NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM770 View Post
David, I appreciate the all contributions you've made to the forum over the years. But do you realize you have made 5 posts to this thread since your "Big -1" for the "waste of time".

You are coming off as petty and you are better than this.

Learn to duck sometimes.
Now make it 6 posts. I don't consider posting items for sale, listing prices and scans, and then withdrawing your items as petty.

Once? Ok, he gets a pass.

Multiple times? Not petty at all.

If you consider that petty, so be it. That's your opinion. But I'm entitled to my opinion as well. Some folks agreed with you, but some folks agreed with me too. I thought it was over two days ago. I don't see the need to revive the thread two days later to tell me what somebody else has already said..
Old 03-30-2015, 08:29 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Now make it 6 posts. I don't consider posting items for sale, listing prices and scans, and then withdrawing your items as petty.

Once? Ok, he gets a pass.

Multiple times? Not petty at all.

If you consider that petty, so be it. That's your opinion. But I'm entitled to my opinion as well. Some folks agreed with you, but some folks agreed with me too. I thought it was over two days ago. I don't see the need to revive the thread two days later to tell me what somebody else has already said..
If I saw a guy starting a thread that I know always backs on cards he says initially he wants to sell, I wouldn't open the thread and just ignore it......next time he open a thread just ignore him..even though it could be the one time he actually does a deal ( I don't have an opinion on the guy either way, just talking generally)
Old 03-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default selling

What is the big deal with you haters ! its only baseball cards...lower grade at that ! Its not a major auction house pulling back the Holy Grail T 206 Wagner now

I considered selling..then I changed my mind...what is the harm in that ?

After rethinking..the cards meant too much to me..why do some people have a problem with this ?

People change their mind about buying /selling/bidding all the time

Whats all this nonsense about " wasting our time" ??

Some guys are on the Net54 16 times a day !..apparently they have the time, worse case...don't look..or don't respond if its " too much wasted time"

Whats all this " lack of credibility " stuff ?..Ive sold tons of stuff on Net54..and bought tons of stuff too

Its not that Im pulling a " bait and switch " on anyone..I changed my mind about selling my stuff...and to be honest...the people who were interested and PM'ed me had NO PROBLEM that I changed my mind

and the one guy ( David ? ) makes me laugh..within 2 minutes..he had copys of posts I made 2 yrs ago !...what are you doing ? saving everyones posts on your hard drive...for quick rebuttal ?...Dude really ?..its not that big a deal

If I decide to sell some stuff tomorrow...I will post it..if anyone..all of a sudden " doesn't trust me" then don't buy my stuff, I don't care

Ralph G
Old 03-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Rich Klein

people can search on your past posts and when they do, they can see this is a pattern of behavior.

Nothing nefarious on their part

We all understand the mixed emotions about selling items so it's OK to waffle. But since you appear to do this regularly, being called out is also perfectly fine.

Rich
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman62 View Post
and the one guy ( David ? ) makes me laugh..within 2 minutes..he had copys of posts I made 2 yrs ago !...what are you doing ? saving everyones posts on your hard drive...for quick rebuttal ?...Dude really ?..its not that big a deal
No, I don't save posts on my hard drive. The Mays and Gehrig incident left me with a really bad impression of you...so much so, that I still remembered the thread two years later. To some, maybe it's petty. But they're looking at it from a different point of view. They read your threads and it's just entertainment for them. For me, I had skin in the game. I was a serious buyer. However, you weren't a serious seller. You just wanted to yank some chains.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
No, I don't save posts on my hard drive. The Mays and Gehrig incident left me with a really bad impression of you...so much so, that I still remembered the thread two years later. To some, maybe it's petty. But they're looking at it from a different point of view. They read your threads and it's just entertainment for them. For me, I had skin in the game. I was a serious buyer. However, you weren't a serious seller. You just wanted to yank some chains.
David, agree, we collectors do remember bad deals, took me 10 years to resolve one.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 03-31-2015, 06:27 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default selling

Joe
What " bad deal" are you referring too ?

There was no BAD DEAL anywhere ..In that thread 2 yrs ago ?...Go read it and tell me what was the " bad deal" ?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:10 AM
Rich Klein

He might not be thinking of a bad deal with you, just a bad deal he had in general.

Rich
Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Joe M.

Quote:
Joe
What " bad deal" are you referring too ?

There was no BAD DEAL anywhere ..In that thread 2 yrs ago ?...Go read it and tell me what was the " bad deal" ?
The bad deal was not with you. It was with someone else. Just an example of collectors remembering bad deals for a long time.

Joe

N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 03-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
What is the big deal with you haters ! its only baseball cards...lower grade at that ! Its not a major auction house pulling back the Holy Grail T 206 Wagner now

I considered selling..then I changed my mind...what is the harm in that ?

After rethinking..the cards meant too much to me..why do some people have a problem with this ?

People change their mind about buying /selling/bidding all the time

Whats all this nonsense about " wasting our time" ??

Some guys are on the Net54 16 times a day !..apparently they have the time, worse case...don't look..or don't respond if its " too much wasted time"

Whats all this " lack of credibility " stuff ?..Ive sold tons of stuff on Net54..and bought tons of stuff too

Its not that Im pulling a " bait and switch " on anyone..I changed my mind about selling my stuff...and to be honest...the people who were interested and PM'ed me had NO PROBLEM that I changed my mind

If I decide to sell some stuff tomorrow...I will post it..if anyone..all of a sudden " doesn't trust me" then don't buy my stuff, I don't care

Ralph G
Next time go to BST maybe?

Joe

Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Pa.ul Mat.is.ak

Quote:
I thought it was over two days ago.
I have to apologize on this. I wasn't around for a couple days and when I'm not I'll typically look at all the threads I've missed when I have time (like this morning). I didn't realize the thread had gone stale and I should have.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default selling

David,
Why are you making this out to be more then it is.

I decided not to sell my stuff and that's all it is

and stop that you had a " skin in this game " LOL !

I never even spoke to you , your not a serious buyer..your a serious S**T stirrer

Ralph G
Old 03-30-2015, 06:09 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
David,
Why are you making this out to be more then it is.

I decided not to sell my stuff and that's all it is

and stop that you had a " skin in this game " LOL !

I never even spoke to you , your not a serious buyer..your a serious S**T stirrer

Ralph G
I wasn't talking about this recent post. I was talking about when you posted the Mays and Gehrig for sale. I made you offers (posted within the thread that I linked - they're right there for all to see), I also sent you PMs. Yes, I was a serious buyer for the Mays and Gehrig at the time. You were not a serious seller.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Rich Klein

Default He sent me this email

"Go search in your hard drive and show me how it appears I " do this regularly" ???

DO what ?, I had a change of heart about selling my collection...what is the problem ? the cards mean too much to me and I changed my mind .

Where is the harm ? Where is the obscene waste of time ? I just don't see it ?"

Look, we all understand that you feel conflcted about selling your items. At times, you say, I have a great collection but it's time to move on. Then when the offers come, you pull back (This is now the second public time and who knows if there are private times)

It's OK to feel conflcted, we all have felt that way. The only thing I say is that it's a matter of repeated behavior and as such, you were called out on that.

When I became a full-time dealer for a spell in the mid 1980's I felt the same way but once I broke the collection, everything was fair game. You have the same reservations and that is fine. But, if you don't want to sell, no biggie -- its just when it will be time for you to sell, it will just be that much harder to take the sellng offer seriously

Regards
Rich
Old 03-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default selling

Rich
What are you talking about " when the offers come " I pulled the stuff back ?? WHAT OFFERS ? !

It never even got that far, you have no idea what your talking about ?

I had dozens of guys interested in the collection..and all of them let me know if and when I decide to sell..they will be there

Why are you painting this " your gonna be in trouble if you try and sell stuff ever again " ! STOP ..your delirious !

I will have no problems selling or buying on Net54 in the future

Ralph G
Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Rich
What are you talking about " when the offers come " I pulled the stuff back ?? WHAT OFFERS ? !

It never even got that far, you have no idea what your talking about ?
You never even got that far? You said yourself you had "dozens and dozens of" offers. Here is your own quote...

Quote:
offers from dozens and dozens of collectors/ dealers/buys/auctioneers,etc...
Dude, you're a nut job!
Closed Thread