NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Banned

if I find an uncut sheet of 170 T206s, which was originally produced with the intent of it being cut up, and i do just that because I only want the 8 cards on the sheet that picture Cincinnati players, that doesn’t strike you as a bad decision?
Old 02-28-2018, 01:15 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Amazing find!!!! Watch me tear it into pieces so I can make more people happy?!?!

Unbelievable.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
if I find an uncut sheet of 170 T206s, which was originally produced with the intent of it being cut up, and i do just that because I only want the 8 cards on the sheet that picture Cincinnati players, that doesn’t strike you as a bad decision?
apples and oranges
Old 02-28-2018, 01:46 PM

I understand that these are in fact tickets but I don't find a lot to get excited about since they aren't gate tickets. I would have left the book as is being that the individual slips aren't all that attractive. They must be pretty tiny when they're ripped off.

Last edited by packs; 02-28-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default "tiny"game 1 ticket worth BIG BUCKS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I understand that these are in fact tickets but I don't find a lot to get excited about since they aren't gate tickets. I would have left the book as is being that the individual slips aren't all that attractive. They must be pretty tiny when they're ripped off.
Just so you know I have a serious confirmed very high offer
for the tiny little "Game 1 ticket" however for me its one I want to keep

as they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"
Old 02-28-2018, 02:12 PM

Good luck with the sale. I only meant to say I thought they looked much more appealing as a group than what I imagine they look like separately.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Wasn't like this dude burned it or flushed it down the toilet. Not sure why he is Public Enemy # 1.

I get really pissed when some card company butchers a document and creates a ugly autograph monstrosity, but I guess you own and you do what you want with it. Sort of how the world works.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-28-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default some key games of the 1912 Highlanders Season

some of these game tickets will be available for sale in the near future , They will be all PSA slabbed and graded
GAME NO. - 1 First game the New York Yankees franchise wore Pinstripes.
GAME NO. - 2 Tris Speaker (BOS) Career Hone Run 23 (1st of league leading 10)
GAME NO. - 4 Walter Johnson (WASH) Complete Game Shutout (27th career) "Titanic Sinks on this day"
GAME NO. - 8 Hippo Vaughn Complete Game Shutout
GAME NO. - 9 Eddie Plank (PHI) Career Win 227
GAME NO. - 10 Chief Bender (PHI) Career Win 143
GAME NO. - 17 Ty Cob (DET) 2 stolen Bases, 19th of a record 54 Career steals of Home, and 2nd of a record 8 steal of Home in a season (1912)
GAME NO. - 18 Ty Cobb (DET) Stolen Base
GAME NO. - 19 Ty Cobb (DET) jumps into Stands & Beats Up New York Fan.
Cobb Stolen Base , Gets suspended
GAME NO. - 25 Ed Walsh (CHI) Career Win 163
GAME NO. - 30 Walter Johnson (WASH) Career Win 90
GAME NO. - 45 Iron Davis Major League Debut (Game II)
GAME NO. - 46 Shoeless Joe Jackson (CLE) Career Home Run 11
GAME NO. - 49 Ray Caldwell Complete Game Shut Out (3rd career, game II)
GAME NO. - 54 Ty Cobb (DET) Detroit Tigers wear Yankee Pinstripe Uniforms
GAME NO. - 55 Sam Crawford (DET) Career Home Run 73
GAME NO. - 56 Guy Zinn Steals Home Base for a record tying 2 times in a game
GAME NO. - 58 Ray Caldwell Complete Game Shut Out (4th career, game II)
GAME NO. - 66 Iron Davis First Career Win (Game II)
GAME NO. - 69 Smoky Joe Wood (BOS) Career Win 76, 29th of 34 Win Season
GAME NO. - 72 Eddie Plank (PHI) Career Win 248 (game-II)
GAME NO. - 74 Eddie Plank (PHI) Career Win 249
GAME NO. - 75 Walter Johnson (WASH) Career Win 115 (33rd game of season)
GAME NO. - 77 Last Game played at Hilltop Park, Last Year as the Higlanders. Hal Chase Career Home Run 20, and last HR hit at HillTop Park. Jack Lelivelt 2 Home Runs; First Career Home Run, and Last Career Home Run.

Last edited by megalimey; 02-28-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Wasn't like this dude burned it or flushed it down the toilet. Not sure why he is Public Enemy # 1.

I get really pissed when some card company butchers a document and creates a ugly autograph monstrosity, but I guess you own and you do what you want with it. Sort of how the world works.
Agreed. I don't see this as something that really needed to stay together. I get frustrated with some of the cut up stuff, but these are tickets that should have been removed and, at least to me, don't have much more of an aesthetic appeal being all together.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:38 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Straying off subject a bit...I'm not a ticket collector, but I have to wonder how collectors assess 'value' if tickets were left in a booklet, unused. Say you had an unused Mazeroski HR World Series game ticket. Would that be as coveted as an actual used ticket from that historic game? It seems to me the answer would be a resounding "No!"

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 02-28-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default wasn't flushed down the toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

funny you say wasn't flushed down the toilet

the person I bought the booklet from found it in among some old books and old photos in a box he found at a garage sale , he said he got there quite late the people were packing up and were already putting stuff in boxes to the side of the curb for trash pick up there were several other boxes they still had for sale, he said he paid $25 for 2 boxes of stuff in one of the boxes was the booklet , he then googled 1912 American League Baseball of NY found out they were the New York Yankees , he then googled vintage NY Yankees tickets, a website I am a NY Yankees ticket consultant on comes up number 4 out of 1,840,000 results
he contacted me about the booklet we negotiated a deal , wasn't much negotiation when I gave him my price, I do not think the FLASH could have said yes any quicker ,so It may have been saved from the trash heap if he had not bought the boxes , the guy had no emotional attachment and very happy to flip it for a huge profit , and here we are .

Last edited by megalimey; 02-28-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:21 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Amazing find!!!! Watch me tear it into pieces so I can make more people happy?!?!

Unbelievable.
How was it torn to pieces? The tickets were designed to be separated from each other.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 03-01-2018, 04:18 AM

Default Not the first...not the last

I find it interesting that the OP was clever enough to post this "amazing find" on the front page, where he would have more eyes then our standard B/S/Trade section as a means to facilitate the sale of this ticket book.

He found a way to advertise an item for sale without buying a banner like our other fine advertisers!

Patrick
Old 03-01-2018, 05:20 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
The following made me want to puke.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Christy-Mat...53.m1438.l2649
Autograph collectors need to treat autograph cuts as card collectors treat trimmed cards.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:54 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I feel that the OP has every right to do what he wants to the tickets since he owns it.

I personally like the idea of purchasing separate tickets which have some significance. Owning the whole booklet doesn't really bring out the individual feats of each game.

There are people out there who rather have the entire ticket book intact while others rather own a piece of it. You will never please everyone.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard

Last edited by Buythatcard; 03-01-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:03 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I feel that the OP has every right to do what he wants to the tickets since he owns it.

I personally like the idea of purchasing separate tickets which have some significance. Owning the whole booklet doesn't really bring put the individual feats of each game.

There are people out there who rather have the entire ticket book intact while others rather own a piece of it. You will never please everyone.
+1
Old 03-03-2018, 07:35 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
To break it up is like taking a T206 Honus and cutting it into smaller pieces so that people can own the pieces of history.
Quiet! Don't give anyone any ideas!!!!!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Just curious, at what point did you decide to tear the tickets individually, before or after posting this thread?
Old 03-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default some games I really wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Sports Auctions View Post
Just curious, at what point did you decide to tear the tickets individually, before or after posting this thread?
when I originally posted this find , it was more to tell people what I had got .
At no point was I asking any opinions as to what I should do with it., in regards keeping intact as is (remember it was missing front and back cover) , sell it ,or even donate it to the Hall of Fame.
to answer your question, some games tickets I really wanted to keep
especially Game 1, game 4 and Game 77 there were a few others ,
after waiting several weeks of weighing my options , and after receiving lots of messages asking if I wanted to sell book whole or possibly singles . I decided to break it up , If money was my motivation I could have flipped it early for a very significant profit , but then lose the once in a life time opportunity to own some important tickets , that will NEVER come up again ,
this way I get to keep some desirable tickets and sell or trade off the rest.
I collect , buy , sell and trade , for me its a win win , whats done is done
I have no regrets

Last edited by megalimey; 03-04-2018 at 09:32 AM.