NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone ever dealt with this guy:

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

http://stores.ebay.com/T206-HolyGrailCollector-Cards_Other_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I'm getting kind of sick of his keyword spaming... he does it all the time, if the card has white border or whatever he will always put not T206 in his titles. I don't think it's really inflating the prices, but what are others thoughts on this guy ... ever bought from him? Problems? Etc.... I still don't know how to satisfy my idealism with my desire for some of his cards.

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know

BlackSoxFan.com
email me

Old 09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Just keep filing a complaint with eBay. This a clear violation of eBay rules and they even list "not ...." as an unaccpetable title.

This guy was brought up in the chatroom last night. If enough people keep sending in violation notices, they will tell him stop. Whether he does or not is another story.

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

So I could list "E90-1 Plank, not T206, not Fan Craze, not Diamond Gum Pin," etc, and get quite a crowd?

Old 09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

nope, that would get your auction pulled and a possible temp NARU if you are not a powerseller. I think the specific example for this type of illegal listing is "woman's handbag not Gucci"

Jay

My place is full of valuable, worthless junk.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

I have started avoiding his auctions because of his blatant use of "not T206" and "not PSA" Ebay is apparently not doing a thing. I think he is someone who reads this board, maybe not a regular poster but a lurker. If so, I hope he gets the message.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: zach

actully I reported him a few days ago and ebay said they would look into it. I'm guessing he got a warning and the next time they will pull his auctions. Stuff like this really annoys me.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...I saw his e95 Devlin card a few weeks ago while doing a T206 search, and thought, wow, that's a nice card. So I put a bid in on two of his e95's. Didn't win either, but it got me interested in e95's, and now I have three.

Still, it is inappropriate spamming and ebay should respond accordingly.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

a couple of t206s from him awhile back at some decent prices, real t206s not the "not t206s"...service, shipping and packaging was above average....
pete-

my best pitch was the one that made it to the plate!

Old 09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

I've dealt with this seller and his service, product, etc. does seem to be very good (much better than a lot on eBay). He also has some really good cards as well. His "keyword spamming" is annoying, but I found some nice T212s because of the "not T206" listing...

Old 09-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

I refuse to deal with this person. My searches produce a minimal amount of frustration as I know what I want and I keep getting sidetracked. It's not a T206, I get it! It's also not a T205 or an n172 or 1988 Topps Matt Williams. I get it!

Yeah, but if you are going to induct seller's that are ANNOYING beyond belief, this used car salesman approach to collecting is a clear cut first ballot Hall Of Famer. He is "Ty Cobb".

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOF-1-1-VINTAGE-BASEBALL-TROPHY-COA-SIGNATURE-STATS-5K_W0QQitemZ5246205154QQcategoryZ27260QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ONE THING FOR SURE ---I GURANTEE IT FOREVER---I ESTIMATE THE VALUE AT $10,000 +.

I "GURANTEE" that this will sell for less than 1/10th of his estimate. I GURANTEE IT!

Must take nap after that.

DJ

Old 09-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

Just checked the original link. No more E cards titled "not T206" appear. Maybe Ebay finally did something.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Administrator

They all closed without a problem! Sucks!

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me

* I'm smart enough to know that there are a lot of people who know more than I do.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Arpasi

I purchased a Joss from him last year and his emails were polite. He shipped quickly and the card was as described. I would buy from him again.

Regards

Paul

Old 09-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Paul - I don't think anyone is questioning his quality of service (relative to customers who have purchased that is), but rather, that this tactic is a) illegal and b) annoying.

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

email me

* I'm smart enough to know that there are a lot of people who know more than I do.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scott ingold

The spamming really doesn't bother me as sometime's i see other things that interest me that maybe i wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Arpasi

Definitely annoying, but in a way I'm guilty of it to when I say "SGC40 PSA 3" in a listing. The card wasn't graded by psa but I include it to get hits. If thats annoying I would be willing to stop. Let me know what you think of that. Criticism is always helpful.

Paul

Old 09-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Paul,
Regardless of personal opinion, it is considered against the rules to do it. I do find it annoying, although i also know how to search ebay and get rid of extraneous information. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html

If your intention is to inform the buyer that your item is an sgc 40 which is equivalent to a PSA 3 ... then i would suggest you try something like this:

T206 WAGNER SGC 40 / VG / 3 NR

Like i said, this doesn't speak to one's personal opinions, it is simply about what is allowed and what is not allowed.

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

email me