NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Dan Bretta

Default Ebay Can Bite Me

A few weeks ago I listed an Eddie Collins photo for auction and the winner was a woman in Onset, MA named Emily Egan...the auction clearly states she has 5 days to pay once the auction is complete. After 10 days I contact her and ask if she is going to pay for it...I hear nothing. So the next day I turn it over to ebay's resolution center and 5 days have no gone by with no action on her part. However she has been buying up lots of hockey cards and paying for them with no problem...I guess she just doesn't want to pay me?? Looking at her feedback it's all hockey cards so I haven't a clue why she bid on my photo.

The hilarious part is ebay's NEW and IMPROVED resolution for non-paying bidders which states that they are softening the language and will no longer use the term "unpaid item strike".

For those who would like to block her, her ebay id is : Emilysmel

Tell me again why I'm not allowed to leave this person negative feedback?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_975
Old 02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Would it help if several of us send her an email asking if she'd sell it to us for $200?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default because

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
A few weeks ago I listed an Eddie Collins photo for auction and the winner was a woman in Onset, MA named Emily Egan...the auction clearly states she has 5 days to pay once the auction is complete. After 10 days I contact her and ask if she is going to pay for it...I hear nothing. So the next day I turn it over to ebay's resolution center and 5 days have no gone by with no action on her part. However she has been buying up lots of hockey cards and paying for them with no problem...I guess she just doesn't want to pay me?? Looking at her feedback it's all hockey cards so I haven't a clue why she bid on my photo.

The hilarious part is ebay's NEW and IMPROVED resolution for non-paying bidders which states that they are softening the language and will no longer use the term "unpaid item strike".

For those who would like to block her, her ebay id is : Emilysmel

Tell me again why I'm not allowed to leave this person negative feedback?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_975
You can't leave a negative because ebay says only buyers can do that. All you need to do is go buy one of her sales (if she ever lists anything)....pay for it...then neg her.

I have a similar issue right now. I bought a fuzzy scanned Fro Joy card...from a guy with several hundred, perfect feedback. He said it was original, so that with the fuzzy scan, and the fact he had hundreds of perfect feedback, led me to bid. I got it and it was fake. I emailed the seller twice....had no email back so filed a claim with ebay. They said the seller turned it over to them for resolution. That was around a week ago. Nothing yet....regardless of the resolution I am leaning towards giving a negative...which I never do. (two times in over 10 yrs, and those were for outright theft).....ebay really needs to improve on the fraud issues....and their resolution of them.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Dave

What term do they use now and why do the words "unpaid item strike" need to be softened?

It's not like any of this is made public to us. A buyer could have 1000 unpaid items strikes and nobody would know any different, apart from the buyer, as far as I can tell.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
Would it help if several of us send her an email asking if she'd sell it to us for $200?
Heh.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 PM

-

Last edited by Vintagedegu; 08-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
What term do they use now and why do the words "unpaid item strike" need to be softened?

It's not like any of this is made public to us. A buyer could have 1000 unpaid items strikes and nobody would know any different, apart from the buyer, as far as I can tell.
Straight from ebay's resolution center:

What's changing?
The process is faster: We're drastically reducing the maximum time it takes to resolve a case to approximately 30 days (it used to take up to 60). In addition, there are fewer forms to fill out, and no more mandatory back and forth between you buyer and seller - sellers determine whether and how much to communicate with buyers directly and communication should take place in My Messages only.
Communications are more neutral in tone: Emails about the dispute will come from eBay rather than from buyers and sellers. Also, unpaid item-related language is being softened throughout the site (the term "unpaid item strike" will no longer be used in communications, for example, even though unpaid items will still have the same negative impact on buyers' accounts).
We're introducing automation: Unpaid Item Assistant lets eBay open and close cases for sellers automatically. Unpaid Item Assistant will be rolled out to sellers gradually to make sure the new process is working properly. The rollout will begin at the end of September 2009 and we are planning to make it available to all sellers by the holiday season, so you may not see the new automated process until later in the fall.
We're updating timelines: You can open an unpaid item case in the Resolutions Center 4 to 32 days after the sale if you don't receive payment from your buyer.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Dave

Thanks.

I'll trade their softening of the language if they agree not to double my final value fees in a month or so.

................oh, I forgot. I don't have a choice in the matter either way.

We should all be rooting for Leon and Matt's site right now.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
Awesome idea! Have you heard of that actually being done?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
FredYoung

Dan---

Your underbidder is $100---Offer it to him!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
Dan---

Your underbidder is $100---Offer it to him!
I probably will. Or I may just keep it and consider it a message from the ghost of Eddie Collins.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
That's retarded.

Palin can go **** a moose if she doesn't like it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
James Gallo

Dan,

Wait a sec, what is the issue here exactly?

Ebay removed the seller being able to leave feedback ages ago, it's total BS and if I could I would leave several negs a month for people that act just like your buyer did. Hell I have had people buy something, then tell me right away then didn't want it and I end up getting a neg.

The new dispute system is better for sellers to a point, all you have to do is file it and wait 4 days, then you close it and you get your fees back. The buyer will get an unpaid item strike, if they get a lot of them 3-5 in a short period they get suspended or banned from ebay. That is about the only way to get rid of a buyer at this point.

I can understand you being pissed but this isn't anything new and I deal with it often.

Leon,

You may have to get someone to prove it is fake, but you should just file a dispute with paypal and go throw the motions. It's a bitch but that is the way it is.

Ironically I shipped something to England on Dec 3, it was stuck in customs for 3 weeks and then the buyer never tried to track the package down even after I gave them tracking. Long story short the idiot never got the package but changed the dispute from not received to not as described, they never provided tracking as it just got bounced back to me and paypal gave me my money back, so it worked out ok.

At this point as a seller I just take stuff back when and if I have problems, as a buyer I make sure I am happy and if I am not I do what needs to be done. I don't like screwing peoples DSR's but at this point the seller has to take care of problems, otherwise there dog meat.

The thing that pisses me off most is the new fees and the sellers with thousands of negs that are still selling cause they have tens of thousands of positives.

Rant over. Plain English is EBAY SUCKS and I want grandslambids now !!

James G

Last edited by JamesGallo; 02-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGallo View Post
Dan,

Wait a sec, what is the issue here exactly?

Ebay removed the seller being able to leave feedback ages ago, it's total BS and if I could I would leave several negs a month for people that act just like you do.
Ummmm....???
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Jeff

I've personally noticed a trend lately with selling on ebay. For most of the 2 years I've been using it everything has been going smoothly. But, in the last month I've noticed a change. I'm having a huge increase in buyers saying they have not received there card. I keep my shipping low ($3.99 from Canada to the U.S., $2.99 within Canada) but this does not provide any insurance/tracking on the card. I offer express post at $13.99, but nobody chooses that option. Buyers expect the security of an express post shipment, but don't want to pay for it. Also, sellers always ask me for a tracking # when they pay for standard delivery (Irritates the **** out of me!) If I only offered $13.99 express post shipping, nobody would bid on my cards. Ebay offers NOOOOO protection for sellers. Without sellers, ebay would not exist. This needs to change!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM
James Gallo

Dan,

Sorry it meant to say the person that screwed you, will fix that .

There are pleanty of people that buy stuff and just don't pay for no reason.

I personaly get killed by the 0 feedback buyers all the time.

James G
Old 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Jeff

In my experience, 0 feedback bidders have always paid quickly. I've had problems with the 4000+ feedback buyers though. Strange?

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGallo View Post
Dan,

Sorry it meant to say the person that screwed you, will fix that .

There are pleanty of people that buy stuff and just don't pay for no reason.

I personaly get killed by the 0 feedback buyers all the time.

James G
Ha! I figured that's what you meant....at least I was hoping that's what you meant to say.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
In my experience, 0 feedback bidders have always paid quickly. I've had problems with the 4000+ feedback buyers though. Strange?
I don't sell often enough to notice any trends, but since the advent of paypal I've found that when I list a batch of stuff on ebay that almost always everything gets paid for within 24 hours. This last go round I had 66 auctions and was paid within two days for every single one except for the one noted above.

Tags
emily egan is a deadbeat