NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Jamie

Default Can you no longer leave Neg feedback on ebay as a seller?

I just had a guy never pay for a card... never communicated with me.. nothing...

I opened and closed a case to get a refund on ebay.... I went to leave neg feedback as a non paying buyer... and ebay told me I couldn't leave feedback because he never paid..???

who runs that company? did he get a highschool diploma?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Yup. EBay changed the policy, only buyers can.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.

Last edited by wazoo; 08-15-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM
JimRoss
Banned

That's the reason why I stopped selling on eBay. eBay is buyers' world now. Even Paypal also protects buyers only. I have enough dealing with those bad buyers and not worth my time to sell there anymore.

eBay forgets without sellers listing stuffs and paying them fees they would have gone out of business.

Last edited by jimross; 08-15-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:33 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimross View Post
eBay forgets without sellers listing stuffs and paying them fees they would have gone out of business.
+1
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 AM
pete ullman

i used to own a bunch of ebay stock...but I sold it all off a year or two ago because of all of the stupid little changes they were making that affected me(a 1 celled organism) as a seller...I figured they were going to run the business into the ground.

Fast forward to present day...the value of the stock has more than doubled since I sold...so I can only assume what they are doing is increasing their profitability...which is all they care about!

They may appear dumb to us...but obviously they know what they are doing to remain profitable!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Steven

Peter, thats crazy the stock has doubled! I only buy bb cards on ebay so my perspective is very skewed. I feel that ebay is becoming obsolete for vintage bb cards and eventually most of that business will go to all the upspringing auction house...it has become scary to sell on the bay.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Mark Fox

From what I have been able to gather is that the ability to leave negative feedback was being abused by many and too often became a tool of “he said – she said” where a buyer would post perhaps a truthfully negative feedback about a seller, only to have the seller, out of spite, reply with a similar negative feedback or vice versa. Users were becoming hesitant to report negatively, even if the transaction warranted negative feedback in fear of a reprisal in the form of a false negative. The feedback system was severely flawed in this respect and I don’t know how else they could have addressed the issue.

My guess is Ebay figured the Seller’s rating was more important than a buyers. As a buyer, what is one of the first things you do when looking at and thinking about bidding on an item? You look at seller’s rating, feedback and history. This happens with almost every transaction from a buyers standpoint, it certainly does for me as a buyer. Especially in regards to the autograph side of our hobby where a sellers rating and track record is extremely important. But how many sellers take the time to investigate the rating and feedback of each and every bidder to see if they have negative feedback or a previous un-paid auction win? My guess is very very few. My guess is that sellers rarely, if ever, utilize a buyers feedback during the auction to reject a bid based on feedback, rating or their history. As a result a buyer’s rating, feedback and history is much less relevant and important to Ebay than the seller’s is.

Ebay keeps track of buyers who don’t pay when you as a seller report them. I’m not sure how many “did not pay” instances a buyer is allowed but I wouldn’t think it would be many.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 AM
pete ullman

Default The proof is in the pudding!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EBAY-weekly.jpg (19.5 KB, 210 views)
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

What drives Ebay then?

ebay1.JPG

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 AM
pete ullman

Nice Pete...T206 talk does!!!!!!

Last edited by ullmandds; 08-16-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Rich
R1ch Sm1th

I've been buying and selling on eBay since the late 1990s. I was there before it was mainstream, and have ridden the waves ever since. While I may not agree with their current philosophy, I'm still hooked on the peer to peer aspect that still exists. They can take away features, make constant changes, and discourage small time sellers. But in the end there are guys like me that come back because of the very nature of the site. It's still one guy buying from either an individual or shop. It's stuff I wouldn't have access to otherwise.

I guess it's one of those "I don't care how the sausage is made, I just want it to taste good" things.

Rich
Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 AM
pete ullman

rich...I agree...I still use it...for a myriad of things...not just bb cards...it is still "king"...no other auction site comes close?!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Ken McMillan

I recently sold some stuff on eBay (mainly not sports related) and was a little concerned about what feedback the generally flaky buyers would leave. Emailed and did everything correctly on shipping. A little over half the buyers didn't leave feedback. At least I got no negatives but it really makes you question how valid the feedback system is. The only way we knew if the packages were delivered was by having delivery confirmation on them.

Kmac

Last edited by kmac32; 08-16-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
I recently sold some stuff on eBay (mainly not sports related) and was a little concerned about what feedback the generally flaky buyers would leave. Emailed and did everything correctly on shipping. A little over half the buyers didn't leave feedback. At least I got no negatives but it really makes you question how valid the feedback system is. The only way we knew if the packages were delivered was by having delivery confirmation on them.

Kmac

I've never once asked or expected feedback from buyers, but I have noticed less and less buyers are bothering to leave any.

I'll even admit, I'm much more likely (pretty close to 100% likely to leave feedback for a buyer of mine), then I am to remember to leave feedback for somebody I've bought from.

For a seller to leave feedback for a buyer, the process is actually much more streamlined and simplified then the other way around. I think once the DSR scores became a factor, buyers have been less and less inclined to take the time to bother with the extra steps of leaving a simple feedback.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Ken McMillan

When I buy, I always leave feedback. It is one way to keep track of the things I have received and things I am still waiting for. I have never asked for anyone to leave feedback, but it is implied that one should leave it. It's also a way that you can tell if things arrived in a timely fashion. Think not leaving feedback is just another indication of the"me" generation. You would think that more than 50% would leave feedback but that has not been my experience.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
When I buy, I always leave feedback. It is one way to keep track of the things I have received and things I am still waiting for. I have never asked for anyone to leave feedback, but it is implied that one should leave it. It's also a way that you can tell if things arrived in a timely fashion. Think not leaving feedback is just another indication of the"me" generation. You would think that more than 50% would leave feedback but that has not been my experience.
Ebay has basically de-incentivized feedback. It means nothing at all for a buyer to receive a feedback, since it's impossible for somebody who is strictly a buyer to fall below 100%.

Since it means nothing to them, why should they go out of their way to leave feedback for us?

Not saying it's right, it just is what it is...........and it is what Ebay has made itself into. Don't think it's a sign of the times, just Ebay.