NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default signed vintage baseball cards

Posted By: Jake Dahl

do they really increse in value if they were signed, both graded and ungraded

Old 10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

If you're talking about signed versus unsigned, the addition of the player's neat and nicely placed signature almost always raises the values. This applies to Goudey commons to modern stars. An example of a possible exception would be a Mint Pristine Perfect 1963 Topps Pete Rose rookie worth whatever thousands in its unsigned state, and where it might be safest to have Pete at a show sign your grade Very Good version instead.

Another example of an exception is if have a Gem Mint 10 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie, where I would strongly advise you not to have Jerry Koosman sign it in gold paint pen with personalization to your Uncle Gunnar.

But, despite my attempt at humor, the addition of the player's signature increases the card's value is the vast majority of cases, whether the player is Ty Cobb or Jaimie Moyer. With Moyer, of course, we might be talking about raising the value from 2 cents to 35 cents.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

For evidence, click here:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2008/791.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

I don't know what that card is worth unsigned, but that's about $4000 more than I would peg value at. Perhaps the PB is a rare back --of that I am unsure. Regardless, signed card collectors usually really aren't too concerned about that sort of thing anyhow, which really leaves me scratching my head over this one.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...on that one and didn't even come close. I didn't think I'd have a problem getting it, but there were several different bidders above $3,000.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Wow...14 edits and you have managed to confuse the hell out of me.

The golden rule is that if the card has value, an ink signature will take away from it (or render it neutral) and if it doesn't have value, the signature will add to it.

(Common) I.E Stan Musial. It won't necessarily help a rookie card's value, but it will turn that $1 card into a $15 card.

(Not Common, Not Rare) I.E Roger Maris. It will turn a $20 card into $400.

(Very Rare) I.E Babe Ruth. It will turn that $800 Goudey into $10,000 because it's unique and people want unique one of a kind items.

That's why the Crawford is such a find. The card itself is valued at about $100-150, but the fact that probably less than five of these exist in signed form (compared to index cards...sure, it's a $100-150 signature) makes it a true collectible on a highly collectible set.

If this was an E101 or M116, it would probably sell for 15-25% of the T206 signed price.

Hope this helps...

DJ

edit: grammar issue