NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-31-2010, 07:06 AM
scott altland

Default ebay/delivery confirmation ?

happy new years all of you,
I sold a card on ebay with delivery confirmation...sent dec 13 delivered dec 16th.todayrecieved email that the individual did not receive it.the person has 100% rating . any experience with this?
thanks,
scott
Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Get in touch with the buyer and show that you have proof it was delivered. Sometimes the PO will accept a package, scan it and then send it out for delivery. If it was left at someones door or on a porch, it is possible that it was taken and the buyer doesn't even know it.

Good luck.

Jeff
Old 12-31-2010, 07:13 AM
scott altland

update....was delivered to wrong address....what is my responsibility if any?
scott
Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 AM
J@RR0D

I think if insurance wasn't purchased, you may be on the hook for it. I usually insure cards over $100, not for damage (they'll never pay) but for loss.

Good luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by goudey1933 View Post
update....was delivered to wrong address....what is my responsibility if any?
scott
If you made a mistake it's on you. If the other person made a mistake it's on them. Hopefully it will be ok anyway. That is the way I usually see these things. I also do try to bend over backwards to help situations but that is sort of beside the point...I do that just because I am a great guy
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

It's been quite a December!

Is this about the E90-1?

It's not the seller's fault, and it's certainly not the buyer's, but everyone needs to be aware of this. The card was $23.06, so insurance would be seemingly irrational. It ended on 12-12-10. Knowing the seller was receiving good feedback, etc, and after not receiving the card, I didn't ask for shipping information until today, which was the final day of the expected delivery time frame. The seller quickly replied and provided the tracking number. It showed shipped on the 13th, delivered on the 16th. This corresponded to the feedback the seller had been receiving for the others items he sold on the 12th.

I still have not received the card. The delivery confirmation showed the card was delivered at 9:12 AM. Our mail rarely runs before noon, and when it's before noon, never before 11:30 AM or so. I had to ship a package today, and my wife said she'd drop it off so I printed the information requesting she ask them about it. While she was there, a post office employee called me. Our conversation went as follows (pasted from sent message to seller so I wouldn't have to re-type it). This message followed other messages the seller and I exchanged:

"You're obviously a good seller and a good guy....Just talked to the PO as I was typing this. They said their scanners have been duplicating numbers and it's all messed up due to the holidays, adding they talked to our mail carrier and at that time of the morning she hasn't even left the office to start her route. She said she certainly isn't in our neighborhood at that time. The lady said they have a partnership with FedEx, and when Fed Ex delivers a pallet of packages to our post office, he or she scans in the pallet, which also scans in each and every package on the pallet. She said they don't scan each individual item. She said they've been having a lot of problems like this (!). I told her it sounds like there's an internal investigation they need to get started on. She reluctantly agreed.

WOW!"

The card never made it to my mailbox. It was allegedly on a pallet that was scanned received by my local post office. How did it get scanned as delivered? Is there an employee there that knows this holiday procedure and may take advantage? Maybe, but something happened to the package. The employee I spoke to concluded it may show up later.

If this is about that card, don't worry about it, I'd buy from everest012000 any day. I would appreciate it if you'd e-mail me an image of both the card front and back so I can bolo for it.

It would have been my first E90-1 for my recently started type card collection, and quite a deal for a PSA 2.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default scanning

I have to disagree with the Post Offices explanation about the scanning. When Fed Ex drops off their Smart Post parcels at the PO (We have agreements with Fed Ex and UPS), we make one scan that accepts the entire shipment, but we are also required to scan each individual parcel as "arrived at delivery unit". This way we know that each parcel on the manifest did indeed arrive at the Post Office. It looks like someone isn't performing their job correctly.

Once these items are scanned they are broken down by route and given to the carriers. The carriers are then required to scan each parcel with a "stop the clock" scan. These are scans made out on the street at the time of delivery. It could be "delivered", "attempted delivery", or various other options.

Each scanner has a unique number, so it is easy to tell which scanner delivered the parcel. Each route has it's own scanner, so if your carriers scanner scanned this parcel as delivered, then either the regular carrier or the sub is the person who delivered this parcel. Your Postmaster should be able to take care of this for you. The local Post Office has a computer that is hooked up to the scanners that will print a list of items that shows the scanner number, route number, time and date of delivery for every parcel.

Good luck,
Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:26 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Great information.

Our regular carrier was delivering that day according to the lady I spoke to, and I knew prior to them telling me that she is never, ever on our street that early. The person I spoke to said she spoke to our carrier, whom we know and speak to often, and was told she hasn't started her route at that time of day. She said numbers have been duplicated, etc and blamed it on the holiday season.

Your information helps. BTW, the date and time of delivery was noted on the web site tracking information. Are you saying the postmaster will have more accurate information as to the date and time of delivery, and that the web site's information may display incorrect information compared to the site?

I'm now waiting on our carrier to come by so I can speak to her.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Another thing sellers may want to think about:

I don't want to send messages to sellers requesting mailing date, etc, and I never received any messages or information from this seller. Therefore, I judged expected delivery by the dates ebay provides, which was estimated as 12/20/10 - 12/31/10. On, 12/31/10, I sent the message because I had not received the package at the end estimated time frame, only to receive a tracking number indicating delivered on the 16th. Had I received a tracking number to start with, I would've known this on the 16th or 17th. In hindsight, I should have sent the message sooner since I noticed he was receiving feedback for other 12/12/10 sales near the beginning time frame. I will not blame myself for any aspect of this goat-roping however.

Scott, I sent you a message yesterday through ebay. Please begin responding, haven't heard from you since I began replying here. I need to tell you something.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 AM
qu@n nguy3n

just split the diff, seller refunds half through paypal. ebay has an add tracking feature now that takes 5 seconds to copy and paste. how hard is it to keep the buyer in the loop?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Dan Bretta

I recently purchased a postcard from a fellow Net54er and it had DC on it...I watched it as it made its way across the country only to sit in Hazelwood, Missouri for three days as it was scanned all three days..then it said it left Hazelwood and for two days it was in limbo before finally arriving. I attribute it to holiday mail, but it was certainly exasperating watching it sit in the same place for three days and then disappear for two. I also still have no clue what happened this past Summer when a priority mail package from Omaha to Lincoln (50 miles) took 7 days to get to me and was scanned as delivered the day before I actually got it.