NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Pup6913

Default Bad Ebay seller

Bad ebay seller. Bought card and never received it. Just wanted to let you guys know. Seller said he shipped it 7 days after I paid for it and he would include extras for the trouble. Very nice offer but then no card still and no responses now. Below is a link to the auction so you can see the card and seller ID.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-t205-go...#ht_500wt_1204

Last edited by Pup6913; 04-20-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default link

The link doesn't really go anywhere except to an item that has been removed.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Pup6913

link fixed
Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Archive

Thanks for the heads up.

Nice looking card.

Hope this works out & you receive it.

Jantz
Old 04-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

One of many bad apples on eBay. Maybe the time has come where we include the links to all bad sellers and all bad buyers on eBay. It's time for us to have a way to out these people. Especially the bad buyers where we can't leave negatives.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
One of many bad apples on eBay. Maybe the time has come where we include the links to all bad sellers and all bad buyers on eBay. It's time for us to have a way to out these people. Especially the bad buyers where we can't leave negatives.
Agreed I also think it should include a list of sellers that will get mad and block you if you try to make them an offer to close an auction, just so none of us get blocked if we try to make an offer. That would help me anyway, so I won't be as afraid to ask sellers.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Agreed. We'd all have access to update the link and add to it.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default open to debate a bad seller category

I am open to debate this topic of a bad seller category on the board. There are some pitfalls though. If you are reporting a bad seller should you need your full name in your post? I can see a board member reporting another board member for something that is debatable? Are there liability issues? One person's side might be different than another person's side etc....
Old 04-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Steven

Default Great, lets debate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I am open to debate this topic of a bad seller category on the board. There are some pitfalls though. If you are reporting a bad seller should you need your full name in your post? I can see a board member reporting another board member for something that is debatable? Are there liability issues? One person's side might be different than another person's side etc....
Yes, your full name needs to be included as you are making a claim of dishonesty and need to be accountable for your claim; if one board member accuses another hopefully they handle like men, privately - the board can be updated and any posting member should have the authority to retract their comments when the issue is resolved; If its truly debatable then lets debate the issue like we do (less name calling would be preferably); I think the board would work well and help us against some dipsh!t ebayers. I know some members here have helped me in the past and this link could be another tool.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
Agreed I also think it should include a list of sellers that will get mad and block you if you try to make them an offer to close an auction, just so none of us get blocked if we try to make an offer. That would help me anyway, so I won't be as afraid to ask sellers.
Zach I wouldn't offer Yepbg or ask anything for that matter. He blocks for fun. Lol
Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Zach I wouldn't offer Yepbg or ask anything for that matter. He blocks for fun. Lol
LOL I will definatley watch out for that. The other day I asked a seller to change an auction to a BIN that was reasonable. When I messaged him I said "Please do not block me if you do not want to do this deal." After I heard all the horror stories on here I am afraid to message them and be blocked. I told him let me bid if you do not want my offer. Two days later he still has not responded to me, which is much better than blocking me.

Last edited by zljones; 04-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

To be honest, I really don't know why you purchased this item from this seller. I mean his feedback is 30, under 90%, and if you look at the negatives HE NEVER SENDS THE CARDS! Why would you purchase from a seller with a history of not shipping items!? Not to be a jerk, but it kinda is your own fault in dealing with a seller with a terrible track record IMO...

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 04-21-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
To be honest, I really don't know why you purchased this item from this seller. I mean his feedback is 30, under 90%, and if you look at the negatives HE NEVER SENDS THE CARDS! Why would you purchase from a seller with a history of not shipping items!? Not to be a jerk, but it kinda is your own fault in dealing with a seller with a terrible track record IMO...
If you look at the dates of when feedback was left you would see he had only one prior to my purchase from some guy with a potty mouth over a jersey. I also read it takes a bit to ship and was prepared to wait for this card. You can read others got there cards and some got xtras. It's ok that he had low feedback. We all have at some point right?

Fwiw I think we should call it the naughty list since not all sellers are bad but made poor judgement calls that can be rectified. The thread should only be used to post bad sellers because I can see now all the responses swamping the actuall use of it. This is jmo fwiw

Last edited by Pup6913; 04-21-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
If you look at the dates of when feedback was left you would see he had only one prior to my purchase from some guy with a potty mouth over a jersey. I also read it takes a bit to ship and was prepared to wait for this card. You can read others got there cards and some got xtras. It's ok that he had low feedback. We all have at some point right?

Fwiw I think we should call it the naughty list since not all sellers are bad but made poor judgement calls that can be rectified. The thread should only be used to post bad sellers because I can see now all the responses swamping the actuall use of it. This is jmo fwiw
True, and he had a neutral.

Seems like maybe something is selling for lower than he wants, i.e. the jersey, your card, one before your card, and possibly kept it to re-sell for higher price. Idk, like walking on egg shells, it just sucks. I've had it happen with sellers with perfect feedback, so you can never be too sure unless it's exchanged in person.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default eBay Feedback

Wow, someone obviously wasn't having a good day on Valentines Day, 2010.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 AM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
Wow, someone obviously wasn't having a good day on Valentines Day, 2010.

+1
Old 04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
LOL I will definatley watch out for that. The other day I asked a seller to change an auction to a BIN that was reasonable. When I messaged him I said "Please do not block me if you do not want to do this deal." After I heard all the horror stories on here I am afraid to message them and be blocked. I told him let me bid if you do not want my offer. Two days later he still has not responded to me, which is much better than blocking me.
I don't think I'd want to deal with a seller who would block me just for making an offer. The seller can simply turn your offer down and life continues on..... but to block you over that? Maybe I don't understand the concept. Is this making offers to sellers who don't have the "make offer" tab on their auction?

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
$cotty @.utin

Seems silly to me that a seller would block someone for making an offer. If the say no, block the seller, and let the auction run eh are losing out on another bidder. It only takes two bidders to take an item to high dollars and you are immediately removing one of the interested bidders

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Dean C.

What I try to keep in mind is, Life Happens! I won an auction a few months ago from a seller with a perfect feedback rating, paid for the card promptly, and then ... nothing. For two weeks nothing. I sent a couple messages and waited, and then suddenly received a message from the seller's partner saying he had ended up in the hospital with a sudden illness but that she would be taking care of shipping the card for him. And she did. The card arrived, and it was just as the auction had described it. So yeah, I had to wait a while, but in the end everything was fine. My point in all this is, try to give the other person the benefit of the doubt. In the case of the seller whose unresponsiveness prompted this thread, maybe the person fell ill and is in the hospital or something. It's very possible -- and it's also possible that he doesn't have a partner to check his eBay account for him.

If you're really concerned about a seller's disappearance, you might try contacting someone who gave him positive feedback for a previous transaction to see if he has contact information for him. Or you might be able to find such information in the eBay invoice. Then look him up on zabasearch and try calling him. Or just file an undelivered item dispute with eBay, get your refund and move on.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Not possible for this to be Andrew's fault, only the seller, ebay, or a combination of the two. Odd that the seller did that on a best offer...Hope you get it Andrew.

The Valentine day comment made me laugh.