NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: your vote - u can vote for each for or against
Rose in the HOF 119 65.38%
Rose NOT in the HOF 60 32.97%
Jackson in the HOF 117 64.29%
Jackson NOT in the HOF 54 29.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default POLL - Rose & Jackson

OK lets say the commish waves his magic stick and lets rose and Jackson get voted on for the HOF. (not that it should be his call as the HOF is its own separate entity, but that's a different debate)

If you had a vote would you vote yes or no for rose and / or Jackson???
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Tom Prince

Well, anyone who thinks that the extremely unsavory guys that Pete Rose was probably in bed with when he was managing and gambling never asked him to make the Reds lose on purpose (something he could very much control) should think again. And I do wonder how many of us that think Rose should be in the Hall because of his playing career alone would change our minds if we knew he threw games on purpose to make a few bucks. Still, I would love to give Pete the benefit of the doubt and let him in.

Joe Jackson admitted his involvement. Granted he played well nonetheless. Still, I'm not sure any of us can view Joe Jackson thru the proper lens. None of us have any attachment to the treachery he was a part of. How did white sox fans view those guys after the truth came out? Would they be rushing JJ into the Hall after throwing their WS? Betraying an entire fan base... I love my CJ Jackson, and he was a great hitter, but I feel like he messed up, and oh well. ..
Old 03-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Jackson took money to throw the World Series. End of story as far as I am concerned. No HOF.

Ross bet on his team to win as a manager. A seasoned investigator could not find more. The rest is speculation. I'd allow the Veterans Committee to vote on him. Personally I'd put him in as a player. He was one of the toughest gamest players I ever saw.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-18-2015, 11:36 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Jackson took money to throw the World Series. End of story as far as I am concerned. No HOF.

Ross bet on his team to win as a manager. A seasoned investigator could not find more. The rest is speculation. I'd allow the Veterans Committee to vote on him. Personally I'd put him in as a player. He was one of the toughest gamest players I ever saw.
He bet as a player as well. The Dowd report starts with bets in 1985.

Quote:
Peters testified that he took bets from Gioiosa and Pete Rose during the period from late 1984 to late 1986, when he stopped taking Rose's action.[41] He stated that Pete Rose bet on professional football, college basketball, and Major League baseball.[42] He specifically stated that Pete Rose bet on Major League baseball games in 1985, 1986 and 1987, including games played by the Cincinnati Reds while Pete Rose was both a player and manager:

If my child is told they will go to time out for doing something. Then they do it, but because they flip out at the idea of going to time out I don't enforce the punishment I have now opened up the flood gates for that child to take advantage of my rules as well as his/her siblings. The same is true if the commissioner reinstates Rose at this point. You just can't do it because it sets a bad precedence for every rule violator from now on.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 PM
John Harrell

I think the sign in every MLB clubhouse says it all. If I had a vote I don't let Rose in.

John