NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 05-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Default Blanks to fill empty slots in the 9 card page

Hi,

I usually play in the game used section but have a minor interest in cards for jersey photomatching purposes... I have many team sets in 3 ring binders and was wondering if anyone has seen or used blank cards as space fillers for the empty slots?

I need to buy a few dozen but so far I can't find anyone selling them...

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rusty

Always looking for Chicago Bears jerseys!
Particularly jerseys with patches...
Old 05-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Steve Birmingham

Just get a cheap paper cutter at staples and a pack of comic backing boards. That should get you close enough.

Or search ACEO under crafts on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACEO-Paper-1...item359c493aa1

I haven't bought from any of the sellers since I have a cutter and a nearby craft store.

Some modern card products came with heavy blank inserts for a few years, but I forget which. Maybe 2010 or 2011 A+G or Gypsy Queen.

Steve B
Old 05-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Awesome!

That will work perfectly!

Thank you!

Always looking for Chicago Bears jerseys!
Particularly jerseys with patches...
Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM

Default Space fillers!

I've thought about this as well. With many team sets or final page of team sets being far less than 9 cards, it's unsightly at best and could cause storage problems and maybe even damage at worst when so many pages no longer lay flat. I like the idea of blanks for the open pockets but I keep wondering if their is some better solution. Any other ideas out there? If you do use blanks, do you organize the cards any differently in the page? i.e., one card in the center, four cards in the corners, etc. This issue has really kept me from displaying and enjoying smaller team sets in particular.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Chris

If you are doing blanks, affixing the team logo to them could be a nice way to fill the space. I'm sure there are team stickers for sale on eBay (they were all over when I was growing up). That could end up looking nicer than just a normal blank piece of cardboard.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Scott Silvers

I bought a binder that holds six cards per page a while back. It is designed to accommodate top loaders. I have used it for cards that I feel are nice but don't warrant grading or a bigger holder.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLange View Post
I've thought about this as well. With many team sets or final page of team sets being far less than 9 cards, it's unsightly at best and could cause storage problems and maybe even damage at worst when so many pages no longer lay flat. I like the idea of blanks for the open pockets but I keep wondering if their is some better solution. Any other ideas out there? If you do use blanks, do you organize the cards any differently in the page? i.e., one card in the center, four cards in the corners, etc. This issue has really kept me from displaying and enjoying smaller team sets in particular.
When I used binders if I had a page that would be less than 9 cards I'd leave the blank spaces next to the rings. After that or if it was only one space I'd leave the lower outside corner empty.

Then I went to storing them flat, then started moving them out of binders entirely.

Steve B
Old 06-23-2014, 11:15 AM

I never thought about the possible problems of leaving empty spaces in pages. I collect sets and leave paces where the cards should be numerically, if I don't have it. But, I don't move my sets to pages until I have at least 50% of the set complete. I hate empty spaces.

I also collect RAMS cards and keep them in seperate binders. I just use card sized pieces of paper, with the RAMS logo printed on them, as place holders to use within the set proper.

The cut up backer boards is a good idea and I just might have to try that as well, for page stability.