NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Has anyone heard anything new regarding VCBC magazine?

I emailed Don 3-4 weeks back regarding my desire for a refund, since I have finally given up any hope of ever seeing the VCBC magazine again. I never heard back from him, so I sent a 2nd request a few minutes ago.

Has anyone dealt him him recently?

Patrick

Old 01-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: JimB

About six or eight months ago there was one of the semi-regular complaint threads about the unprofessional way they have conducted their business. The owner of magazine came on the thread and said they were getting it together again, but that if people wanted refunds to e-mail him. I e-mailed immediately at that time and did get a refund. Haven't heard of anything else since.
JimB

Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: ramram

Do a search on this site and you'll find the old posting. It isn't Don but it's somebody else over there that you can contact for the refund. Their email address is in the post (sorry, I don't have it available anymore). It took them a little while but they did finally refund my money.

Rob M.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

donbetz@vcbc.com

(from their web site)

Old 01-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: ramram

I don't think you'll get through to Don. Here is the post I was speaking of:

VCBC is not going out of business. However, publication has been suspended while we redesign the format in order to appeal to a larger audience base. We fully intend to "re-launch" VCBC when "it is ready and feasible to do so".

Any subscriber can request a refund at any time by:

1: emailing me- mwalleson@vcbc.com
or
2: by mail- VCBC
PO Box 1345
Hunt Valley, Md 21030

Thanks
Mike Walleson

Old 01-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Thanks gentlemen!

I remember the post, but I was hoping that they would get their act together. Oh well.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Frank Ceresi

I had the guy e mail me about my complaint regarding getting my money back as well as paying off a debt for writing for the magazine years ago. I was promised a refund and never got it...naturally.

I really enjoyed the magazine when Dennis Purdy ran it. In fact, I just pulled out that elusive "number 7" magazine that is sitting with the others that I have. I will certainly read it when I have a chance.

Is Dennis still around the hobby someplace? I have not talked to him in quite some time.

Frank Ceresi

Old 01-30-2006, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Frank Rose

Although its been over two years, I still remember the last issue of VCBC I received in which the publishers stated a new direction for the magazine and a new "monthly" format. I also remember the Publisher commenting in an editorial piece that he wasn't publishing on time because he didn't feel like it. Prior to that, their publishing schedule had been extremely erratic. In the niche magazine publishing (or any scheduled publishing for that matter)field, it is imperative to publish on a regular basis with an allowance for an occasional week or two delay.

I too enjoyed the magazine, although more when Founder Dennis Purdy was the Publisher. In fact, the concept of the magazine provided me with the inspiration to form Gridiron Greats Magazine, The Digest of North American Football History & Its Memorabilia in 2002. Although I have long written off VCBC, the concept of Old Cardboard and other niche vintage sports collectible hobby periodicals is worthy. I'd like to think we make a number of our subscribers happy while filling a void in the hobby.

Frank Rose
Vintage Football Collectors Message Board

Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Hi Frank, gotta link to your website?

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Frank Rose

Sure,

http://www.gridirongreats.net

Frank Rose
Vintage Football Collectors Message Board
www.gridirongreats.net
Online Orders: www.helmethut.com
(Click Enter Store, Gridiron Greats Magazine Tab)

Old 01-31-2006, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: davidcycleback

I signed up for the first Gridiron Greats issue in 2002 and all the issues have been published and mailed in timely fashion. Potential subscribers should not worry about a VCBC-style time warp.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

I requested a refund from VCBC last Saturday and got a check from them today.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

I received my refund today. What a shame that the VCBC magazine couldn't get their act together.

Patrick

Old 02-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: Dan Lundrigan

Although its been over two years, I still remember the last issue of VCBC I received in which the publishers stated a new direction for the magazine and a new "monthly" format.

"the publishers stated a new direction for the magazine"

Well I guess a NOSEDIVE could be considered a "NEW" direction!

Maybe Mr. Frank Rose "Gridiron Greats Magazine" could pick up the slack left by VCBC Magazine.It seems he knows how to put out a Quality publication.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Default VCBC Magazine

Posted By: JimB

The nosedive of VCBC began when Dennis Purdy sold it, well over 2 years ago. But Old Cardboard seems to be filling the gap well.
JimB