NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Kelly Cronin

Default Free Reviews at the National

Hey guys,

For those interested, we are offering a free reviews for Purple Label stickers at the National.

Greg would like to put some faces to board member names and vice versa. We will be there Tuesday through Sunday. He hopes to meet a lot of you.

Call or Text Greg at 631-885-0495

slabsticker.com

Visit the PURPLE LABEL Facebook Page

Questions or comments? Purplelabelcard@gmail.com

(617) 285-6947

PURPLE LABEL SECURITY at White Plains and Hofstra Show.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Peter Spaeth

There are no words.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Lol
Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

How have I not heard of this service before?
See you at the national.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:46 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Will you put a purple sticker on unslabbed cards if they look really nice?
Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Many guys here are "down" on the current grading companies, and rightfully so.

But, I think this idea COULD have some merit. Well, if they were to start inspecting for alterations at least....that would be one way. (Plus I have seen a number of "purple sticker" cards on Ebay from time to time)

If this was a service that could be tailored to very "cost efficiently look for alterations", as well as their current "this card stands out as excellent for the grade" opinions/offerings, then it could be a great thing for the hobby.

But, one would think that "Purple Label" could only be but so good at spotting alterations.
Like has been noted time and time again in these threads, most of the card doctors can pass some work (cards) through the bigger grading companies, so I don't know if this could ever be a good idea, or one that Purple Label would even want to attempt or risk their reputation on.

Regardless, I look at this as a "Purple Label indicator" opinion of "card's eye appeal exceeds the grade".
This isn't necessarily a bad thing..... even though I'm sure many of you will argue its not really actually needed.

Again, if their mission could be expanded to help spot alterations and doctoring, this could be a great idea.
But from what I am seeing, I don't think thats the case , and they seem to be generally looking towards the eye appeal of cards in general.

Although I'm sure this may not be a popular idea here, I think its intriguing.
I can envision scouring Ebay or (pick your choice of card outlets) looking over for cards that are in a certain grade range, with the added benefit of the Purple Label.

I can certainly see this as a possible good thing,if done well....... contrast that to the "High End, and Premium Quality stickers" found on some PWCC items that aren't exactly put there by an impartial source.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-11-2019 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:30 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurpleVoice View Post
Hey guys,

For those interested, we are offering a free reviews for Purple Label stickers at the National.

Greg would like to put some faces to board member names and vice versa. We will be there Tuesday through Sunday. He hopes to meet a lot of you.

Call or Text Greg at 631-885-0495
An introduction of some sort would probably be a good idea? Who's Greg??? Is he like "Charlie?"
Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
An introduction of some sort would probably be a good idea? Who's Greg??? Is he like "Charlie?"
I Googled "Greg" then clicked on "Images". This was the first pic that came up. Not sure if it's the same person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greg.jpg (5.8 KB, 1473 views)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:00 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I agree that a service of identifying forgeries would have merit. But the authenticators would have to really know their stuff. Currently there is NO ENTITY in the entire hobby who is looking out for the customer. Who is in our corner when it comes to identifying and eliminating fraud in the hobby? The Auction Houses? The Dealers? The TPGs? Sloan's Letters are a clear indication that its only about money and pleasing shareholders.

The answer is no one. We are left to do it ourselves. If not for a couple of tech-savvy sleuths on Blowout, this entire mess would’ve gone completely unnoticed. And even on Blowout, the moderator is now compressing threads and minimizing the scandal’s exposure. This, within the one remaining form of communication we consumers have (the forums). The recent revelation of the 31 card PWCC/PSA submission was combined into the Mantle thread, where it won’t be viewed by nearly as many people.

It would actually make for a great movie, in which a few individuals have to combat an entire corrupt industry. But to get back on point, there would be a need for a trustworthy and knowledgeable entity that would simply deem Cards as altered or not. As for this “looks good for the grade sticker” nonsense, there is just no need. Collectors are perfectly capable of determining what looks good and what they want in their collections.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Here you go Pete. http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270933
Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
I Googled "Greg" then clicked on "Images". This was the first pic that came up. Not sure if it's the same person.
and what are "greg's" credentials???? Kelly's skills so far aren't terribly impressive??

Last edited by ullmandds; 07-11-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Ben North

Quote:
and what are "greg's" credentials???? Kelly's skills so far aren't terribly impressive??
They have to be every bit as good as Brent and Betsy and look at how well they done.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:33 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Well, I Googled the words "Greg's credentials" and this was the first image that came up. As can be seen, I'm no internet detective, lol!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grega.jpg (9.1 KB, 1456 views)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Troy Rambo

I just did a little reading about this on their website. It's a little confusing but it appears the "Purple Label" picks out nicer cards for their grade and has a database so you can verify it to be true. Not to completely compare but doesn't PWCC have something like this and is this something the hobby really needs? I know I'll likely never be a user of this service and will more than likely scrape off the purple label of any card I buy (if there ever is one).

Would be interested in other opinions, though, if I'm missing something here.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:01 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by trambo View Post
I just did a little reading about this on their website. It's a little confusing but it appears the "Purple Label" picks out nicer cards for their grade and has a database so you can verify it to be true. Not to completely compare but doesn't PWCC have something like this and is this something the hobby really needs? I know I'll likely never be a user of this service and will more than likely scrape off the purple label of any card I buy (if there ever is one).

Would be interested in other opinions, though, if I'm missing something here.
My point is if you come on here and start a thread touting your or your employers services...I think you should atleast describe the services you are offering and the value they provide...not leave us guessing or have to figure it out ourselves.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Scott Russell

They have done so in the past. Don't feel like searching for the old threads but it has been discussed fairly extensively. That being said until you're a household name a recap at the beginning of any thread about the service probably isn't the worst idea.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Greg C

Default Purple Label

This is me if you have not met me yet.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidse.../#947749f7a4dd

This is what Purple Label identifies:

Check out more of our crossovers, bumps,
and highlights on our Facebook page

Regarding alterations/forgeries:
Any card that in which an alteration has been detected
has always been disqualified from receiving a sticker.
Trim-gate has only heightened our levels of detection.
_
_
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 AM
David Seid.eman

Default Purple Label

As a collector, I have hung out with Greg at the National and shows in White Plains, Boston, and Philly for the past few years. He has helped me buy and stopped me from buying numerous cards from dealers on the floor. Greg has a fantastic eye. He's taught me a lot of stuff, too.

(He has also pioneered an effective security system to prevent further thefts in White Plains.)
Old 07-11-2019, 10:15 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Retail Theft is always high at the Rosemont Location.....it never hurts for a extra set of eyes...everyone beware of your surroundings.....cards/valuables.

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-11-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Don

The coin side of CU, PCGS, has the same business model in place. It's called CAC and they have a "green bean" instead of a "purple square". They evaluate slabbed coins and sticker them if they're exceptional for the grade. Honestly, I couldn't care less but the model has been in place now for over a decade and CAC'd coins carry a premium, even to the point that many collectors won't buy a slabbed coin unless it has a bean.

I can totally see a service like this taking off in light of the grading debacle going on. If someone steps up to the plate and can offer an unbiased evaluation of graded cards, they might do pretty well.

Again, I couldn't care less one way or the other. I've mostly been a coin guy in my collecting life, and don't care if a slabbed coin has a bean or not since I can evaluate the coin myself as good as anyone. But, don't underestimate the droves of collectors who don't have the confidence to do that.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:35 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
As a collector, I have hung out with Greg at the National and shows in White Plains, Boston, and Philly for the past few years. He has helped me buy and stopped me from buying numerous cards from dealers on the floor. Greg has a fantastic eye. He's taught me a lot of stuff, too.

(He has also pioneered an effective security system to prevent further thefts in White Plains.)
OMG, you sound just like PWCC. You are the same person that writes about collecting for Forbes? And you need advice from from a purple sticker?
Old 07-11-2019, 02:44 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Has anyone here actually utilized this service (outside of Greg's friends and relatives?)
Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I think his free review service could be very valuable to the people affected by the PSA/SGC alteration scandal. Since he is offering to do the review for free, and will not sticker the cards unless he agrees they are unaltered and nice for the grade, it could be ammunition for people who would like to have someone pre-review their card for a return under the PSA (or former SGC) grade guarantee. If he then charges a small fee for writing down the alterations he detects with the cards, that could be shown to PSA or SGC with the intent of getting reimbursed for the current market value of an unaltered card in the same grade.

So for those cards that are on the same submission lists with known altered cards, this would be a solid help for them, IMO.

I have posted in the past that the label is not my cup of tea, and it's been pretty well established that PWCC's stickers were not given in the unbiased fashion they claim. That doesn't mean that Greg's Purple stickers will fall into the same trap. I haven't met hardly any of you (save the 10 or so at the Dallas Card Show in April and 1880s a couple of years ago), but the picture of Greg makes him look much younger than I guessed he was.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:11 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Perhaps all of us should post pictures of ourselves taken from below, trying to look menacing by fiercely glaring down at the camera with our arms firmly crossed. My gawd. That photo deserves a purple sticker.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Perhaps all of us should post pictures of ourselves taken from below, trying to look menacing by fiercely glaring down at the camera with our arms firmly crossed. My gawd. That photo deserves a purple sticker.
LOL, at least he is showing off his cool watch, someday I hope to own a cool watch.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:16 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Lol! It would be cool though to have a thread where everyone posted a picture of themself, just to put a face with the name.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I haven't read the previous posts about this so forgive me for asking a question here if it's already been covered. So people are posting about this service being able to spot altered cards. Is this a fact or is the service just putting purple labels that are extremely nice for the grade? I'm a little confused here.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:11 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
the service just putting purple labels that are extremely nice for the grade? I'm a little confused here.

I snipped your post, to essentially say what this "Purple Label" is all about.

My thinking that it could be even more useful if it were to help scan for alterations/card doctoring.......... well thats just me and wishful thinking....
I believe this would be a great way to combine two semi "grading/card altering detection" directions.
Regardless, I think I can see where this is going, and I personally don't mind the "Purple Label".
Do I as an "informed collector" necessarily need this? No, we all know that here.
But let's not forget we are the minority on these boards.

"Perezfan" said "I agree that a service of identifying forgeries would have merit. But the authenticators would have to really know their stuff. Currently there is NO ENTITY in the entire hobby who is looking out for the customer. Who is in our corner when it comes to identifying and eliminating fraud in the hobby?
The answer is no one. We are left to do it ourselves."

"Perezfan" is correct. We are essentially left to police what we purchase ourselves. Sure, its always been that way, but all this widespread "doctoring" is a much bigger issue than we thought.
Any and all "card doctoring detection methods", would probably be difficult, and could only offer an "opinion of protection". (Say any TPG could only reasonably say with 95% certainty that something is "unaltered".....we all know we can never eliminate it all. That 95% might mean something to many of us)

I think this "Purple Label" COULD be a positive thing, and the hobby probably could use that right now.
I'm sure many here won't agree, but thats why we are all here posting.

Now, to those few that poked a bit of fun at lowpopper.........
I get it. But I think the hobby could use a breath of fresh air right now, and at least at first glance, he is willing to put himself out there, show himself, and is willing to stand behind his product that he believes in.
Whether you personally agree with it or not, we could probably use a bit more of that right now in my eyes.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCollector1 View Post
I snipped your post, to essentially say what this "Purple Label" is all about.

My thinking that it could be even more useful if it were to help scan for alterations/card doctoring.......... well thats just me and wishful thinking....
I believe this would be a great way to combine two semi "grading/card altering detection" directions.
Regardless, I think I can see where this is going, and I personally don't mind the "Purple Label".
Do I as an "informed collector" necessarily need this? No, we all know that here.
But let's not forget we are the minority on these boards.

"Perezfan" said "I agree that a service of identifying forgeries would have merit. But the authenticators would have to really know their stuff. Currently there is NO ENTITY in the entire hobby who is looking out for the customer. Who is in our corner when it comes to identifying and eliminating fraud in the hobby?
The answer is no one. We are left to do it ourselves."

"Perezfan" is correct. We are essentially left to police what we purchase ourselves. Sure, its always been that way, but all this widespread "doctoring" is a much bigger issue than we thought.
Any and all "card doctoring detection methods", would probably be difficult, and could only offer an "opinion of protection". (Say any TPG could only reasonably say with 95% certainty that something is "unaltered".....we all know we can never eliminate it all. That 95% might mean something to many of us)

I think this "Purple Label" COULD be a positive thing, and the hobby probably could use that right now.
I'm sure many here won't agree, but thats why we are all here posting.

Now, to those few that poked a bit of fun at lowpopper.........
I get it. But I think the hobby could use a breath of fresh air right now, and at least at first glance, he is willing to put himself out there, show himself, and is willing to stand behind his product that he believes in.
Whether you personally agree with it or not, we could probably use a bit more of that right now in my eyes.
Ok, so does it look for alterations or no?
Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I'd love to have a purple label stickered card just for the novelty of it to be honest. Problem is I probably would not pay a premium for the card. I have some third rate TPG slabs for the novelty of them and this would fit right in with those.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 07-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Dave Fa*st

If you look up the gentleman’s eBay handle, 95% of what he sells is post-war. I’d certainly have to hear more out of him as to why he’s an expert at examining pre-war cards. He has a few Goudeys and T206s....but could he look at the more obscure stuff and be correct enough in his opinion if a Grennan Baking card is undergraded? Or worse, tampered with?

Last edited by asphaltman; 07-11-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Scott Russell

I've bought and sold pre-war with Greg at shows. He's a knowledgeable guy.

I am always flabbergasted by people who need to be told what to buy and what not to buy (ahem Holygrail) but that's not a problem with Greg that's a problem with people who want to do everything the easy way.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Ok, so does it look for alterations or no?
Well, I don't think thats WHY they use these stickers, thats only for more "excellent eye appeal" examples.
But, I'm guessing if there is anything obvious, then maybe they act accordingly, see his comment I quoted for you below........

Promethius88 - Here is lowpopper's exact phrase, if you hadn't read all the thread you likely missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpopper View Post

Regarding alterations/forgeries:
Any card that in which an alteration has been detected
has always been disqualified from receiving a sticker.
Trim-gate has only heightened our levels of detection.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCollector1 View Post
Well, I don't think thats WHY they use these stickers, thats only for more "excellent eye appeal" examples.
But, I'm guessing if there is anything obvious, then maybe they act accordingly, see his comment I quoted for you below........

Promethius88 - Here is lowpopper's exact phrase, if you hadn't read all the thread you likely missed it.
Thank you for the clarification, Scott.

Is there a guarantee if they purple sticker a card that then turns out to be altered down the road? I guess my questioning is if they can detect alterations better than anyone else out there? I mean, THAT would be worth the price of admission.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:27 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
LOL, at least he is showing off his cool watch, someday I hope to own a cool watch.
umm, I think you have (had) one IRCC

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-12-2019, 05:30 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
umm, I think you have (had) one IRCC
LOL, I have 3 but then my silly post wouldn't make any sense.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Glyn Parson

Default I have met him.

He is always very nice and seems knowledgeable when we talked a few times at various shows. He actually never even mentioned his service or tried to push it on me at all. I had no idea he was the purple label guy before this thread. There are certainly people out there I have less faith in then this individual purporting themselves to be experts. Not a service I personally plan on using but I get why some would appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Gonna send you a Timex that my grandfather gave me for my birthday
Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 AM
Greg C

Cards by which alterations have been detected
have not and will not be certified by Purple Label.

The Purple sticker identifies a card that exhibits strong
qualities for the grade. However, a card graded a 5 that
looks like a 10 will not get a sticker if an alteration is detected.

Please take advantage of this FREE service and come
see me at the national.

631-885-0495
Old 07-27-2019, 10:01 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:

Not sure an endorsement from David is helping you all things considered. Also I thought you were selling your booth?

Old 07-28-2019, 12:56 AM
Greg C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Not sure an endorsement from David is helping you all things considered. Also I thought you were selling your booth?
Endorsements are moot as far as I'm concerned. This is
a FREE service being offered for the good of the card
community
. It seems like a lot of collectors could use this
FREE service considering all the concern regarding alterations.
Why not have an extra line of defense? It's FREE

Dave, thanks for the compliments. You are always
a pleasure to chat with at the shows. Look forward
to seeing you this week in Chicago!
Old 07-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Pete S.

I’m creating a service that puts a small aqua sticker on the purple sticker on the slab. It indicates that I have discussed your card with my mother and certified it as part of awesome discussion.

Actually, jokes aside, since it’s a free service I think it’s a-ok!

Last edited by swabie2424; 07-28-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:49 AM
Rachel Stone
Rachel St.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by swabie2424 View Post
I’m creating a service that puts a small aqua sticker on the purple sticker on the slab. It indicates that I have discussed your card with my mother and certified it as part of awesome discussion.

Actually, jokes aside, since it’s a free service I think it’s a-ok!
Okay, that inspired me to create a service that puts a tiny gold sticker on the small aqua sticker on the purple sticker on the slab. The tiny gold sticker doesn't signify anything at all, but it smells like my perfume. As I won't be at the Natty, my service will only be available locally.

All jokes aside though, I agree...if it's free, more eyeballs can't hurt. Thumbs up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 02:20 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Rachel’s is the first positive contribution. Hopefully, it will mitigate some of the stench in the hobby. And for all the lawyers on the board, that was mitigate, not litigate.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:41 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Someone needs to start a service that removes all these silly stickers without damaging the slab or leaving sticky residue.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:48 PM
David Seid.eman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Hi Scott. Maybe you ought to read the article Greg linked to before excreting the sarcasm endemic to this site . How would you like it if you're $30K Clemente were stolen? You think that's funny? Do you also get a laugh from Greg's $8,000-$10,000 Mantle being swiped at last year's National?
Old 07-28-2019, 06:03 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Yes, but will the adhesive on the back of the stamp eat thru the slab and ruin the card?
Incidentally, I understand the late artist Prince was a great supporter and even once dedicated a song to him.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Jerry

Would this be considered fourth party grading?
Old 07-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Hi Scott. Maybe you ought to read the article Greg linked to before excreting the sarcasm endemic to this site . How would you like it if you're $30K Clemente were stolen? You think that's funny? Do you also get a laugh from Greg's $8,000-$10,000 Mantle being swiped at last year's National?
Not sure what being robbed has to do with anything I said. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, which Greg is not. There was no sarcasm whatsoever in my post. I don't know if the endorsement of someone who at the very least had the appearance of being in bed with PWCC is good for a new business. Sorry if you don't like it, but I'm far from the only one who feels that way.