NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default OT: Paypal eMail Issues

FYI: If you are a Seller and have not received eBay Payment notifications from PayPal, you are not alone. Over the past 3 days, I have been receiving only a few eMail notifications stating that a buyer paid for their item. Yet, when I checked my eBay account, it says that buyers have been paying.

Just got off the phone with Paypal and was told that they were aware of the issue and are working on it. I asked how long? They said 24-48 hours.

So, if you don't want to get penalized for not shipping your items out 10 seconds after the buyer pays, it would be a good idea to check your eBay orders. I did and was surprised to find a few payments I did not know about.

It would have been nice if Paypal sent out a general eMail to their customers to let them know what is going on.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 03-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Dan Bretta

I never rely on paypal notification in email to tell me that something has been paid for. I just check my ebay account.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I have been using paypal for multiorder shipping for many years now. Since they split from eBay the platform has been entirely unreliable on a daily basis. This current problem with notifications, which is also impacting the multiorder shipping, has been going on for a few days and just part of the same instability syncing with eBay. I would not rely on their 24-48 hours for resolution.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Dave

Yeah, been noticing it the last couple of days. Luckily I've caught them because I still get the the ones from Ebay that say Item has been bought and Paid for.

However, I like to communicate directly with the buyer that I've received their payment through the Paypal e-mail because that links up to their e-mail address, and that's been impossible lately.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
I have been using paypal for multiorder shipping for many years now. Since they split from eBay the platform has been entirely unreliable on a daily basis. This current problem with notifications, which is also impacting the multiorder shipping, has been going on for a few days and just part of the same instability syncing with eBay. I would not rely on their 24-48 hours for resolution.

I abandoned the Paypal multi-order shipping years ago when it became glitchy and unreliable.

I'd highly recommend Stamps.com. I have the paid subscription version because I use it for other things, but I think you can get a free account if you are using it for just Ebay stuff.

Way, way more reliable then Paypal shipping, and much more intuitive then Ebay shipping.

If you set it up properly it posts all the tracking information directly back with Ebay automatically when you print the labels out.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Thanks Dave. I will check it out today. I would love an alternative to paypal for shipping.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:45 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
If you set it up properly it posts all the tracking information directly back with Ebay automatically when you print the labels out.
This is exactly why I stuck with stamps.com even after ebay added the ability to print labels. That, and I was uncomfortable having all of my shipping history stored only in ebay what with their tendency to discard information after 90 days. And I don't just sell on ebay either, so having a separate shipping service keeps all those records on one location regardless of what platform the item was sold on.

Also note that some of the PayPal emails are extremely delayed (or they're just now catching up). As I've been typing this, I have received 3 emails for items that were paid for yesterday and already shipped out this morning.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:44 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Most of the time I just go through the USPS site for shipping. The price is usually about the same or a little cheaper.
James
Old 03-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

disregard

Last edited by earlywynnfan; 03-05-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: wrong info