NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2018, 10:19 PM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Default 1915 Cracker Jacks

I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been discussed in the past..I have always been curious..On the reverse of the '15 CJ's, it states you can receive the full set of cards for something silly like 1 coupon and 25 cents. You could also receive the "handsome album" for 1 coupon and 10 cents to hold the cards. Has anybody ever seen one of these original albums with a complete set of CJ's?...or even better have a picture of one? What an attic find that would be!!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:43 PM
K3v1n Stru55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVinnie View Post
I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been discussed in the past..I have always been curious..On the reverse of the '15 CJ's, it states you can receive the full set of cards for something silly like 1 coupon and 25 cents. You could also receive the "handsome album" for 1 coupon and 10 cents to hold the cards. Has anybody ever seen one of these original albums with a complete set of CJ's?...or even better have a picture of one? What an attic find that would be!!
Here is an example of a set in an album. As you can see, the album is very crude. Basically construction paper. This one has corner slots for the cards to be inserted, but I have also seen albums that do not have these and the cards needed to be pasted or taped in. This set sold for over $150K in 2008 by Sotheby's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cracker Jack Set.jpg (56.8 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by Baseball Rarities; 12-12-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Steven

heres mine, string still intact. This and my matty are all I have left from my set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1915 Cracker Jack Front Cover - Copy.jpg (82.8 KB, 272 views)
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Steven

Its just construction paper like kevin said, I haven't seen one w/o the pockets for the cards but kevin has seen a lot more than I have. You used to see them for sale once or twice a year then they dried up and this one has been the only one one ive seen seen for about 5 years now.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:23 AM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...34/lot.86.html

Great write-up by Sotheby's along with larger pictures. That is a beautiful set!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Wow, that's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1216 View Post
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...34/lot.86.html

Great write-up by Sotheby's along with larger pictures. That is a beautiful set!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Andy M.

Here is my Album which is the best that I have ever seen. The previous owner before me was Anthony Nex who had several of them over the years and this was by far his best. I have never seen any other better than this one in any collection.

This Album is part of my Master 1915 Cracker Jack Collection which includes the 176 Cards in PSA 7 or higher, the 176 GPC or Index Cards in PSA 9 or better and the 176 Charles Conlon Type 1 Photos.

I don't have them all yet but I have been collecting this trio for almost 15 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andy.jpg (50.3 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by PSACJ; 12-12-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:37 PM
P@u1 R31fer$0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSACJ View Post
Here is my Album which is the best that I have ever seen. The previous owner before me was Anthony Nex who had several of them over the years and this was by far his best. I have never seen any other better than this one in any collection.

This Album is part of my Master 1915 Cracker Jack Collection which includes the 176 Cards in PSA 7 or higher, the 176 GPC or Index Cards in PSA 9 or better and the 176 Charles Conlon Type 1 Photos.

I don't have them all yet but I have been collecting this trio for almost 15 years.
Can you please explain how the 176 Charles Conlon photos relate to the Cracker Jack cards? Are they the same subjects or the same poses? Can you please post some, either here or in the Conlon thread?
Old 12-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Micah L Marshall II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphere and ash View Post
Can you please explain how the 176 Charles Conlon photos relate to the Cracker Jack cards? Are they the same subjects or the same poses? Can you please post some, either here or in the Conlon thread?
This thread my help explain.

https://www.psacard.com/articles/art...baseball-cards

Completed 1986/87 Fleer Basketball

Completed 1935 National Chicle - 36/36

1933 Goudey - 195/240

Always looking for 1935 National Chicle Football cards or the premiums.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:48 PM
P@u1 R31fer$0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi$on18joshua View Post
Thanks, Micah. I understand now.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:14 PM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Wow! Thank you Kevin, Steven, and Andy for the great pics. Steven and Andy those Albums are awesome. I had never seen one before. Thank you for sharing. That's why I love this forum, ask and you shall receive
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Andy M.

Vinnie,

The album is much more rare than folks think. It is very tough to find one that is clean with all its pages, rope intact and no tears on the cover. The quality was not the greatest and imagine what kids did when they got them. They probably added glue to stick the cards, slit the pages to insert the cards or most likely wrote on them as well. Super tough!!!

I chased mine down for about a year. I looked everywhere and was not able to find one until the current copy in my collection. It is one of my favorite pieces of my 1915 Cracker Jack Collection. Just the notion that 176 cards were available by mail or in boxes but only by mail you had the opportunity to buy the book for additional cash instead of more cards. You tell me what you think is more rare, the 176 cards or one book.

We know for a fact that people collected cards and took care of them but a book, I find it hard to believe. I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I come across another one.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Andy

Last edited by PSACJ; 12-12-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:41 PM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Thanks, Andy!! That is truly remarkable. I completely agree with your assessment. Just a beautiful piece. I have this recurring dream where I am in an attic of an old vacant house, open an old trunk, and voila!...there is the album mixed with old toys and family photos...dare to dream Happy Holidays to you as well.