NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Default Length of Glory of their Times, audio?

Greetings,

I just wanted to confirm, that the audio version of Glory of their Times by Ritter is just under 5 hours in length? I am assuming so, but just wanted to make sure that I am not missing a part of this treasure. I read on this forum that there are plans to release more at some point - I'd love that!

Thanks.

Eric
Old 01-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Hank Thomas

The audio set of 4 CD's runs almost exactly 5 hours. I co-produced and edited it, and have heard of no plans to release any more. As I've said in previous Net54 posts related to "Glory," I believe any release of much more material than is on the published set would prove a disappointment to all but the most dedicated and patient baseball fans compared to what you can hear now. Perhaps the Hall of Fame, which owns the rights to Ritter's original interview tapes, will someday make the entire 100+ hours available online, and you can judge for yourself. Fans of individual players, or their teams, would of course find those raw tapes at least worth listening to once, but in general the vast majority of the great material we (Neal McCabe and I) found on the tapes made it onto the set.
Hank Thomas
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Scott

I used to have the CASSETT set of this. its simply amazing. Once I can swing it, I shall get the CD's . Its so great.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM
J@RR0D

Hank, you did a great job. It's a joy to listen to, never drags, and is interesting all the way through. I've probably listened to it a dozen times.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Hank, you did a great job. It's a joy to listen to, never drags, and is interesting all the way through. I've probably listened to it a dozen times.
Thanks, Jarrod, much appreciated. I'm very proud of the job we did editing the material, but the real magic lies in the players personalities, their stories, and Larry's interviewing technique, which allowed them to rummage through time in their minds without interruption.
Hank
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 PM

Thanks for the info Hank. And, thank you for making this excellent product!

Eric
Old 01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericc22 View Post
Thanks for the info Hank. And, thank you for making this excellent product!

Eric
You're quite welcome, Eric. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Mikeknapp

I recently purchased it on iTunes and their version is a bit over 4 hours.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I recently purchased it on iTunes and their version is a bit over 4 hours.
I wonder what they took out, and why? I assume they licensed it from our publisher, Highbridge Audio. Do you get any kind of detailed times for each segment from iTunes? Or copyright info, etc? If so, please post.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Mikeknapp

It is actually 4:52:43. Sorry for the earlier misinformation. It is attributed to high bridge company 1998. I don't have my iPod here with me however I think the audio book loads in four sections. Then again based on my previous estimation of the playing time there is a great likelihood that I am mistaken
Old 02-01-2012, 12:35 PM

I have been meaning to pick up a copy for quite some time, and reading this thread has motivated me to finally do so!

I had one related comment -- I enjoy playing broadcasts of old ballgames in my office while I work, especially during the winter. However, other than paying gobs of money for single-game broadcasts, I haven't been able to find a lot of resources online for new material.

Obviously, I understand there are copyright issues and am not looking for illegal downloads. But does anyone know of any legitimate sites that have old baseball radio material?

The one source I've found, which is really nice but doesn't have too many longer clips, is this one: http://contursi.freeyellow.com/baseb...r/sounds2.html