NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-14-2018, 01:48 PM
N
Banned

Default Mistakes happen...

Had the sad realization yesterday that I accidentally sent out the wrong card to the wrong buyer on eBay. Whoops!

Thankfully, the recipient is willing to send the card back. Grateful to have two understanding parties. With efforts to satiate both buyers, I'm offering full refunds along with the cards in question.

Total loss? About $25, including the refunds .

Do you have any shipping mix-up stories you'd like to share?

-NJ
Old 03-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Not a mix-up, just a delay in which the buyer asked for a refund ($426) and the card arrived three days later...I had it insured anyway, but the buyer sent the money be very quickly.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 03-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Mel Quatt.lebaum

yes they do...............got a great deal on a pre-paid round of golf. Showed up with my buddies on Tuesday and the round was for Monday. Course not as agreeable as your customers.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Customer sent me a message saying he was missing a card. I thought not possible as I have a system, and only handle one order at a time. Asked him to double check while I did the same. I had the damned card! I asked him to count the total cards and dug a little deeper. I realized the card before it was missing. I quickly looked and fortunately confirmed it had gone unsold. He confirmed there were 35 cards and the wrong card had been sent. Told him to keep that card. Fortunately, he was bidding on more cards in another grouping I had ending 3 days later and told me to just hang onto it until those were done. He won several more so I just added it to those.

Not really any lost $, just a little headache. Easy going and cooperative customer helped.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:22 PM
Chris

Not exactly the same but sold something on here to someone really cheap. Shipped it in a plain white envelope and it was returned for insufficient funds. Took it to my office's post office, had it weighed, and shippied it again. Same problem. Finally, refunded the guy's money and sent it in a bubble envelope. Cost me more in postage than I would have been paid in the first place.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Steve Birmingham

Back when checks were more common on ebay I had someone ask why his stuff hadn't arrived. So I asked why his check hadn't.

He did send it, but sent another. When I got it I realized why it didn't arrive. He sent it in one of the payment envelopes from his electric company which had a preprinted bar code. So the automatic machine read the code and sent his check addressed to me to his power company. When he called them, they said they were wondering when he'd call. I got a new check, he got his original one back. All was good.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Had the sad realization yesterday that I accidentally sent out the wrong card to the wrong buyer on eBay. Whoops!

Thankfully, the recipient is willing to send the card back. Grateful to have two understanding parties. With efforts to satiate both buyers, I'm offering full refunds along with the cards in question.

Total loss? About $25, including the refunds .

Do you have any shipping mix-up stories you'd like to share?

-NJ
I have had so many of these situations, always rectified but were "rectal" in nature and my fault, that I can't remember them all. Stuff happens. As long as it's handled quickly and to everyone's satisfaction then it's no-harm-no-foul in my book.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Tony

I had sold 2 PSA Aarons on ebay same day; mixed up the order, both communicated to me I got it wrong, ask each other to send to each other or return which ever easier; they send send to each other; I paid for labels and emailed them to each one, The one guy sent to other right away, the other person waited like 3 weeks to do so.

Not a pleasant experience; Hence I double check before I seal envelope and usually twice now when hungover.