NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Patrick N.

Default Does Joe's Vintage...

Does Joes Vintage Cards ever lower BIN prices if an item doesn't sell after 30+ days? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Andrew

I have not seen prices lowered. I have seen him put up T205 and T206 for auction when new inventory is added. Hope this helps
Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Marc S.

Default Rather than

post publicly, why don't you just pick up the phone, give Joe a call, and make an offer on the card you're interested in? I've had a number of positive dealings with Joe; I can't imagine that you are going to get satisfaction by a public posting basically asking for lower BIN prices...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Steve Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan View Post
post publicly, why don't you just pick up the phone, give Joe a call, and make an offer on the card you're interested in? I've had a number of positive dealings with Joe; I can't imagine that you are going to get satisfaction by a public posting basically asking for lower BIN prices...
+1

Joe's good peeps. He'll work with you if you're reasonable.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I've always found Joe's BIN's to be very reasonable. He may be slightly higher than VCP average, but the service is great. Everything I've ever bought (whether it was one card or multiple cards) was shipped in a box and arrived quickly.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Barry

I have nothing but great things to say regarding my dealings with Joe's cards. He has always been willing to work with me, answers questions quickly and provides great customer service. In my experience, his prices have been some of the more reasonable BIN prices.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
JB

Default .........

I have worked with them via email and they were willing to come down on prices in the past.

Successful transactions with: HRBAKER, CHADDURBIN,DRDDUET,DOUBLEP,T213, RM444, MJSILVEY80, CHARLIETHEEXTERMINATOR,QUINNSRYCHE,PROFHOLT82,EJST EL,OHIOCARDCOLLECTOR
Old 11-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by btkpath View Post
I have nothing but great things to say regarding my dealings with Joe's cards. He has always been willing to work with me, answers questions quickly and provides great customer service. In my experience, his prices have been some of the more reasonable BIN prices.
+1 I have always had great service and reasonable BIN prices from Joes. Just wish he wasn't based in Illinois so I could avoid the sales tax.

Last edited by Big Ben; 11-08-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Patrick N.

Fair enough, maybe I should've called but since he sells a bunch of pre-war I figured people on this board may have noticed a pattern whereby if an item goes unsold after 30 days then this seller adjusts price by "x" or just continues to relist it at the same price...Yes, I know Joes is a good place to shop.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan View Post
I don't think the OP was bad mouthing Joe by making a public post at all just trying to find on info on how to deal with him.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

All my dealings with Joe's Vintage has been A+++. The only pattern i've seen is most of the lower graded common cards if not sold with Buy It Now, would then be auctioned off after a month or two. Most rare backs and HOF'ers are kept at Buy It Now's because they always either sell on ebay or his website at the asking price.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Reg

As all the others have said I've also only had great dealings with Joe's, I was told he can't really work on the E-bay price listings but if you email or call about a card you see they will discount it on there website.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Matt Hall

He's made deals with me on his website before. Check out his website and give him a call. Don't make offers to him on eBay. There's always a chance he'll get in trouble

-Matt
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Rob Miller

I have seen prices lowered after a BIN stay or two, but sporadically.

As pretty much everyone has said, they will work with you and I have had nothing but positive dealings with Joe's. I probably have acquired over 100 1933 Goudeys from them over the last 3 years.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Top notch seller, was able to negotiate through his site and he personally made sure a delivery was rushed to Canada before I went on holidays.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 PM

Joe is top notch.... He goes the extra mile on every transaction and provides the fastest shipping around. Give him a call....
Be well Brian
Old 11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Scott H.

I have purchased from him several times, all with negotiated prices lower than his BIN.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Phil Garry

Just made a deal today with them, picked up the phone and called. Top notch service!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btkpath View Post
+1

JimB
Old 11-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Mike

Default Joes

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
+1

JimB
+1 as well. As others have said, their BINs are usually relatively reasonable as a starting point - they will give you a little % discount on a multi-card purchase via their website

Have to put in a plug for Tim - he's great to work with and usually responds quickly, even over the weekends.

As an aside, you can find bargains in their inventory if you look hard and know your stuff. They have lots of inventory ...

--
Mike
Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Isaac Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Weisner View Post
Joe is top notch.... He goes the extra mile on every transaction and provides the fastest shipping around. Give him a call....
Be well Brian
+1
Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Patrick N.

I contacted them and got a small discount on the card I wanted. Thanks for everybody's reply
Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
I contacted them and got a small discount on the card I wanted. Thanks for everybody's reply
Just curious. Was the card in question from the 1930's? I was watching a Joe's BIN card on Ebay as well.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Patrick N.

No, it was a 57 Campy
Old 11-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Ben H*ds@n

Thanks. He has a lot of cards out there and saw a 33 Hornsby that recently ended.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Zach

I will further vouche for Joe's so far. I lost that T205 Wallace no cap auction last night, so I contacted joe today to but his T205 Wallace no cap he discounted a decent amount, even for being a fellow Illinois resident. They work fast and have great service hopefully he will ship quickly too.

Last edited by zljones; 11-09-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Tim Caravella

I have had several flawless transactions with Joe's. Shipments have been very quick.

Tim
Old 11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Marty Pritchard

One suggestion that I have when contacting a seller on eBay to ask for a discount for doing a deal off eBay to save fees. Please try and avoid using eBay Messages. It is against eBay policy to use eBay to conduct business outside of eBay and eBay is able to view all messages. You may be able to find contact information on the seller's "ME" page.

For cards that I list on both my web site and eBay, I have two different prices. If I have a card for $100 on eBay, it is probably $90 on my web site. I net about the same and the buyer gets a lower price on my site. I do not know if Joe does the same or not.

Last edited by martyp; 11-09-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Brian T.

I too have had several positive transactions with Joe. He does have a website outside of eBay. Perhaps you can contact him there.

http://www.joesvintagesportscards.com/
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Zach

I just called down, it makes the whole thing easier and faster, and the number is on the website