NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-21-2024, 04:29 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topps206 View Post
I went to Night of Memories in Evansville, and boy, did I feast.

I'm going to go with solo covers over covers with multiple people on it when push comes to shove, but no solo cover guests actually appeared at this event.

Don Mattingly is $130 everywhere else, was $65 for this. Tony Perez I think was priced at $79 not too long ago somewhere else, he was $50 at this event.

Now, I just need to get Darryl Strawberry, but I'm not paying $80 for him. I saw him doing an appearance in Nashville a couple of years ago for $50. That I could be more okay with. I'm loving that Mattingly autograph, my first one of his.
I have always liked both covers. Can't get Hendricks so the WS issue is a non starter for me. Great price on Mattingly. $80 seems high for Strawberry.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I have always liked both covers. Can't get Hendricks so the WS issue is a non starter for me. Great price on Mattingly. $80 seems high for Strawberry.
I know you and I are different, but as long as there's at least one signature, I consider it as part of the collection.

No kidding, but I've seen Strawberry's prices at $80 a lot recently. He used to be much cheaper, wonder if inflation has played a part in that.
Old 01-22-2024, 12:42 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topps206 View Post
I know you and I are different, but as long as there's at least one signature, I consider it as part of the collection.

No kidding, but I've seen Strawberry's prices at $80 a lot recently. He used to be much cheaper, wonder if inflation has played a part in that.
The price will vary by promoter and the location of the show. On the east coast Mattingly will cost $130-$150 all day long. Strawberry needs to wake up. He at best is a $35-$50 any item guest.
Old 01-22-2024, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
The price will vary by promoter and the location of the show. On the east coast Mattingly will cost $130-$150 all day long. Strawberry needs to wake up. He at best is a $35-$50 any item guest.
Is he the one setting the prices, though?
Old 01-27-2024, 05:17 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Picked up a couple today at a local card show where McLain and Means were signing. Both seemed like nice guys - I chatted with Means about his coaching the RBs at UNC and McLain just kept on signing his cover without me asking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2034.jpg (211.7 KB, 116 views)
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 01-27-2024, 06:35 PM

Great covers. Nice work.

I saw Means was appearing, would love to get him someday if he’s ever by me.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:28 AM

I've been tired and busy, so now I've got a chance to share my pickups from graphing NBA Crossover on Sunday.

You had to download the NBA Events App, and they'd give the schedule of who was appearing each day. I saw Dominique Wilkins was appearing Sunday and knew I had to go, having randomly bought his SI from eBay last year in anticipation of one day getting it signed. Little did I know it was going to be this past weekend at Crossover in Indy.

Then I saw Bill Walton was appearing on Friday and was bummed out, but what do you know? I saw on Friday he got added for all three days. So, I scurried over to my nearby card shop, where a bunch of SIs are available for sale, and I picked one of his covers up for $5.00.

The only thing it cost me was $35 for an adult admission ticket, with autographs being absolutely free.

If I had my choice of Walton covers to get signed, I can't say it'd be my first choice, but it certainly does the job and I like it a lot to get it signed for free by a legend.

Wilkins, I was very happy to finally add his cover.

I had a blast shooting hoops at different stations, got my picture taken with the Larry O'Brien Trophy (and I'm fortunate to have had my photo taken with all four trophies from the four major North American sports leagues in my lifetime), took a picture of myself inside the Hoosier bus next to a cardboard cutout of Gene Hackman and also with life sized bobbleheads of Tamika Catchings and Reggie Miller.

It was a blast, way more fun than I would've had just paying for these at a show. I'd reckon I saved a good $90-$100 on Sunday by going.

I'm not sure what could top an experience like that as a collector and fan - maybe if Michael Jordan knocked on my door, gave me all 50 of his SI covers and signed them all for free right before my very eyes, something that wouldn't happen in a million years. But it would take a lot to beat the experience I had Sunday. I'm not sure I'll ever cease to smile thinking about that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8441.jpg (36.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8462.jpg (69.8 KB, 82 views)