NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Has anyone received their cards from Slater's Auction yet?

Posted By: TBob

Auction ended 6-19. I was advised that they would be late getting out their invoices It took 2 weeks). I mailed money orders to them on 7-7-03 and haven't heard a word. Tried emailing them the past week to no effect. Kind of a strange way to do business and keep customers coming back to bid in their auctions (I won a card over $650).
Any word from fellow winning bidders would be appreciated.
Bob

Old 08-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Bob--I got mine last Wednesday. The reason for the delay in getting the invoices out was that the office manager took a two week vacation after the auction. Nice timing, eh?

Old 08-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I got mine about last Wed. also. Seemed pretty late to me....I had already almost forgotten about it. The ole "office manager is on vacation" trick (ala Get Smart) is pretty lame....I sort of hope they have some high level talks about how auctions are supposed to run. AND if they think I am sending in $35 for a catalogue, after I won a lot-albeit a small one, they are crazy......regards all

Old 08-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Thanks Jay and Leon, I feel a little better, but I am going to give them a call tomorrow at work to find out where the heck Matty is. It's not THAT hard for a card to make it to the Ozarks! It's been almost a month since payment was mailed and I sent two money orders so I wouldn't have to wait while a check cleared. I guess the joke was on me...

Old 08-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark s.

I got mine last Friday but they sent me two wrong lots. Believe it or not, they are much more expensive than those lots that I won combined. I will call them later this week and tell them I still haven't receive my lots.

Old 08-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Administrator

here on the board by several posters???? These guys aren't even a well run Mom and Pop outfit. Hopefully the lots you got weren't mine, Mark! I am through with these guys. You call them and they pick up the phone and quickly hang up before you can say a word. Then you call right back, wondering what the frigging deal is, and there is an answering machine picking up which says only "call in the afternoon" and doesn't take messages. Then you call for 2 hours in the afternoon and it is busy continuously (probably other irate customers). I given them a big "F" for their service and customer relations.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Administrator

These guys are somehow associated with Mastro so I would suggest that you address some comments to them.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy Leiderman

Bob, this was their first big lot auction in a lot of years and seems that they were not prepared for it.
I know that your situation is frustrating but give them some days to straight things out.

Jay's opinion is a good choice, but I think your problem will be solved.

They were a pretty serious auction house back then, so why not now?

Old 08-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

Did anyone who won cards in this auction receive a prices realized list? If so, would you be willing to fax me a copy?

Old 08-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Hey Andy,
I didn't get one. I doubt the other folks did either. I agree and disagree (respectfully of course) about giving them time. Yes, it's true it was a large quantity of lots. I just don't give much slack when business folks aren't ready to open the doors and they go ahead anyway. This obviously was not a very well organized situation.....not trying to be mean here but that's just the fact.....and yes, they do have an association with Mastro. This is just a personal opinion here but I would expect this auction house to get it in gear or..............regards all

Old 08-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Jimmy- I appreciate your sentiments about giving them some time but despite the fact it has been a month since I mailed the money orders (isn't that enough time?), I think the way they handle their customer inquiries is bush league. I've never had this kind of problem with any on-line auction outfit (except Clean Sweep a while back) before. Very amateurish. The sellers on ebay I have dealt with who are posters on this board like Quan, Leon, Pete, Scott, John, Jim, Tim, Bill, etc. could definitely give these guys some good advice about how to treat your customers.
Bob

Old 08-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Well, Matty arrived today. I went out tonight to water and saw a package sitting on the front door step. UPS dropped it off and just laid it on the front step next to a bush. That wasn't Slater's fault that UPS was too ignorant to read on the package where a signature was needed. Nothing like having a $600 card on the front step. If I hadn't gone out to water, I may have missed it and no telling what would have happened. So, I count my blessings. By the way the card was gorgeous. If you can put up with horrible service and customer relations but want nice cards, they are the way to go...

Old 08-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy Leiderman

Bob, Glad to hear the card arrived safely.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: deadballera

I called them yesterday and they still have not sent my winning bid for the Buck Weaver wire photo from 1917.

They said they have over 300 lots that are still being wrapped , boxed, etc...even though they cashed my check weeks ago. I will also probably not spend the $35 for the catalogs...

Old 08-08-2003, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike s.

deadballera, they lied. Your Weaver wire photo is one of the lots that I received by mistake. Let me know your address and I will ship it back to you. You should be glad that u posted here, I was about to frame the photo and put that in the basement. By the way, I still haven't received the lot that I am suppose to get yet.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Mike,

Thanks for the e-mail....

What the heck is going on over there at Slaters ! How about some Quality Control ?

Todd

Old 08-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Did you receive my e-mail with my shipping address ?

Thanks

Todd

Old 08-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Administrator

It's not often that these types of lies get exposed but I would suggest that you make Slaters aware that you know they lied and hopefully it would prevent a repeat of that kind of action in the future.