NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Default Very Minor B/S/T Request

Posted By: David Vargha

I realize this isn't a big deal, but when cards are sold, if you could mark it as "sold" while leaving the price up it would be a great reference for those of us who might be tracking prices for various sets/cards. This isn't a complaint, but merely a request for those kind enough to do it in the future.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 03-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

i would like to add that people should not be constantly bumping their threads every five days. it is very inconsiderate to other board members who posts their want lists.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Obviously we will never make everyone happy no matter what we do there. Some folks want me to clean up the threads and delete sold items, others want to leave them there to track prices....while others don't like the frequent "bumps". I am not opposed to change but only if it's going to make things better. As it is, right now, I don't mind "a" bump to a post. I also have left sold items for a day or two so folks can see they are sold. There is no "absolute" rule about these things and I don't want there to be.....while we are here are there any other thoughts for the BST, short of restructuring it? I do think the ebay category is a plus....best regards

btw, I don't mean to sound like I am having my time of the month....I am just expressing my opinion and soliciting others....I never have an issue with anyone voicing an opinion although sometimes you can't remain anonymous and do that.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

my only thought on bumps is that they shouldn't occur unless you are offering something, is still available and it gets moved to the second page. If you are on the front page, there really isn't a need to bump an item.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I agree with David Vargha that it's frustrating when the price a card sold for is deleted. Maybe the seller should leave it up as long as he is still selling other cards from his group, until they are all sold and the post is finished. The selling price is useful information but it need not stay up forever.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...a card sold on the B/S/T does not mean that it sold at the listed price. In fact, it often will sell for a price lower than the listed price. So, leaving the price up only tells you the price-ceiling for the card, unless people are willing to put what the item eventually sold for next to the card.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

That's a good point, and why would a seller make that change after the card was sold. There is no motivation for it. Maybe my original idea wasn't so hot after all.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

some buyers may not want the listed price still on the post. Personally, I don't care if I'm the buyer, and I do think it is useful to see the price on a card that is sold, but I can understand buyers not wanting the thread to still hang around too.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: darren

Share the knowledge.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach Rice

My only bother is when people ask me to email them about an item to give them a larger scan or better description then they don't like what they see and just don't email back. I guess that isn't a B/S/T concern really, just a little rant. It just gets old replying to people who say email me this scan or this description so you do and they don't have the common courtesy to write back.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

zach, gotta disagree. It would be polite, but then you end up with a Chip and Dale episode with each of going, Thank You, no Thank You, no really Thank You.....

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

Why do you think there would be all that many emails? The guy who asks for the bigger scan or better description emails and says "Thanks, but I'll pass"...and that's the end of it. To not get that email makes the seller think the guy is still thinking about it.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

Agreed . . . How hard is it to let the seller know that you are no longer an interested buyer? If he took the time to send a scan, that seems like a simple enough courtesy.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

for non-baseball cards? The everything else category gets too junked up with miscellaneous stuff

Old 03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Agreed with above. Clutter-city.

DESRET STORM CARDS FOR SALE 15.00 DOLLARS

Desret?

DJ

Old 03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Can still go in the threads with them....IF I had N28's or N29's that weren't baseball I would put them in the 19th Century section. I doubt I want to make another category at this point.....

Old 03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Leon,

Does the B/S/T have to be pre-war related or can a person unload their Nascar cards from 1982 or their Garbage Pail kid cards? Does it have to have some "age" to them?

DJ

Old 03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Judgement call....if you, or another valued board member, posted something in the misc. column I probably wouldn't say anything.....in general I don't want to see a flea market there though.....so let's use some moderation and all will be good. I have very few issues in those areas and prefer to be as hands off as possible....I do want to know about BS dealings as this ain't Ebay and I will boot folks for f'ing up too much...again, very few issues over there (knock on wood).....

Old 03-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I'll agree with Zach's statement above about requesting better communication from potential buyers. If I list something on BST and 2-3 people respond about it, I'll prioritize the individual that writes in first. So if I send that person a scan, better description, price, etc...and he doesn't respond, it makes things tougher because I might have others still interested in the card but have to hold them at bay since I don't know what the first individual's intentions are. I suppose there's always opportunities for better communication within our hobby though.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Now I see why zach wanted that respone. I don't sll cards often, but it makes sense. If you are responding to something on the BST, you need to take into account that others will also be interested and that prompt responses as to continued interest, etc are neccessary.

Jay