NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-31-2015, 03:39 PM

Default Mantle "Clubhouse" autographed ball question

I recently saw an auction for a Mantle signed ball that was deemed to be a clubhouse signature by PSA. I was shocked to see that this ball went for $230. Was this an anomaly or do these balls actually have value? It's basically a fake Mantle auto so I was very surprised that the bids went that high.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
I recently saw an auction for a Mantle signed ball that was deemed to be a clubhouse signature by PSA. I was shocked to see that this ball went for $230. Was this an anomaly or do these balls actually have value? It's basically a fake Mantle auto so I was very surprised that the bids went that high.
Well you said its a team ball. So it's still signed by all the other members of the team or at least most of them. A team ball will still have value without mantle.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:09 PM
N@te

Also too-- a clubhouse sig and a fake sig are completely different, to me anyways

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 10-31-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Well you said its a team ball. So it's still signed by all the other members of the team or at least most of them. A team ball will still have value without mantle.
I didn't say it was a team ball.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
Also too-- a clubhouse sig and a fake sig are completely different, to me anyways

How so? Neither were signed by Mantle. Unless you look at it and determine that PSA made a mistake, which is entirely possible.

Last edited by timfsu2k; 10-31-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Brock

Quote:
I didn't say it was a team ball.
My fault, I thought it said team ball.

Never heard of a single signed clubhouse ball. Do you have a picture?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:10 PM
N@te

Oh, I thought it was a team signed ball as well. Then yeah, it's probably not a clubhouse sig? Just flat out forged?

Last edited by UnVme7; 10-31-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
You cannnot post a thread like this without a photo or a link to the auction.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:24 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

The term "clubhouse signature" usually connotes visionsnof a team signed ball. Generally speaking, a single signed ball with a signature that is not done by the signor is simply referred to as a fake. I suppose some vintage single signed Ruth balls have been called "clubhouse" versions by major auction houses to lessen the blow of reality. They make a vintage fake sound slightly more appealing that way.

But a fake is a fake.

Because you called.it a clubhouse signature, most of us assumed it to be team signed.

Tom C
Old 11-01-2015, 07:40 AM
N@te

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
The term "clubhouse signature" usually connotes visionsnof a team signed ball. Generally speaking, a single signed ball with a signature that is not done by the signor is simply referred to as a fake. I suppose some vintage single signed Ruth balls have been called "clubhouse" versions by major auction houses to lessen the blow of reality. They make a vintage fake sound slightly more appealing that way.

But a fake is a fake.

Because you called.it a clubhouse signature, most of us assumed it to be team signed.

Tom C
No doubt, a fake is a fake. But a clubhouse sig is different than a forged auto. But yes, let's see a link to the auction.

Last edited by UnVme7; 11-01-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I made a mistake when reading the description on the auction. The Mantle was deemed authentic and the three other signatures (Frank Robinson, Ted Williams, and Yaz) were deemed "clubhouse" autos.

Auction was on Facebook so I don't know how to link it here.

Last edited by timfsu2k; 11-01-2015 at 04:52 PM.