NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2018, 08:20 PM
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 18
Default Shoeless Joe Jackson

Hello everyone

I tried looking on eBay and auction sites, PSA and google search but with over 40 cards of Joe Jackson I cannot find anything that ranks them in rarity and value

3 questions

1. How rare is the 1917 Boston Store Joe Jackson and what are they worth ie Grade 3, 5, 7
2. What are the Top 10 Joe Jackson Cards by value to collect
3 are his original photo’s any value
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Joshwesley's Avatar
Joshwesley Joshwesley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 402
Default

Top 10 imo

1. T-217 (or whatever it’s called) the one with him Wearing the pea coat.

2. Has to be the Cracker Jack, right?

3. One of the M-101’s with a rare back

4. The strip card in my avatar ?

5. The poker cards with JJ on them?

Any JJ type 1 photo has significant value.
Individual or with his team.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2018, 11:37 PM
pokerplyr80's Avatar
pokerplyr80 pokerplyr80 is offline
je.sse @rnot
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: California
Posts: 2,874
Default

T210 is #1 and the e90-1 is also up there, probably just ahead of the cj.
__________________
Successful transactions with peter spaeth, don's cards, vwtdi, wolf441, 111gecko, Clydewally, Jim, SPMIDD, MattyC, jmb, botn, E107collector, begsu1013, and a few others.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/pokerplyr80
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-27-2018, 12:25 AM
aloondilana aloondilana is offline
Jo.hn Per.ez
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 100
Default Boston Store

There are a total of 11 of them in PSA and SGC POP Reports.
Take into consideration a cross here and there.
There may be less than 10 in the world.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-27-2018, 12:59 AM
Vintageclout Vintageclout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 320
Default Joe Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Hello everyone

I tried looking on eBay and auction sites, PSA and google search but with over 40 cards of Joe Jackson I cannot find anything that ranks them in rarity and value

3 questions

1. How rare is the 1917 Boston Store Joe Jackson and what are they worth ie Grade 3, 5, 7
2. What are the Top 10 Joe Jackson Cards by value to collect
3 are his original photo’s any value
Assuming the same grade, here are Jackson’s Top 10 Cards by value. Note that the Texas Tommy issues are near impossible to find with only a few known to exist. The 1916 M101-4/M101-5 issues include some very scarce ad backs that might realize significant pricing premiums vs. the standard M101-4/M101-5 subjects. I have excluded the extremely rare 1917-‘20 M101-6 Felix Mendelsohn Jackson from the list for which I have only seen a single example.

1. 1910 T210 Old Mill
2. 1914 Boston Garter
3. 1914 Texas Tommy (Type 1 & 2) Extremely Rare
4. 1909 E90-1 American Caramel Rookie
5. 1914 Cracker Jack
6. 1920 Holsum Bread (his last card)
7. 1917 Boston Store/Collins McCarthy
8. 1915 Cracker Jack
9. 1916 M101-4/M101-5 Issues (Various Ad Backs)
10. 1919 W514 Strip Card

Last edited by Vintageclout; 05-27-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-27-2018, 08:26 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,981
Default

Nice list. No T5 Pinkerton Joe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Assuming the same grade, here are Jackson’s Top 10 Cards by value. Note that the Texas Tommy issues are near impossible to find with only a few known to exist. The 1916 M101-4/M101-5 issues include some very scarce ad backs that might realize significant pricing premiums vs. the standard M101-4/M101-5 subjects. I have excluded the extremely rare 1917-‘20 M101-6 Felix Mendelsohn Jackson from the list for which I have only seen a single example.

1. 1910 T210 Old Mill
2. 1914 Boston Garter
3. 1914 Texas Tommy (Type 1 & 2) Extremely Rare
4. 1909 E90-1 American Caramel Rookie
5. 1914 Cracker Jack
6. 1920 Holsum Bread (his last card)
7. 1917 Boston Store/Collins McCarthy
8. 1915 Cracker Jack
9. 1916 M101-4/M101-5 Issues (Various Ad Backs)
10. 1919 W514 Strip Card
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:11 AM
Vintageclout Vintageclout is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 320
Default Joe Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Nice list. No T5 Pinkerton Joe?
Oops....You got me Leon! Forgot about the T5 (I knew I would inadvertently leave one big card off the list). Value wise, the T5 Jackson should probably be placed at #4, directly between the Texas Tommy and the E90-1 Rookie. This would push the 1919 W514 off the top 10 list. Thx Leon for the “heads up”!

Joe T.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:20 AM
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 18
Default Thanks

Thanks to all of you. This is very good info. I knew some of it but not all and the list and the order is helpful
I am have E90-01, a 1917 Boston store and 1916 M101-5 and trying to expand my collection. I also have an original photo from early in his career
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-27-2018, 10:02 AM
pawpawdiv9's Avatar
pawpawdiv9 pawpawdiv9 is offline
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Thanks to all of you. This is very good info. I knew some of it but not all and the list and the order is helpful
I am have E90-01, a 1917 Boston store and 1916 M101-5 and trying to expand my collection. I also have an original photo from early in his career
Pictures are welcomed
__________________
MY COLLECTION 1magicschoolbus.imgur.com
BUY: HoF RC's & pre-war
WANT: PSA '33 RUTH GOUDEY (2-3 range)
NEED: (low-end) PSA 49 Bowman Satchel Paige
Successful Transactions with: Bestdj77(Chris), 39special(Steve), BPencil, Arcadecrazy, BeatlesGuy, Cammb(Tony), Mantlefan2010(Jonathan), Stlcards(Dan), Sean C, nkesterke09(Nicholas), Darwinbulldog(Glenn) & Ebay users: phil8ball, begsu1013, kmas55, Peter Spaeth, bigfish, Greg Nazareth, PhillipAbbott79, DanB
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-27-2018, 10:16 AM
TUM301 TUM301 is offline
H Murphy
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: western Mass
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Pictures are welcomed
I`ll 2`nd that, let`s see those bad boys !
__________________
H Murphy Collection https://www.flickr.com/photos/154296763@N05/
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shoeless Joe Jackson or not? Shoeless Moe Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 11 05-10-2016 07:28 PM
Is this Shoeless Joe Jackson? Shoeless Moe Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 8 09-13-2011 01:14 PM
Shoeless Joe Jackson Axe OT henson1855 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 6 01-17-2011 11:02 PM
Shoeless Joe Jackson mintacular Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 38 12-16-2010 11:28 PM
Shoeless Joe Jackson Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 68 03-31-2007 08:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.


ebay GSB