NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default Huggins and Scott Auctions Apologizes to Dan McKee

Posted By: Josh Wulkan

For starters, I need to state that generally, I believe that what happens between a bidder and an auction house should remain private. However, in this particular case, we feel that a public apology, while not nearly enough to satisfy the situation, is deserved.

Unfortunately, the first two cards that we have ever lost during the course of our auction happened in our most recent October sale. Even more unfortunate was the fact that both cards were won by one of the kindest, most understanding gentleman in the hobby. Dan McKee has been a loyal customer of the House of Cards and Huggins and Scott Auctions since he was a young boy; and we value our relationship with him as much as anyone could. Dan's understanding and cooperation with this matter has been above and beyond how anyone should have reacted and I can only imagine that his disappointment is as much as ours is.

The circumstances surrounding this issue are still unclear, as lot #1212 and #1213 from our auction were won by Dan and when he came by our offices to pick up his winnings, those two cards were not able to be located. We do allow people to come view auction items and we attempt to keep track of every item that is taken off of the shelf and make sure that they are put back in their rightful spot. Our hopes is that these two lots happened to get mixed with other lots and have been accidentally shipped to another winning bidder. We also believe that all of our customers are honest people and if they were to get something that they didn't buy, they would be on the phone with us to let us know.

The two cards in question were both 1955 Esskay cards. One of Gene Woodling and one of Gus Triandos. I have attached images of the cards. If you happen to win any items from us, would you mind checking your shipment and making sure that these two cards didn't get mixed in with your winnings. We are continuing to tear the offices apart to find these two cards in hopes that they are still here, but thus far they have not turned up.

Again, we would like to issue a public apology to Dan and I can assure you that we will not let this happen again; but human error is part of our world and all we can do is apologize and take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Dan, your patience and understanding is incomparable and it is appreciated to the highest degree.

thank you,
Josh Wulkan
Huggins and Scott Auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com

Old 11-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

Josh,

First off, I agree Dan is one of the nicest people in this hobby. I have met few collectors face-to-face, but Dan is one of them, and he is a genuinely nice guy. Sounds like a crummy situation and it sounds like both parties are handing it as well as possible.

Second, it is commendable to post a public apology, although it is probably not necessary, other than to post the photos of the missing cards. That is crucial, especially if someone with sticky fingers does try to move the cards in the future.

Third, I want to commend you and your company on a truly wonderful auction. I feel like you guys do most things right in this business. Among which, but not limited to, are good auction software, closing lots one at a time, excellent customer service and complete scans. Also, you shipped my cards well before my check had time to clear and the cards were packaged professionally and carefully.

Good luck with this situation, I hope it has a positive resolution.

Rob

Old 11-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Is this the same Dan Mckee that had all of his Colonial Coins and Silver sets stolen in 1981?
Is this the same Dan Mckee that was robbed at the National in 1991?
Is this the same Dan Mckee that had a rare T206 Magie lost by PSA??
Say it ain't so!

To the kind people during the Magie incident that stated: "Is Mckee trying another heist like in Anaheim" and "There is no way PSA lost that card" and "NO ONE COULD HAVE THAT MUCH BAD LUCK!" well I say to you people: "FIDDLESTICKS TO YOU!"

I would like to state that this post is above and beyond the call of duty. Josh, Bill, and John are all respectible class acts in the hobby and truly good friends. I think good Josh may have been describing my father above when he stated all of those nice things, it couldn't have been me.

Guys, why couldn't those darn chicken lids I won for $230 that are worth about $23 be the problem! Anyway I am sure that whatever happened was a complete fluke and a very rare event. Hopefully they will show up!

Thanks to everyone who has stood by pop and me during each and every misfortune that we have endured. I still love this hobby, I love the cards and most of the people are great! I thoroughly enjoyed the last Reading show, I had a complete weekend of nice people to deal with. Thanks to all. Sincerely, /s/ Dan Mckee.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

dan,sorry to hear of the latest baseball cards that were "lost". hopefully,they will come-up.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Dan, best wishes. I'm rooting for you! Bad things shouldn't happen to good people. Sincerely, Paul

Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

Dan,

All that happened to you?

That is a lot of bad luck.

I think you should send your collection to me for safekeeping.

Hopefully the cards turn up.

Regards,
Joe

Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Dan old friend- As a guy who had UPS lose an entire set of E98s coming back from GAI, and a guy who had an E98 red Coombs lost by USPS and a guy who had GAI lose a T207 Cycle back Moriarty this year at the National, I feel your pain. Adam W. once told me he wouldn't stay in the same hotel as me at National because of all the bad luck I have had. Sounds like you are also a charter member of the club.
Hope the cards show up.
tbob

Old 11-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lyle

You are truly one of the gentlemen of this hobby . My discussions with you at the Reading show were captivating .

Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

As someone who, in the last couple of weeks, had a card from an ebay auction (m101-5 Larry Cheney) "lost" by the seller,
I really do empathize.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

My gut still gets queazy when I think about the 1991 National mess. I'm not sure if I would have recovered. I guess when you've been in the hobby as long as Dan you've seen it all.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lamb

Hey DAN I need to talk to you about those chicken lids. Please email me...Bob
basesareempty@comcast.net

Old 11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

Dan,
Sorry to hear about the bad news but you're handling it very,very well and deserve all the praise that you're receiving.
Top drawer response by Josh as well.

best,
barry

Old 11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish387

sorry to hear about this. You are a true gentleman. I have your first two rounds at Legends in PA.