NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Joey Farino is a lot of things, but I don't think he is a scammer. Anybody that has ever dealt with him on this board, the CU boards or the PSA boards was dealt with honestly and received exactly what they paid for. If anybody has any proof otherwise, please show me.
I dont think its very HONEST when you tell someone your grandmother died in order to cancel a sale or you contact a seller and ask for a partial refund because the card doesnt measure up to your grading standards. Too make a long story short there is a reason Joey/joeyf/jboog/italianz31/mantlefan81/sam52 is no longer allowed on the Net54, PSA or SGC boards.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
I dont think its very HONEST when you tell someone your grandmother died in order to cancel a sale or you contact a seller and ask for a partial refund because the card doesnt measure up to your grading standards. Too make a long story short there is a reason Joey/joeyf/jboog/italianz31/mantlefan81/sam52 is no longer allowed on the Net54, PSA or SGC boards.
I concur 100%
Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Joey Farino is a lot of things, but I don't think he is a scammer. Anybody that has ever bought from him on this board, the CU boards or the PSA boards was dealt with honestly and received exactly what they paid for. If anybody has any proof otherwise, please show me.
There, I fixed it for you. How's that?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
So he is honest to buy from and dishonest when selling to?

ok, I guess that is a little better
Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

Quote:
Still not right...I bought a few items from him. Actually paid the asking price for one item and about 2 hours after payment was sent he refunded the money saying it wasnt enough. He stated he needed more money because his grandmother had died and his girlfriend was pregnant. This was about 3 months before he told another board member about his grandmother dying...Which he could/would have more than one.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Dan,

Joey didn't scam you. He made a purchase from you and wanted to return it. You got your card back and he got his money back. Did he lie about the reason why he wanted to return it? Perhaps. Who really knows? But being a liar doesn't make him a scammer.

Keith,

That is the first time I've heard about this. If that is true, then that makes Joey a douche bag in my book. However, it does not make him a scammer. You were out nothing.

You guys are grasping for straws here. I repeat, if someone can show me where Joey Farino scammed them out of money/cards, then I'll admit I was wrong. But if you can't, isn't it really time to drop it?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Dan,

Joey didn't scam you. He made a purchase from you and wanted to return it. You got your card back and he got his money back. Did he lie about the reason why he wanted to return it? Perhaps. Who really knows? But being a liar doesn't make him a scammer.

Keith,

That is the first time I've heard about this. If that is true, then that makes Joey a douche bag in my book. However, it does not make him a scammer. You were out nothing.

You guys are grasping for straws here. I repeat, if someone can show me where Joey Farino scammed them out of money/cards, then I'll admit I was wrong. But if you can't, isn't it really time to drop it?
David- why the big deal? Who cares? The guy makes 0 difference in our lives and he isn't on this board. Regardless of anything else out all, the emails he sent me were enough to not want our members to have to put up with him. Admittedly I asked for id, he gave it and then I asked for more because of new revelations, but that doesn't mean the guy should go ballistic on me. He should have thanked me if anything for trying to keep this place as safe as possible. He shot himself in the foot with the way he acted, forgetting everything and anything else.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
I agree 100%. Anyone that refunded him money because it didn't measure up to his standards either overgraded the card them selves to get more $ and it finally bit them or is just plain silly. I would take a negative before I refunded anything. It's not gonna hurt your reputation because he is a thief/liar.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He should have thanked me if anything for trying to keep this place as safe as possible. He shot himself in the foot with the way he acted, forgetting everything and anything else.
Honestly, thank you Leon making this board as safe as possible. You personally stopped a transaction I nearly made and would have been burned on in the past (not by Joey). I'd just asoon not have any liars, double identity or any dishonest people on the board and you are the sheriff in town. Thank you Leon.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
David- why the big deal? Who cares? The guy makes 0 difference in our lives and he isn't on this board. Regardless of anything else out all, the emails he sent me were enough to not want our members to have to put up with him. Admittedly I asked for id, he gave it and then I asked for more because of new revelations, but that doesn't mean the guy should go ballistic on me. He should have thanked me if anything for trying to keep this place as safe as possible. He shot himself in the foot with the way he acted, forgetting everything and anything else.
Leon,

I agree with you 100%. I have no problem with him being booted from the board. You made a reasonable request and if he didn't comply then he should pound sand.

I'm just not sure why this thread was revived three and a half months later just to beat a dead horse and drag his name through the mud? I repeat what I said earlier: Joey Farino is a lot of things (liar, idiot, moron, douche, alt, not a man of his word or whatever you want to call him), but that doesn't make him a scammer. He's had tens of thousands of dollars worth of transactions and as far as I know (and once again, somebody please correct me if I am wrong) nobody ever got taken for a dime.

I don't particularly like the guy, but on the other hand I don't like to see anybody falsely accused of things either. You're right, it makes 0 difference in our lives. That said, I'm just not sure why the thread was bumped just to continue to assassinate his character w/o any proof.

I do concur with the others in that I'm glad you make this a safe place for all of us. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Leon,

I agree with you 100%. I have no problem with him being booted from the board. You made a reasonable request and if he didn't comply then he should pound sand.

I'm just not sure why this thread was revived three and a half months later just to beat a dead horse and drag his name through the mud? I repeat what I said earlier: Joey Farino is a lot of things (liar, idiot, moron, douche, alt, not a man of his word or whatever you want to call him), but that doesn't make him a scammer. He's had tens of thousands of dollars worth of transactions and as far as I know (and once again, somebody please correct me if I am wrong) nobody ever got taken for a dime.

I don't particularly like the guy, but on the other hand I don't like to see anybody falsely accused of things either. You're right, it makes 0 difference in our lives. That said, I'm just not sure why the thread was bumped just to continue to assassinate his character w/o any proof.

I do concur with the others in that I'm glad you make this a safe place for all of us. Thanks!
I wouldn't have revived the thread but it's a very open board so anyone can do that with old threads. I also don't know of Joey actually ripping anyone off. I didn't ever say that.

And lastly thanks for the kind words on efforts to keep this place as safe as possible. It's still caveat emptor and I do want to know of any crap that goes on on the BST.....fortunately I don't have to get involved even a few times a year. I stay away as much as possible. If anyone ever doesn't want to give a reference I would like to know, or if anyone needs to ask anything about someone, I am always here to try to help. best regards
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

While I am glad that Joey (and a few other folks) are not on these boards any more, I do agree with what David is saying.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 AM

[QUOTE=vintagetoppsguy;989781]Dan,

****************** QUOTE]

David, Joey bought something from me with no intention of paying the correct price. He made up a bogus story and asked for a discount to not return the card. Is that scamming? Maybe, maybe not. It may just be a strange way to negotiate by holding the item over the seller.

You are correct, he didn't scam me but that is because I wasn't stupid or desperate.

Dan
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

What about the fake Jordan? A few years ago I heard of a guy selling DVDs through other legitimate IDs. He put out an ad requesting people list items on ebay and when the buyers did not receive the items, the innocent seller became the bad guy.

Sure, he started getting his feet wet, but progression seemed to be predictable. He lost money on many items in a short time of flipping and can possibly rationalize his behavior (to himself). But just guessing, seems like a fine fellow who is receiving random criticism from multiple people who have dealt with him in the context of my best guess. Context is very important, as is the core of this board, including Sheriff Leon and his deputies.

Not a guess: Leon and Dan have been around, been there done that.

Last edited by Clutch-Hitter; 05-04-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch-Hitter View Post
What about the fake Jordan?
What fake Jordan? The Jordan on the left is supposedly the real Jordan and the one on the right is supposedly the fake. Do you know how to tell the difference between a real and a fake? I do. I'm not sure why you're calling it a fake. Newsflash: It is real! If you can't look and tell the difference, how can you call it a fake?

I think the situation was a bit fishy, but I'm not quite sure it was a scam. Think about it for a minute. Why would a scammer mail out a real Jordan RC worth hundreds of dollars (even raw)? Why not a counterfeit one? Or even an empty slab? It makes no sense.

Did it ever occur to the lynch mob mentality that the two cards above are the same card and it was re-holdered at some point and that's why the flip looks different? I know, that's too logical and it's much easier and makes for much more drama to call it a fake and a scam. People that dfon't know how to spot a fake, shouldn't refer to the card as a fake. If you're not sure how to tell the difference, please ask and I'll be more than happy to tell you.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Steven

Quote:
Did it ever occur to the lynch mob mentality that the two cards above are the same card and it was re-holdered at some point and that's why the flip looks different?
I truly have no idea as I simply break slabs open, but if/when PSA/TPG's reholder a card, not crossover a card, do they give it the same serial # or a new one?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Hey Davd,

I don't collect basketball cards and would not know the difference or care to know the difference. Thank you though. The original topic involving the card is what I was going by. I was ripped off recently, which may explain my lack of tollerance. When it comes to criminal activity, in general, of which there are no consequences and a great deal of it, I may jump to conclusions based on multiple accounts. Yes, it's all shady, and I hope the guy gets/got his act together. But clearly there WAS a problem. Your opinion is respected and was well presented.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Serial number should stay the same I believe. Know nothing about bar codes, supposed to look the same?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

And which is the original holder? The good scan has what appears to be the more current font, while the one in the bad picture seems to have older font and spacing. These are questions about the holders, nothing more.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Jordan

You might be able to spot a fake card but obviously you can't spot a fake psa flip. The card in hand has a fake psa flip. The bar code is wrong and font on the flip is wrong. Current Scam is to take a nice looking card in a cracked slab or reproduced slab with a fake flip to appear as a much nicer card.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

The card in the good scan appears to have some spots around the border that aren't on the card in the picture. Referring to spots on the card in the scan that aren't on the card in the picture and nothing more.

Last edited by Clutch-Hitter; 05-04-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

He's back on the psa board joeyf777.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

Back as banderson