NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Pup6913

Default OT The season of Thanks is upon us

I wanted to start a thread to see what we are all thankful for this past yr since the season of Thanks and Giving are upon us.

I want to first off say I am thankful for my kids. Melody has made great progress in school and continues to score at the top of her class in all subjects. Her interest in her T206 cards is growing also. She seems to have an eye for those big boys like Cobb, Joss, the others, and her infatuation with that Plank (may be a graduation gift at my rate now it will take that long to save for it)

My baby Kadence is doing great. The diet, meds, and treatment are all going great. She is in great spirit and even in the roughest of times she always has a smile. The doctors have said she is responding to treatment better than expected and have continually upped her doses of Chemo and other meds because of this. It has also helped her in the down times bounce back a lot faster than normal.

I am thankful to all the members of my Net 54 family. For all the kind words, prayer, and the donations that has made this hardship less stressful. I am forever thankful and grateful for everything I have learned from here, great friends I have made, and the family like atmosphere we have.

This is what I am most thankful for. Lets hear what you have to be thankful for this season.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:36 AM

God bless you and yours andrew:d
Old 11-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Barry Sloate

Andrew- you do indeed have a lot to be thankful for. I wish you and Kadence and the rest of your family a good year ahead. And to everyone else, of course a happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 AM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

Default Happy thanksgiving!

This year I'm thankful I still have my job. At my age and with this economy I wouldn't want to be out there looking for another one!

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Happy Turkey Day

Happy Turkey Day everyone. Thanks to all of our members for making this a nice community.

Andrew- I hope Kadence keeps doing well. Our prayers are with you and her on that.

Stay safe everyone
warmest regards,
Old 11-24-2011, 06:44 AM

Default Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!
Even in tough times each day, we all have so much to be thankful for!

Andrew, I'm thankful to hear that Kadence's treatments and progress are going well! Keep the Fatih!

I am thankful for our Lord, my life and health, my family and all of their good health, my income and home, and even for this board which allows me a few minutes each day to unwind and relax from the real world.

Take Care and I hope you get to spend some quality time with a loved one(s) today!
Tim Kindler

Last edited by Tim Kindler; 11-24-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Old 11-24-2011, 07:48 AM

Here here...
Thanks for starting this thread Andrew, and best of luck to you and your family. I hope your daughter continues to recover well from what ails her.
I just want to chime in with a thank you to this board - to its many members for sharing their knowledge, collections, and insights. And of choose a big thank you to Leon for his tireless efforts at supporting, organizing and moderating what goes on here.
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
--S
Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

I am thankful for this forum and all of it's members. I've learned a great deal in just the short time I've been a member.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Fred

I'd like to echo Kevin's sentiments - I'm thankful I have a job. As this relates to this thread/forum I'm thankful I can pick up vintage material.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

BAD Parrot

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly, "May I ask what the turkey did?"
Old 11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Pete Sycks

I'm thankful for my faith, family and friends. It's also nice to gain a bunch of knowledge from everyone on here. Thanks again and have a great Turkey day everyone.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Barry Sloate

Good one Fred.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Ben H*ds@n

Nice thread. S

I want to wish everyone here a Happy and safe Thanksgiving. We all have plenty to be thankful for.