NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Default eBay Fraudulant Listing!!

Posted By: Josh Wulkan

Boardies:

I just wanted to alert you to a problem that was brought to my attention last night. Apparently, someone decided it would be cool to steal our image and our description on a particular lot in our auction, post it on eBay and sell it with a Buy It Now. Here is the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-86-Maryland-Terrapins-Signed-Yearbook-Len-Bias_W0QQitemZ230269878611QQihZ013QQcategoryZ64492 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just an FYI, if you see something on eBay, even if the guy has a 2000+ feedback rating, it may be a scam.

Josh Wulkan
VP Auction Operations
www.hugginsandscott.com

p.s. By the way, I did contact eBay and the winning bidder about this. I heard nothing from the winning bidder and haven't heard anything back from eBay.

p.p.s. Our auction's day 2 ends tonight. Initial bids must be in by 9:00pm EST

Old 07-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay wolt

Looks like someone used the Buy It Now at $975.00

Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Josh,

Per our conversation, I have alerted my contact in eBay's fraud department to this matter. I hope this helps.

Best,

Jodi

Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

I just noticed the buy it now price as well, Josh do you think it was someone that thought they could win the auction tonight at a lower price. Interesting they selected this particular auction, maybe to avoid a lot of attention. I hope things workout and you can get to the bottom of this.

Jimmy

J&B Sports Auctions

Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Wulkan

I don't think so. I'm not sure what the guy was hoping for, but it was listed at 9:07 and sold at 9:08, so the item was actually only visible for about a minute. That seems unusual to me, so I thought maybe the guy was just looking to improve his feedback by stealing an image and a description, listing it with a buy it now and having a friend or an alias bid on it. No monetary transaction would take place, but the guy would be improving his feedback and percentage. Seems possible to me, but I have no idea. I feel bad if this was legit and the buyer actually already paid by Paypal or something.

Josh

Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Josh - the item was listed on the outside of the H&S catalog and would be a poor choice for a scam. I'll put my money down that the buyer and the seller are the same. With the current Microsoft/ebay promotion, he basically just took the money out of one pocket, put it in the other and after he pays the ebay/Paypal fees, netted himself 13% profit after 60 days. Much better then a 4% 12 month CD.
Of course, the guy could just be an idiot.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Ebay looks like they are playing it safe....they took it down...closed or not....so my guess is that they will investigate further....