NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Scott

Default Interesting. A Coach's corner employee?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Christy-Mathewso...item20ae04d6f5

I find that a bit disturbing. Maybe this guy is a forger in the making, or works for Coach's corner or something. Thats not too bad looking a Mathewson, and would certainly be authenticated by "Morales" or "Scat Authentic".
Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Pup6913

At least in his description he stated he forged it. He is atleast not jerking anyone around by lying or misleading.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Scott

Yeah, but he could be hired by CC...
Old 11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Pup6913

yeah I know. Its a shame that we have people like that out there. Good thing is atleast for now he's not on the dark side
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Max Weder

If there is nothing which would identify it as a replica signature, then it is already well on the side of darkness

Last edited by baseballart; 11-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballart View Post
If there is nothing which would identify it as a replica signature, then it is already well on the side of darkness
Nice Point. I will agree that it could be taken and resold somewhere else for the purpose or scamming.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

You aren't allowed to sell replica's (known forgeries) on eBay and I will report it.

Coach's Corner Sports Auction just concluded another fine auction where they sold FIVE Mathewson's (including a single), and the new auction is up, and two more!

They also have all this Darren Daulton s--t (like who cares) that they hope legitimizes their operation as STAT (or SCUM AUTHENTIC) has reviewed each piece.

Another Josh Gibson ball, another Coach's Corner Auction.

Nice work on the youtube guy with his two latest vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Y1sYzXuLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnMJg1Ee2wk

LM
Old 11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Dan Bretta

I've pointed out this thread to the seller...maybe he will chime in here. He's not trying to scam anyone, I think he just hasn't thought of the ramifications of making and selling an item like this.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

It's still up (as are his Mel Ott and Lou Gehrig Balls). The Matty and Ott are reasonably good fakes that might fool a few novice people. I suppose the Gehrig Ball might as well, though it is executed horribly.

Unfortunately, even if/when Ebay shuts these down, I am sure these items will somehow make it into the hands of some "bad" people...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
It's still up (as are his Mel Ott and Lou Gehrig Balls). The Matty and Ott are reasonably good fakes that might fool a few novice people. I suppose the Gehrig Ball might as well, though it is executed horribly.

Unfortunately, even if/when Ebay shuts these down, I am sure these items will somehow make it into the hands of some "bad" people...
I checked out his closed auctions and he sold a fake Ruth ball a week or so back. I guess his failure to respond to my last email or to offer up any comments here means he's not going to stop doing this. Ah well...hopefully ebay will shut him down.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Not to hijack thread, but on the subject of STAT authentic: When I was at the Hofstra card show a few weeks ago in Long Island, There was a guy with what looked like stacks of pics signed by both Mantle and DiMaggio (Stat Authentic). I thought they looked funny and found it very strange that he had so many signed by both guys in the same sharpie, (All new looking glossy photos and sigs too and unframed/loose!).

There was a guy who stopped and asked about them and I believe the asking price was 200 for what I believe were 11x14's signed by DiMaggio and Mantle. Then the man asked the kid who was selling them why they were so cheap. His response was "I'm just looking to get rid of them".

I felt bad for the guy asking about them because he seemed interested. I'm not sure if he bought one or not. I wanted to warn him but didn't want to overstep my boundaries and/or cause a scene.

Talk about red flags though; so many of the exact same new looking photos of these deceased superstars for only 200 dollars. And the guy just wants to get rid of them. That told me all I need to know about STAT authentic.

It's a shame how many bad guys are out there.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 11-12-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Scott

Not to sound like a broken record, but honestly, and I direct this at guys like Richard Simon and others who know autographs, why can't the authorities do anything about this crap being sold? Yeah, a guy does videos, and that for sure is helping, but many naive people are buying fakes. Yeah, education is needed to know what you are buying, and from who, but still, these guys are selling out and out Fakes, and I just wish the authorities could step in.

What else can we do? Them and AA need to be stopped for sure.

http://www.aasportscollectibles.com/

Look under Vintage signed and get sick.

Yeah, Im just a small guy with a couple things I own, and mostly lurk, but I know whats right too, and these crooks like AA and Roaches need to be stopped.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Richard Simon

What we on Net 54 know and what can be proven in court are two different things.
It took multi millions of dollars in theft and many years before the Feds would move on the Marino family in Operation Bullpen.
It is not easy to get law enforcement to act in matters like this. Believe me.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow