NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Default re: Babe Ruth Headin Home cards -Potential Shill

Posted By: jeff1027

Just wanted to jump on board here and extend a great big FORK YOU to people like Rhett and Leon and all the others who harrassed me and my auction bidders via email telling me and them that my blue Babe Ruth Headin Home cards were fake.

In the process, I was called a thief, liar, and scumbag which emboldened me enough to seek out a secondary auction site free of douches like you guys who can't stop drinking the Hater-Ade. Glad you guys here liked that word, by the way.

Anyway, my cards have been authenticated and are up for auction at AmericanMemorabilia.com.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=33509

I guess a reputable auction house like this must be in on my "blatant forgery", right, guys? I must have paid them off to authenticate my fakes which I made on my color printer this morning.

You guys like to fancy yourselves as the be-all-end-all authority on such items but in reality, you are the ones who have been exposed as the frauds. If you knew so much, you'd know these were very rare and more scarce than the commonly known sepia-colored smaller cards.

So eat fat rod, all of you!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

They are still fakes in my opinion...Get them graded by a grading company and then I will apologize. Give them to a card centric auction house and see what happens....FAKE FAKE FAKE.......and if you don't take it easy you won't be posting here anymore. Be civil and dispute what we say and all is good...If they have a dot pattern on them, under magnification, which I think they do, then they are fake. I was going to post about these fakes today but forgot too....I am calling the auction house now...take care....If I am wrong I will be happy to come back and say I was....

Old 12-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff1027

So now you're suggesting that a reputable auction house is authenticating and selling fakes? Wow. You are stubborn. I'm sure if PSA graded them gem mint, you'd dispute that too for some half assed reason?

Yeah, I'm sure when they authenticated them, they neglected something so standard as using a loop to check for dot matrix marks. You're worse than George Bush. Can't admit a mistake. Tell them I said Hi when you call them.

When I get my money from selling these, maybe I'll buy you a clue for xmas.

And you weren't too civil when you suggested I was a thief so you deserve what you get now, loser.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

Slab them then talk!

1/2 the scam was using the same photos on auctions 2 months apart.

Authentic cards are 1.5" by 2.5"..... yours are much larger and blue

Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Blach

looks like fun

Old 12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim F

Fat rod and haterade. He must have been hungry when he was posting.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

I just spoke to Frank at this auction house. He seemed very nice. I told him what to look for. My guess is that within a few days these will no longer be being auctioned. I also showed Frank what real ones look like and how to tell....Enjoy your fakes when you get them back Jeffy...and again, if I am wrong....I will eat crow right here on the board.....take care

Old 12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Administrator

I never said you were a thief. I have a feeling you really think these are real...but we'll see. If Frank sends them to PSA, SGC, GAI, or Beckett and they get graded....I will pay for the grading and give you $100.00.....and now the auction house you sent them too...that doesn't do cards too much is on the trail...again, if real.....I am eating crow....if not...you eat the crow...

Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Is he stating that because there now for sale on this site that their authentic? Try psa or sgc pal, what you posted means nothing to no one. Ebay has more impressive listings then this site does any day of the week too.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Jacobs

If the auction house used a loop "so standard" to check the cards, no telling what they did or found. Most people would use a loupe

Old 12-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

Why not send them to a grading service or more widely known auction house?

Old 12-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

The funny thing is that by being such a pompus loser and coming on here and posting this, he probably killed his shot at selling these for high dollar. If he had kept his mouth shut, they might have gone under the radar to a buyer who did not know any better. Since he brought attention to the auction and it resulted in Leon's phone call etc, there is no doubt they will be pulled and he will have nothing but his angry attitude and fake cards.

His hate filled response by him toward this board shows whose really been downing the "Hater-Ade".

Old 12-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Administrator

On the way home just now I spoke to the owner of the auction house, Victor. He happens to know Dave Forman and SGC pretty well. He is going to overnight the cards to SGC on Monday. I don't think they will slab them but if they say they feel they are authentic then I will send Jeff $100. I was told these were sent to PSA but they would not slab them, due to size, and they didn't know enough about them. The last part of that statement is fair. I was also told these are on thinner stock and about the size of regular cards. Frank, from the auction house, said he thought they were lobby cards but honestly wasn't a card person. I think most lobby cards are bigger than regular baseball cards. Bottom line is we should know next week. I have been wrong before but don't think I am on these. We'll see....

edited to add the auction house has just seen this board and my website to compare them to, also..

edited to add one more thing....Frank said he put one of these under a 30x and didn't see a dot pattern.....so well see...they look fake from everything I have seen, from a scan, but I've been wrong before...

Old 12-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

but you can't see 'asswipe' on a message forum often enough. I salute you Leon......

Old 12-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Jeff, I would like to see any proof you have of me emailing anybody in regard to your auction (as I have never interfered with any auction). Also, please explain the use of the same pictures in 2 auctions with over 30 days between them. Also, while you are at it, explain how the bidder that shilled the price up has only 10 feedbacks in over 6 years and you happen to be one of them, oh yeah, and that is the only item he has bid on in the last 30 days. You are as transparent as a piece of glass. Nice try though!
-Rhett

Old 12-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Why didn't American Memorabilia send them out immediately to be authenticated? That's the first thing any respected auction house would do, especially with a difficult issue such as these. Why chance it, and why leave money on the table by selling them raw? Doesn't look kosher to me, not to mention the preposterous manner in which Jeff cursed out the board. No, we are not all scumbags, we're just a group of collectors and dealers who insist that only genuine material be offered for sale. Here's a story with an unhappy ending.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Smith

My question is, if these cards are so rare, then how did Jeff have TWO SETS? Also, why did they look the same? Seems to me having three cards would be hard enough but to have two pair of the same three cards.....

Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Administrator

I just now received a call from American Memorabilia Auctions. Yesterday they over-nighted these cards, which are listed as a full page on their current back cover, of their auction catalogue, to SGC. SGC has deemed them counterfeit...

edited for grammar...although I am still not too good at it...

Old 12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Another one bites the dust. What a shocker. Thanks for that update Modman...

Reckon there will be an apology from jeff1027?.. Naw, he's just a child.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

The links posted in the first post still work, are they not going to remove these "cards" from the auction?

Old 12-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

They will be removed.....according to the auction house...

Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Does Jeff1027 owe this board an apology for carrying on the way he did, quite rudely if I may add?

Old 12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim F

In the spirit of the holidays, maybe we can send him a nice fresh serving of Fat Rod and Hater-Ade !!! Jim.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Smith

So, those cards are fake?? I guess that makes the cards he sold on eBay a month earlier fakes also. Which means whoever bought the first cards could have Jeff arrested for fraud....

My Holiday advice for Jeff, don't drop the soap.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Administrator

The first time these fakes were being auctioned by this guy I did email at least one of the bidders on ebay, ARIEV, as I know of him a little bit and felt like trying to look out for one of our own. I know he is a Ruth collector. I don't think they met reserve the first time (not positive though). About 2-3 weeks ago when these were on ebay (I guess one of the fake sets, not sure how many this person printed) this same ebayer ARIEV won them for around $1800. I didn't try to intervene this time.....You can only lead a horse to the water.....and this is not meant to be mean towards the buyer...though the seller should get his just dues....

Old 12-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

"Tacobeer" won the first batch for $2,026 on Oct. 13. He is a guy who collects anything Ruth especially the new chopped up bat/uniform card garbage. He also likes video games. Im sure he has no clue what a Headin' Home card should look like let alone what a M101-5 or R319 is.

Both buyer and seller left feedback so I guess deal went through.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260039393022

Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Administrator

the other one...guess these weren't so rare after all..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260057793783