NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Default Beware

Posted By: brian parker

There may just be an alien among us....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2727758882&category=31719

On a serious note, it bothers me when a seller does not mention a serious flaw in a card like this one. Oh, he mentions the crease, but not a word about the correction fluid eyes. Sure, the scan clearly shows this defect, but what if the scan doesn't appear for whatever dang computer reason? I would hate to bid according to the description and then have Matty giving me a blank stare when the mail came in and I opened the package. Even on such an obvious fault as this one, shouldn't the seller be obligated to provide this information?

Old 05-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Default Beware

Posted By: Nick

Brian,
Thought I would pipe in on this one!

The seller provided a picture & a grade(F-G). The damage to the face of Christy is just one more aspect of a Fair/Good condition card. I think the picture not appearing would be the exception not the rule. I wish there was a picture of the back(many sellers overlook the back).

As a seller if I took the time to describe every element of every flaw, I would never get anything posted.

To sum it up, I feel satisfied if I am provided with a clear picture of the front(back)and a grade.

Nick

Old 05-06-2003, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default Beware

Posted By: julie

Mention everything except the card's main fault--I think Matty's eyes are HORRIBLE! An d what if my computer wouldn't download his scan?

I can remember discussing a T202 for 15 minutes over the phone with a very reputable dealer. As you may know, there's an awful lot to discuss about a t202 (more than 5 inches lengthwase, and 2 1/2 high--or more), especially if you're putting out a good chunk of change. So I agreed to buy it, and sent the money. When it arrived--no bottom border! I mean, none! I called him and he said, "I don't believe we discussed centering." (he did give me my money back). But see--it was the card's most obvious fault, and because I neglected to mention centering, he did too!

Brian H, don't wrack your brains--it's not you!