NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Ken McMillan

Default USPS strikes again

Gotta love USPS and their delivery. I had a package coming from SGC for $525.00 worth of cards insured mail. SGC sent an email with tracking so I was able to know where the cards were located. Checked my tracking around noon and supposedly the cards were delivered and I had signed for them. The only issue is that at the time I had supposedly signed for them, I was at work and my wife did not sign for them either. We have a community mail center as I live in a 55 plus gated community so we checked with the front office to see if anyone else might have signed for it and they said that they do not sign for items. We reported it to the postmaster and he came out to our location to check on the situation. Only thing that we can figure is that the postal delivery lady did not do her job and just marked them as delivered and signed for when nobody had signed and they were not delivered. Postmaster is going to have a discussion with her as clearly she did not do her job and potentially falsified a sigmiature. Not good any way you look at it. I hope my T207 Ward Miller shows up and I do not have to fight for my card that was not delivered and not signed for but was marked as signed for.

Last edited by kmac32; 10-15-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Dave_Berg

Antics like that would get me fired from my job, but you'll be seeing your same postal carrier next week.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Don

Happened to me a couple of times. Low value items so I didn't make an issue of it and they arrived the next day.

I think it was a case of the carrier realizing they missed the package so they just marked it "delivered" and then delivered it the next day.

Still, no excuse though because if anything happens, you'll be on the hook since it was "delivered". For a high dollar item like yours, it was the right thing to immediately make them aware of it.

I think you'll get it tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
Happened to me a couple of times. Low value items so I didn't make an issue of it and they arrived the next day.

I think it was a case of the carrier realizing they missed the package so they just marked it "delivered" and then delivered it the next day.

Still, no excuse though because if anything happens, you'll be on the hook since it was "delivered". For a high dollar item like yours, it was the right thing to immediately make them aware of it.

I hope so and I am glad the wife took it up immediately with the postmaster. Marking it as delivered was bad but to say it was signed for is even worse. Unfortunately there appears to be no accountability in this situation.

Last edited by kmac32; 10-15-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:23 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

For packages with Signature Confirmation, you should be able to go to the USPS site, and receive proof of delivery if you enter the tracking number. Then you should receive an email where you can see who signed the package.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
For packages with Signature Confirmation, you should be able to go to the USPS site, and receive proof of delivery if you enter the tracking number. Then you should receive an email where you can see who signed the package.
The problem is that it says that I signed for the item which did not happen as I was at work and there are plenty of clients and coworkers that saw me there. I would like to see the actual signiature as I know it isn't mine. It pretty well boils down to the postal carrier not doing her job and if there is a signiature, then someboody forged it which is illegal.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:34 PM

Next time have them send it registered. That issue would never happen with registered mail.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:50 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
The problem is that it says that I signed for the item which did not happen as I was at work and there are plenty of clients and coworkers that saw me there. I would like to see the actual signiature as I know it isn't mine. It pretty well boils down to the postal carrier not doing her job and if there is a signiature, then someboody forged it which is illegal.
The proof of delivery should show the actual signature.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:22 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
I highly doubt your carrier forged a signature. Chances are she just marked it as delivered and checked a box somewhere that says signed for. Did they leave a notice? I have seen this happen and usually just go pick it up at the post office myself.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I highly doubt your carrier forged a signature. Chances are she just marked it as delivered and checked a box somewhere that says signed for. Did they leave a notice? I have seen this happen and usually just go pick it up at the post office myself.
Went to proof of delivery and signiature looks like mine but I was at work at the time recorded and at work all day. I do recall a comversation a while back where she said we could go to the post office and fill out a form saying signiature on file so she could deliver parcels requiring a signiature so we wouldn't have to make an extra trip to the post office. The issue here is we never got around to going to the post office to fill out the form so using a "signiature on file" doesn't fly. I agree that she didn't forge my name after seeing the proof of delivery form but the rules definitely were not followed. Hopefully the package will show up tomorrow.

Last edited by kmac32; 10-16-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:36 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

So the question is....who signed it?
Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Signature

I have worked for the Postal Service since 1981 and I have never heard of a form that can be filled out so your actual signature is not required. The mailer paid extra so you would have to sign for the item. The carriers signature is not acceptable.

So, the question is - where is the package? Most Post Offices now have Geo-tracking and we can map where the package was actually delivered.

The carrier should be disciplined. Unfortunately, because of the union contracts, the first step before actual discipline is issued is an "official job discussion". The unions position is that the carrier probably delivered about 80 packages and 2500 pieces of mail and delivered to 600 locations on that particular day, so 1 misdelivery isn't cause for discipline. BUT, in my opinion, an insured package that requires a signature should get special attention from the carrier and the carrier is never allowed to sign for the package.

Good luck. I hope your package is found.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:14 AM
Daryl

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=190723
Old 10-16-2015, 06:20 AM
Tom Boblitt

Hopefully you find it and it was just that the carrier put the wrong code on the package. I have a UPS Store mailbox which costs me $15/mo but gets me someone there from 8a-8p who sign for packages from ANY carrier since it's a street address. Quite a bit more expensive than a normal post office box but for the peace of mind, it works. You can also call them to see if something came in and they will check your box which doesn't normally happen at a normal post office box. Just another option if you get a lot of stuff. Good luck, hopefully it'll be resolved for you today.......
Old 10-16-2015, 06:22 AM
An$on

A similar thing happened to me as well - only it was with a carrier missing a pickup I had scheduled. He marked them as picked up when they were still sitting at my house as he had not come. He came the next day and grabbed them.

I just assumed he did that to keep himself out of trouble for not picking it up. My guess is that the package is delivered today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post

T207 (200/200)
E90-1 (118/121)
E90-3 (20/20)
E91A/B/C (96/99)
E93 (17/30)
E95/96 (26/55)
C59-61 (149/248)
N28/N29 A&G (84/100)
1901-02 Ogden Tabs (1,327/1,560)
1933-41 Goudey (265/478)
1939-41 Play Ball (381/473)

Complete: E47, E49, E50, E75, E76, E229, K4, N88, N91, R136, T29, T30, T38, T51, T53, T68, T73, T77, T118, T218, T220, T225, W512, W513, W542, W552, W565, Dozens of smaller uncategorized sets

Founder:
www.prewarcards.com
Old 10-16-2015, 06:23 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I have worked for the Postal Service since 1981 and I have never heard of a form that can be filled out so your actual signature is not required. The mailer paid extra so you would have to sign for the item. The carriers signature is not acceptable.

So, the question is - where is the package? Most Post Offices now have Geo-tracking and we can map where the package was actually delivered.

The carrier should be disciplined. Unfortunately, because of the union contracts, the first step before actual discipline is issued is an "official job discussion". The unions position is that the carrier probably delivered about 80 packages and 2500 pieces of mail and delivered to 600 locations on that particular day, so 1 misdelivery isn't cause for discipline. BUT, in my opinion, an insured package that requires a signature should get special attention from the carrier and the carrier is never allowed to sign for the package.

Rick
Rick,

I always appreciate your insight into the inner sanctum of the USPS.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:32 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
So the question is....who signed it?
Exactly...so if the signature really looks like yours, then the real question is who forged your name? Weird. I fear someone has deliberately stolen this package. Best of luck!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post

Rick
Thank you for your insight. This particular carrier has been busted before as it is a community mail center with 1200 boxes. What she apparently does is pulls up with the mail and in bulk marks mail as delivered whether it is or not. She apparently clicks a box for all packages as delivered and puts the mail in the boxes as she is filling them. Probably does not even cross reference whether the package is in her mail for the day. Hopefully it will be there today but clearly she is not doing her job correctly.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:18 AM

Default my issues

I bought a nice looking Nadja caramel card from Quiet Trading corner a few months ago with tracking and never received it. We tracked it and it said that it was "in transit" or something from another post office. It stayed like that for weeks. QT filed a report with USPS and nothing happened. I dont know what happened to tge card but QT was mighty nice in giving me a refund.

Two months later I sent another non-card sale via ebay through USPS, again with tracking, and the same thing happened. I filed a report, they said they would get back to me and I never heard from them again.

I have no idea what the hell they are doing at USPS.

Rollin up doobies?!

Smooth Transactions ezez420.frankbmd.northviewcats.t206hound.Beatles Guy.team-of-rivals.LukeLyon.ValKehl.Double-P-Enterprises.Hcom24.midmo.pow323.Tolstoi.WillowGrov e.Dougscats.t206Collector.cammb.pclpads.Jobu.eseho mbre.BocaBirdman, 38Goudeyman and many more
Old 10-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Doobies

Sometimes when I am trying to figure out what happened to a customers package I am tempted to roll up a doobie!

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Ken McMillan

Good ending to my T207 Ward Miller. Postmaster talked to carrier and they figured out that the card was delivered to the wrong box along with my REA catalog. Also talked with Postmaster about signiature on receipt and he told me that many of the residents have signiature on file and that they rarely have an issue. Carrier delivered package today once it was located and we found out that her father had a stroke 2 days ago and her head was not in the game and normally she is more attentive than that. Can bet that she won't make that mistake again and she did understand my concern.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:02 PM

Default Good ending

Ken,

Glad it worked out.

T207s are an awesome set!

Patrick
Old 10-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Archive

Good to hear that it all worked out.