NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-18-2020, 03:58 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
. Time to clean up that card room and get a Craigslist pile for sale.
About 12 years ago I sold a vehicle on Craigslist. NEVER again...
Old 03-18-2020, 05:24 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
About 12 years ago I sold a vehicle on Craigslist. NEVER again...
I won’t even give things away for free on Craigslist anymore.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:36 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Working … for now. But we'll see for how long.

I've decided against buying online for now because I don't know where the cards/other items I buy are coming from, who's touched them, etc.

I've also decided against selling for the moment. Don't want to try and sell when the market is taking a downturn. Would rather hold and sell later in the summer/fall, if things are back to normal by then.

In the meantime, I've decided to try and get a bit organized. Also trying to get some scans in that I've been wanting to do. Also working on a website with all of my stuff that's FT/FS.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:28 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Cali has just been shut down completely. I now plan to soil myself, then regroup. TG weed is legal here or I would never calm down enough to sleep.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-20-2020, 05:28 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

I’m still working a normal schedule, so no change there. For the hobby, I’ve stopped buying, instead I’m taking my card budget and putting it in the stock market. If some of the key cards I need come up, I’ll reassess, but that’s the plan for now.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:36 PM
And*y Quig!ey

A welcome diversion.

Reorganizing these
74D5FEB8-3579-40BB-BA13-885BE8BC99BB.jpg

From this
F54F2B49-40B3-470A-9E46-74DF9E0E07B8.jpg

To this
AB0FE3EC-F4F0-4217-B340-A2AEA02B29E1.jpg

To display like this
15037135-450B-45E9-B960-08788BF4F51B.jpg

Last edited by ajquigs; 03-22-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:14 PM
Jeff Carlson

I'm working from home, as of this past Wednesday. I've decided to take to the sidelines with regard to collecting. Going to focus more on appreciation of what I have, as opposed to acquisition of what I don't. I was really already there. I work in the pipeline industry and the latest Saudi hijinks have got everyone on edge even before the coronavirus thing hit. That only compounded it.

If you'll forgive me for being philosophical for a moment, it is really odd how time seems to have stood still. My wife and I have OKC Thunder season tickets, and I was at the Thunder-Utah Jazz game that was postponed at the last minute due to Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test and was likely the catalyst for the decision to suspend the NBA season. That was only a week and half ago, yet is seems like ages.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:34 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

So true, Jeff. My wife and I were discussing just yesterday how time loses its relevance when there is nowhere you have to be and nothing live to watch or attend. I find the slower pace to my liking. Like last night I didn't even have to get high to sleep through the night.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Fred

I'm cleaning out my garage. Holy crap, I think if I stacked all of the auction catalogs (end to end), there'd be at least 15 feet of catalogs. Those things are HEAVY. I almost pushed them to the recycle bin but I can't bring myself to do that. The catalogs go back about 30 years.

Also found 5K count boxes of all kinds of 80s and 90s garbage along with an 86 vending case and 89D set case. I'm almost tempted to just burn the frigging cards.... So many fun things to do when you can't go out...
Old 03-22-2020, 02:53 PM
Randy Capel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Mostly working from home on my laptop on my dining room table. Ocassionaly play YouTube card videos on my iPad mini to break up the monotony. We've been in this status since about last Thursday. I did pickup a '70 Topps Roberto Clemente PSA 7 at the LCS yesterday, kind of a last hurrah. The owner is getting ready to shut down for what may be a good long while.
Read on the Beckett web site there are many card shops offering curbside service. Call your order in and drop by for a handoff. True entrepreneurial spirit. Hope all are well and safe.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:11 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Office is closed until at least April 1st , but going in everyday to see dental emergencies as they need and answering phone . No staff just me . Like most everyone I’m just hoping to survive this in many ways .
I did receive my Goldin Auction winnings last week , and picked up a Mike Trout 2011 Topps but the joy is not as much as in the past . Good thing all these were purchased well before all this hit . Now I’m hoping I won’t have to sell them .
Other than that just cleaning out closets and doing yard work and organizing some of my collection.
Everyone stay well .
Old 03-22-2020, 03:30 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Looks like this is going to last till' JUNE!!!!!
I am still working in the surrounding Atlanta area. Trying to keep hands washed and avoid too much contact. Hard to do with 20+ people around you. Glad we still get inspections.
Safety glasses and dust mask everyday with lysol wipes in tow.
NOTE: Protect yourselves @ GAS PUMPS!!!!

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 03-22-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:52 PM
Dave Grob

Default Photo Essays

Spending my time creating small "photo essays" as they involve a number of things I enjoy..

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.jpg (82.5 KB, 138 views)
Old 03-22-2020, 04:31 PM
Doug Goodman

I'm out of work for at least two months, so now's the time to sort thru all my stuff. The house is a disaster as my "office" spills out into it, luckily the lovely wife is at her 83 year old mom's house on a previously planned short trip, which is now getting longer...

Yesterday I focused on scanning things that don't fit on my scanner, then stitching the scans together.

More of that today...

Doug "I seldom leave the house when I'm home anyway" Goodman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1888-10-07 St Louis Republic small.jpg (77.1 KB, 128 views)
Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Doug—That’s a great piece. I’ve never seen that before.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:48 AM

What am I doing, you might be asking again? I say this:

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...86#post1964286

Brian