NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Shipping Question

Hey guys, I am not sure exactly where this would go aside from water cooler talk, but I am posting here because I think it is a question that many sellers can learn from. If it is not the right place or not welcome here, than please move it to the appropriate section (the water cooler section is where questions go to die haha).

The question is... What is the easiest way to ship sets of cards with more than 700 cards in them?

I have tried everything and unless it is the 660 count box, it won't fit in a USPS flat rate. Does anyone have a method they use? I want to pack it right, and have a lot of sets, and I'm all out of ideas and make shift packing supplies haha.

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:19 AM
John Wondowski

Stephen,

How about using multiple 400 count boxes? You still need to do the box in a box thang, but it works!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

That is what I meant by makeshift! I am all out of those boxes haha. That is why I am asking about another way.

Thanks a bunch as always for your help!!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:30 AM
St@n Go.len

I rarely use flat rate unless its going far away. I normally just ship priority and use 2 boxes taped together for extra length.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Rob

Yeah...Those sets are a pain in the butt. I preferred not to deal with those. Splitting into two boxes is the way to go, but it's a hassle securing the cards within, etc.

Much easier to ship them in 3 ring binders.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Steve Birmingham

For a set it's a nuisance, but when I was doing biggish lots of junk - 100-400 cards- I made "wrappers" out of printer paper and wrapped each hundred or so individually. If the cards were nicer I'd use wrecked 80's commons on either end as a bit of protection.

I could fit 400 in the bigger small flat rate box, 2-300 in the smaller one.

I also bought a lot of maybe a couple thousand British cards, lower grade. They came in a flat rate box, with a 91 score set in a binder and a bunch of other 91 score all used as packing material.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
For a set it's a nuisance, but when I was doing biggish lots of junk - 100-400 cards- I made "wrappers" out of printer paper and wrapped each hundred or so individually. If the cards were nicer I'd use wrecked 80's commons on either end as a bit of protection.

I could fit 400 in the bigger small flat rate box, 2-300 in the smaller one.

I also bought a lot of maybe a couple thousand British cards, lower grade. They came in a flat rate box, with a 91 score set in a binder and a bunch of other 91 score all used as packing material.

I once ordered 100 smaller bubbly envelope mailers online. A rather large box arrived that was filled with at least 250 of the same envelopes. On the invoice/packing slip enclosed there was a note saying that if the order didn’t fill their shipping box that additional product may be enclosed as packing material.
I didn’t complain. Unfortunately I am still sending cards in the “packing” material from that order and I can’t remember where they came from when the time comes to re-order. I think the actual cost with the packing material was 6 cents each for the mailers, a good deal in my opinion.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 04-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Robert Klevens

I shipped about 3500 cards in this large flat rate box. I put the cards in 660 and 550 ct boxes and then inside the flat rate box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frb.jpg (77.0 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default usps shipping options

If you are looking for a larger assortment of Priority shipping boxes than your local Post Office carries, you can set up a free account at www.USPS.com.

The boxes are free and they are shipped to your home for free. Some of the items that I use are:

Priority padded bags
Box 4 and Box 7, which are small square Priority boxes
The game box that Robert showed
Regional Rate A and Regional Rate B boxes

For some reason, these items have never been available at Post Offices and they are only available through USPS.com.

The Regional Rate boxes can save you a ton of money when you ship Priority to zones 1 through 4. You can print Regional postage from the eBay/Paypal site when you sell something on eBay.

Regional Rate pricing can be found here, along with all of the current Postal pricing - https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/notice123.htm#_c078

Zone charts can be found here - https://postcalc.usps.com/DomesticZoneChart

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.