NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2017, 08:38 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default How about posting some T205 back Runs

Well, we have seen numerous T206 back Runs. It's time to show off some T205 back Runs.

So, I'll start this show with my near complete John Lobert run......

. . .
... . ..

I still need the POLAR BEAR back of Lobert to complete this run. Hey guys, any help here is greatly appreciated.

And, although it has yet to be confirmed, I expect Lobert with a DRUM back will eventually appear (to complete the A - B - C - D connection).

American Litho printed T205 cards with considerably less tobacco backs than the T206's. T205 back Runs should be fairly easy to put together.
But of course, the exception being those T205's printed with DRUM or HINDU backs.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 10-19-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Dan Bl@u

I know this isn't exactly a back run since it's different players, but I'm putting together a set with at least one of every possible back example. So far I'm at 13/17....missing the hard ones, of course.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:30 AM

I bet Ken could post some nice Cubs player runs since, in a pretty darn short amount of time, he is closing in on a master set of T205 Cubbies. No pressure, just saying...

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 10-19-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Marc S.

I don't have a run, but this T205 Paskert certainly has an unusual Broadleaf back:

Old 10-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default How about posting some T205 back Runs

Only 15 % of the subjects in the T205 set were printed with the DRUM back. American Lithographic printed exactly 32 - T205 subjects with DRUM backs.
We know this based on a T-brand pattern presented 3 years ago on this forum......http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=t205+hindu

A = B = C = D connection

The key factor in this A = B = C = D equation is the Black American Beauty back. Note that T205 subjects with the Green American Beauty back will NOT
be found with a DRUM back.

T205 DRUM checklist......32 subjects

James Austin
John Bates
Beals Becker
George Bell
William Bergen
Russell Blackburne
Albert Bridwell
Mordecai Brown
Harold Chase (border on shirt)
Frank Corridon
Thomas Downey
Louis Evans
George Graham (blue signature)
Buck Herzog
Richard Hoblitzell
Miller Huggins
Jack Knight
A. Latham
Thomas Leach
John Lobert

Briscoe Lord
Patrick Moran
Frederick Olmstead
George Paskert
Fred Payne
Edward Phelps
John Quinn
Lewis Richie
David Shean
George Stone
Zach Wheat
Harry Wolter

The above 5 names in bold have yet to be confirmed with a DRUM back. However, they already have been confirmed with the A - B - C pattern.
Therefore, I expect these 5 subjects will eventually be discovered with the DRUM back.

This list is posted here for those of you doing T205 back Runs. In my opinion, T205's with DRUM backs are tougher to find than T206's with DRUM backs.
So, you T205 "back-Runners" beware

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 10-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I bet Ken could post some nice Cubs player runs since, in a pretty darn short amount of time, he is closing in on a master set of T205 Cubbies. No pressure, just saying...

Brian
I definitely can but I am back east at this moment.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Jay

Ted, do you know why T205s seem to be less back sensitive than T206s? For instance some of the tougher but not impossibly tough backs (Cycle, American Beauty) often don't sell for much of a premium.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206kid View Post
Ted, do you know why T205s seem to be less back sensitive than T206s? For instance some of the tougher but not impossibly tough backs (Cycle, American Beauty) often don't sell for much of a premium.
Ted probably knows more but The demand isn't as high for the T205 backs as it is for the T206 backs. Here is a run I used to own...

Old 10-20-2017, 11:50 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Simply because there is no Honus Wagner or Eddie Plank in the set. That sums it up. More collectors means better and stronger prices. Since the T206 set is very well know because of Wagner most everything in the set gets more attention.

Cycles are a common back anyway and should not get any premium at all(except the SP's). They are just as popular as a PB back. This is based on my collection of Cycles and availability.

AB's on the other hand I have a soft spot for. I would love to say they carry a great premium but they don't unless its a super high grade or super tough FB combo like a AB Green Evers or a Barger with B on Cap.

I hope this helps

Member since 2009
Old 10-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Travis Bid.ner

Quote:

I would think it has to do with the backs themselves. T206 have more artwork with a full ad on the back. T205's have a very small ad with little to no artwork. I don't collect t205's but do collect t206. Just my opinion

Also would like to add a few AMERICAN BEAUTIES
350 frame,no frame and/or 460