NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Default Is SC Gaynor a member of this board?

Posted By: brueso

I've purchased an item or two from the Ebay seller SC Gaynor and I've been very satisfied with what I got. I was just wondering if that person is a member of this board, or if anyone knows that seller. The reason I ask is he seems to consistently have so many great items, I've been wondering if he was a long time collector who then just decided to start selling off pieces of his collection? Whenever I peruse what he's selling on Ebay, I ask myself "How long did it take one person to acquire all this material?!"

Old 08-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

A very large percentage, if not 100%, of the items that Scott sells are through consignments. I consigned a large portion of my collection (Topps & Bowman) through Scott a couple of years ago. He basically takes all of the work out of selling on Ebay (scanning, listing, collecting money, etc), and charges a consignment fee for the service, much like the major auction houses. The only difference is that Scott uses Ebay as his auction vehicle.

Old 08-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Sc Gaynor: Scott Gaynor Auctions

Scott accepts consignments and sells tons of vintage material on Ebay each month. And from time to time when he's not listing a million auctions contributes to the board. I have also had several good transactions with Scott in the past.
Be well Brian

Old 08-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

I regularly preach "buy from quality sellers" and I consider Scott to be a quality seller.

Old 08-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brueso

And I second everyone's approval of this seller. I've been very happy with everything I've gotten from him.

Old 08-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Scott frequents the board like some other folks....mostly when he has something of value to say, unlike me. I trust him implicitly and have spoken with him at length at 2 of the last 3 Nationals....he actually had a booth caddy corner to Scott B's at the recent National...I didn't see him there very much as he was probably out scooping up inventory/consignments. I also heard he has merged his company with another company but that is unsubstantiated by me. best regards

Old 08-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scgaynor

Thanks for the comments, I do lurk here from time to time, and contribute if I think I can help.

I didn't so much as merge with another company, I just took on a couple of partners as a financial backer to buy large deals. It has been a huge help in getting better quality material.

My business is about 60% consignments these days, so if you are tired of selling on your own, send me an e-mail, there is always room for more material on my page.

Scott

Old 08-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

and very patient when I'm a week or so late with payment. He's had some great items as of late too.........

Old 08-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Charlie

I've purchased and bought from Scott Gaynor in the past and have been very happy. A true professional from start to finish. I was also late in paying for an item won and he was more than patient...

Old 08-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I also have bought from Scott in the past and have always been satisfied.

I would bid more if you would take Paypal, Scott.

I enjoy a little debt on my credit card.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Plus........then I wouldn't be late.....EVER. No, really, it's quicker to transfer the funds. But....he'd eat 2-3% fees then.

Old 08-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: halleygator

I bought a ham sandwich once from Scott ...

and it was indeed delicious!!

It was just bread and meat ... NO "TRIMMING"s

He told me it would be a "very good" sandwich ... but I thought it was closer to excellent-fine (sort of in the PSA 6 range)

Old 08-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

I'm pretty sure it's not the fees Scott is worried about. If I remember correctly, Paypal screwed him pretty good.

It was just before they got taken over by ebay and anyone who used Paypal regularly at the time knows that the company started to look like a total scam.

I thought they were going to shut down any minute, take everyone's money and run. Things did seem to change when ebay stepped in, if you can believe that (ebay making something better???)

So I think the whole Paypal subject probably makes Scott's skin crawl and all the pleading in the world is likely not going to change his position.

But I don't want to put words in his mouth so Scott, I apologize if any of this is untrue. I'm not 100% positive. That's just how I rememeber it.

-Ryan

Old 08-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scgaynor

Thanks again for all of the positive comments.

I have considered going back to using Paypal, and may in the future.
The percentage is a hit since my margins are pretty thin, but it is
nice to get this stuff out of the door ASAP. The most appealing part
of going back to Paypal is that they have offered to give me an
account rep.

I was very unhappy with the way that Paypal handled things in the
past, they are probably better now that ebay has taken over, but I
have not been in a rush to give them any business.

I have this thing about doing business with people who have screwed
me......and Paypal (at least the old Paypal) picked my pocket pretty
good.

Scott

Old 08-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mckee

Scott is a class act! Don't read this Scott! I have done tons of business with him and never have I had a problem. He also employs friendly nice people. Paypal Stinks! Scott was burned as a seller, he used to have a link up of the facts. I have been burned as a buyer! I won an item, paid with paypal, the seller sent the wrong item, I returned it with tracking, the seller kept my $$$ and the item. Paypal said this wasn't fraud since the seller shipped at 1 time. They said it is only fraud if he never shipped. AMAZING!