NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Default 1939 signed first day cover

Posted By: jeremy wagoner

Hello-
I have been reading the posts on this website for quite a while and am impressed with your collective knowledge. I understand that this question is not quite you fellows' cup of tea, but I have a 1939 first day cover signed by the eleven living members of the hall of fame at the time (ruth, cobb, young, wagner, sisler, alexander, lajoie, mack, speaker, johnson, & collins). I'm sure it's authentic & was curious if any of you had any idea of what it might be worth? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Assuming the envelope is in reasonable condition and the signatures are dark, clean and present well, it's worth lots of money. Almost every player you listed is scarce and expensive.

Old 06-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Administrator

A related item/auction result can be viewed at:

http://mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=29973

Old 06-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeremy wagoner

Thanks for the response. The envelope is in great shape, signatures are clear & nearly dark. When you say "lots of money" how much are you talking about? Thanks again.

Old 06-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Administrator

I'm not an appraiser and, in the end, it's worth what it sells for. If you are new to selling and are looking to sell it, I would recommend you contact a variety of reputable auctioners. This includes Mike Gutierrez (MGAuction.net) and Lelands (lelands.com), both of whom I'm sure would be happy to auction an authentic such item and who's auctions attract healthy bidding.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I have two actually - one signed by everyone you mentioned except Sisler - paid $3000 and change for it (can't remember exactly) I also have one signed by Ruth alone - Paid $700 for it. I have had both authenticated by PSA/DNA. I would advise you do the same - however I have to admit I'm not happy with PSA/DNA at all - if anyone wants to hear the story, email me. If you are looking to sell it - PSA/DNA has almost become a must...