a claimed consignment was incorrect. In addition, I made a prior comment about not getting responses to emails from Goldin Auctions but, in double checking, I now recognize that I did receive responses to my emails. Our disagreement has now been resolved to our mutual satisfaction.

Last edited by alexanderautographs; 11-08-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:28 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderautographs View Post
I'm having a very difficult time with a six-figure consignment to Goldin - terrible communication, weeks before I got a consignment agreement, and no information on my consignments...terrible complications!!

Now, baseball isn't my field and this guy gets a lot of great material, but I've been an auctioneer of historical material for over 30 years - 50,000+ lots - and I can't even get an email answered. Has anyone else had this experience?

Bill Panagopulos/Alexander Historical Auctions

In fairness to Leon, this message will be deleted. Stay tuned.
Why do you need to delete a thread about an auction house with lousy customer service?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:42 AM
Bill Panagopulos

Deleted

Last edited by alexanderautographs; 11-09-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Not being a regular poster on this forum, eyebrows were raised when I complained about Goldin...

On the military and autograph boards I frequent, sharp critical commentary is the norm. Am I out of line here, or is Goldin so "feared" that people won't even mention his faults?!?

Frankly, never in my life have I seen a business run in such a manner.
I think you have a hard time comprehending rules. I told you in a PM that this was a rule and you ignored it. Here is what it says IN BOLD BELOW...you too can click on the icon and read it, just like I told you last night in a PM. In case you didn't bother reading the rules here is the part I mentioned..

Members should not use the forum ONLY to complain about a particular situation, or situations, while never adding anything positive to the community.

Frankly I don't give a rats ass about you or your freaking deal.

Last edited by Leon; 10-19-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:51 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think you have a hard time comprehending rules. I told you in a PM that this was a rule and you ignored it. Here is what it says IN BOLD BELOW...you too can click on the icon and read it, just like I told you last night in a PM. In case you didn't bother reading the rules here is the part I mentioned..

Members should not use the forum ONLY to complain about a particular situation, or situations, while never adding anything positive to the community.

Frankly I don't give a rats ass about you or your freaking deal.
To which I would respond that his presence on the autograph side would be very welcome if he should choose to do so on a regular or semi regular basis.

Not all sports over there Bill. The last post is an amazing group of signed Monty Python cards and Holy Grail memorabilia. Have a look.

Tom C
Old 10-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
To which I would respond that his presence on the autograph side would be very welcome if he should choose to do so on a regular or semi regular basis.

Not all sports over there Bill. The last post is an amazing group of signed Monty Python cards and Holy Grail memorabilia. Have a look.

Tom C
And to which I would say I don't think he wants to add anything positive. ANd his negative posts have about met their limit....and my patience.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Speaking of Goldin, lot #4 the famed Ruth and father bar photo, is that 1915 as described (and I always thought) or 1916 as the PSA letter says?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:57 AM
Bill Panagopulos

Deleted

Old 10-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Bill Panagopulos

Thank you. I contributed years ago in discussing PSA, as I recall. It's been a long time since I've been here, but didn't expect such a hostile reception. If not thrown out for speaking my mind, I'll be happy to contribute. I already wrote a post early this morning - all auction and eBay buyers should read it.

Bill
Old 10-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Perhaps you should give a "rat's ass" about your readers being given a complete view of the auction world from an insider. Or are you beholden to your advertisers in some unknown manner?

Oh...and if you took the time to see some of my posts, you'd notice I did much in the past here...and added additional advice today.

And I forgot - Goldin auctions pays for a banner here, no? Can I buy one, too? And how did it come to be that you know anything about a "freaking deal"? I certainly didn't write anything about a "deal". Who's been talking out of school? Did you get a love letter from Ken's lawyer, too?
Well I just sent you this in response to your PM but I will post it here .....I hate retyping that much.

Swear? Are you serious? I said ass....and freaking....that is allowed on this board. Get real.
What is not allowed is not putting your name by your post in the first place when I first PMd you to do so, even though that rule is in bold letters at the top of every page. That is quite rude of you and you probably should have gotten at least an infraction for not following that simple rule, after all you have been a member at least 8 yrs now. I would think you would know better but maybe not. Now from there you broke another rule (2 for those counting) as your first post was negative. You posted on the front page which is for Pre-WWII baseball cards, as it says on the forum. Your post had nothing to do with that...(that is rule break #3)......I already told you Goldins advertising means nothing in the way the forum is run. How in the heck (is that cussing too?) would I let you post your thread, break all of those rules, if I cared that much? As for banning, editing or anything else, only if you keep breaking the rules. I honestly don't remember when someone has broken so many rules in such a short period of time as you have.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Deleted

Old 10-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default let's get this straight now :)

I feel like Lichtman (hi Jeff) fighting with an amateur here .

Here is my first pm to you yesterday....and your reply, so no, you didn't have your name there or we were just making this PM stuff up?

"Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Hi there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Hi there
I have no issue with you stating your opinion about Goldin. That said, per the rules (at the top of every page), you need to have your full name by your post. thanks much....LL

Will do, Leon. (your response)

I then told you in the next PM that I wasn't editing it deleting it or anything else....Nadda. So why you want to ask about me letting the thread go is sort of redundant. Do I need to go pull up that PM too? Don't make me ....

If your first (or any) post was a fact or fiction, it doesn't matter....to me it was an opinion. And even a fact is going to have to have a name next to it, as it always has. I will admit we probably need to more clear on that. It hasn't been an issue before.

Ken (hi Ken) contacted me and it was no big deal. Not a tough spot for me. He was ok....and he is a valued advertiser as all or our advertisers are.

Uh, if you read this board you can't possibly not know things get aired out every single day around here. So saying things need to get aired out is like saying the News needs to report the news.

As for my signature, your quote didn't capture it. It is, and has always been in my signature line of every post I have ever made, thank you.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Deleted

Last edited by alexanderautographs; 11-09-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:46 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Deleted

Old 11-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Deleted

Old 11-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

LOL sounds like you got contacted by a lawyer.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
LOL sounds like you got contacted by a lawyer.
+1
LMFAO what a joke!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

He just sent me a PM with the exact same verbiage as his "clarification" posted all over this thread. He's like that Admiral who was captured during Vietman and used Morse Code to blink out "TORTURE" during a propaganda video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufnWLVQcKg

Last edited by calvindog; 11-08-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:46 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

[QUOTE=calvindog;1718199]He just sent me a PM with the exact same verbiage as his "clarification" posted all over this thread. He's like that Admiral who was captured during Vietman and used Morse Code to blink out "TORTURE" during a propaganda video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rufnWLVQcKg[/QUO..

delete...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-09-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Banned

early start to the weekend?