NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
Here in PA, it's do me 'a solid'. But I'm sure it's different elsewhere where 'yinz' are from. There's a reason why the way that I talk is called Pittsburghese.
Jersey guy I know says do me THE solid. I guess both are acceptable.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:50 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Jersey guy I know says do me THE solid. I guess both are acceptable.
The origin and etymology of the phrase “do me a solid” is from the popular show Seinfeld, where it was used by Kramer in the episode titled “The Jacket”. You may have also heard the term being used by Hank in the popular show “Breaking Bad”. (copied from google)

I think that this one is just behind the big Pop vs Soda debate, which if it has the same geographical fault line, is right smack dab in the middle of PA.

Are we enough off topic now to lock down this thread?

Last edited by wilkiebaby11; 04-24-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
More importantly, is correct usage do me A solid or do me THE solid?

Burkett naturally is to blame for the 9 dollars.
What do I know? At some point there was an indication above my post that the card sold for $75.

I don't believe I have ever dealt with either party and did not take sides.

Carry on, while I check the expiration date on my degree in mathematics.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:06 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I didn't even look at the card before buying, just figured I should set a record on VCP. Never done that before. But since I don't subscribe to VCP, I guess I don't know if I did in the past... thanks for letting me get a cool card that I hear is a PSA 6 and well-centered.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
What do I know? At some point there was an indication above my post that the card sold for $75.

I don't believe I have ever dealt with either party and did not take sides.

Carry on, while I check the expiration date on my degree in mathematics.
Two teams tied, 29-29. Who won?
Old 04-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I dont know where the $9 or $8 are coming from. I wanted to snipe it at $66, VCP was $68 at the time. The card ended at $114 with me as the winner. I'm no mathematician, actually yes I am, but the difference is $48. I felt that it was significant enough, given the card, that I could at least ask Robert for the favor. I thought it wouldn't hurt. (Boy, was I 100% wrong. Proof through this ongoing thread)
I feel like a broken record. VCP should be thrown out the window on this card!! You want the card for $66? I can sell you one that is centered 95/5. You got a sliver of white on the left hand side. That is your $66 card. The cards that are even REMOTELY centered (58/42 or better), ARE NOT selling for VCP average!!!! VCP average can get a lot of people in trouble. If a card looks 2 grades nicer than the grade, are you still gonna be hung up on VCP average??? I hope you do, because that allows me to win a super looking card for a song!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:38 PM
Dan Be$$e++e

Most importantly, why is that stupid Incredible Hulk graphic next to my name now?!?
Old 04-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBesse27 View Post
Most importantly, why is that stupid Incredible Hulk graphic next to my name now?!?
Ahhhh..the troll from the PSA boards.....welcome....life would be so incomplete without your two cents.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Madness, IMHO.
This made me laugh
Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Daryl

Seeing that soda map might have made all of this worth it.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:50 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I feel like a broken record. VCP should be thrown out the window on this card!! You want the card for $66? I can sell you one that is centered 95/5. You got a sliver of white on the left hand side. That is your $66 card. The cards that are even REMOTELY centered (58/42 or better), ARE NOT selling for VCP average!!!! VCP average can get a lot of people in trouble. If a card looks 2 grades nicer than the grade, are you still gonna be hung up on VCP average??? I hope you do, because that allows me to win a super looking card for a song!
Robert,
I completely agree. A card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You had the card up as a BIN and nobody bought it at $90. Intuition would tell me then that is would sell at auction for... A) more than $90 or B) less than $90? By just that, $66 seems more reasonable of an outcome than $114.

So there are obviously a lot of factors that go into the selling price of a card. I was hoping to get lucky. Nobody wanted it at $90, so I was hoping the maybe $66 would do it. Go figure that the card then goes for $114.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Dan Be$$e++e

Quote:
Ahhhh..the troll from the PSA boards.....welcome....life would be so incomplete without your two cents.
Wait a minute, that makes me a troll? I thought it was a legitimate question. I leave Net54 for a few days, I come back, and now I've got that graphic next to my name. I don't know how it got there, nor how to get rid of it. If anybody (Leon?) knows how to get rid of it, please pm me. Thanks!

Edit: wait, now it's gone. Maybe it was my phone? Has anybody else experienced this??

Last edited by DBesse27; 04-24-2016 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Confused by technology
Old 04-24-2016, 07:53 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
VCP should be thrown out the window on this card!! You want the card for $66? I can sell you one that is centered 95/5. You got a sliver of white on the left hand side. That is your $66 card.
Actually no, you can't sell me a $66 PSA 6 with 95/5 centering. PSA standards wouldn't allow such a card in a 6, technically speaking, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Last edited by wilkiebaby11; 04-24-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Seeing that soda map might have made all of this worth it.
In Boston, sodas are (or were anyhow) called tonics.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Robert Williams

Look at completed listings for 1961 Juan Marichal PSA 6's. This would be a fun project because APPARENTLY not everyone here is a seasoned collector. Don't even bother looking at VCP. Look at the completed history one's currently on Ebay. The ones that are selling for $66 and under - what do they have in common?? Shoot, there was even a couple of $80's that fit that same criteria, but those were BIN's by some patient sellers (maybe even 707, who knows). Now look at the ones that sold for $90 and up. What common theme do they have????

I'm speaking tongue in cheek of course, but with some half truth thrown in. Get off the Juan Marichal. Look at Bob Gibson's rookie if that will help. Anytime you see a lower graded card sell for more than a higher graded card, or hell, even cards within the same grade, CENTERING is what makes the price difference!

It is not even my favorite quality of a card, but to the MAJORITY of collectors, CENTERING is boss! I'm sorry you felt like you got cheated according to VCP average. I am just explaining why you can throw VCP average out for certain cards. Carry on.....
Old 04-24-2016, 08:03 PM
Robert Williams

Here is current one running you should be able to win for your price range....seriously....good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUAN-MARICHA...sAAOSwKfVXF-Lf

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 04-24-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:11 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Look at completed listings for 1961 Juan Marichal PSA 6's. This would be a fun project because APPARENTLY not everyone here is a seasoned collector. Don't even bother looking at VCP. Look at the completed history one's currently on Ebay. The ones that are selling for $66 and under - what do they have in common?? Shoot, there was even a couple of $80's that fit that same criteria, but those were BIN's by some patient sellers (maybe even 707, who knows). Now look at the ones that sold for $90 and up. What common theme do they have????

I'm speaking tongue in cheek of course, but with some half truth thrown in. Get off the Juan Marichal. Look at Bob Gibson's rookie if that will help. Anytime you see a lower graded card sell for more than a higher graded card, or hell, even cards within the same grade, CENTERING is what makes the price difference!

It is not even my favorite quality of a card, but to the MAJORITY of collectors, CENTERING is boss! I'm sorry you felt like you got cheated according to VCP average. I am just explaining why you can throw VCP average out for certain cards. Carry on.....
Again... I completely agree... You keep missing my point because you are infatuated with 'throwing VCP out the door'.

Let's go ahead and throw VCP out the door!!!!!!!! Now we are the same side! Yay! Here's the scenerio then:
Your card doesn't sell for $90 as BIN. Would it then not make sense that card would then sell for less than $90?? Let's make that strong assumption. So any price under $90 seems that it could win.
$89 could win and seems more likely than $91.
$88 could win and seems more likely than $92.
$87 could win and seems more likely than $93.
continue doing this....
$66 could win and seems more likely than $114.

Wow!!! I love when math works out... PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!

There are other assumptions in play like sale prices being normally distributed and the residual of errors assumptions, but no need to dive into that.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:12 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Here is current one running you should be able to win for your price range....seriously....good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUAN-MARICHA...sAAOSwKfVXF-Lf

To use your words... not mine: "APPARENTLY not everyone here is a seasoned collector." because that is, by definition, not 95/5 centering.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:53 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
You keep missing my point...
Steve, you missed my point too, or perhaps you didn't see my post. There was still an under bidder in this auction that was willing to pay up to $111.50.

How do you overlook that point?

Edited for clarification. They say something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. In this case, the card is worth $111.50 because that is what the under bidder was willing to pay for it.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 04-24-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:47 PM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoriano View Post
Steve - what is your eBay name so I can block you?

Turn.er E.ngle
Nice
Old 04-25-2016, 03:42 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Steve, you missed my point too, or perhaps you didn't see my post. There was still an under bidder in this auction that was willing to pay up to $111.50.

How do you overlook that point?

Edited for clarification. They say something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. In this case, the card is worth $111.50 because that is what the under bidder was willing to pay for it.
Exactly David. Other people do a much better job at explaining things than me. It seems like they see my name, and they automatically see red. I could post what a fine woman Mother Theresa was, and some members on here would be furious!

The whole auction was ruined because Steve got so hung up on VCP average and his wish not to pay a huge multiple over average. There are actually about 4 bidders willing to pay over VCP average due to the semi decent centering on a card that is notoriously off centered. I would like to give a sincere thanks to Swarmee for purchasing the card, apparently sight unseen. I hope he isn't disappointed.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

As a seller, one is either holding to the tenet of 'a sale is a sale' or is allowing for some wiggle room based on circumstances. It seems as if the seller is holding to the former and simply trying to clarify (justify?) his position with subsequent statements about the sale. The seller is perfectly within his rights to do so.

Now if you allow for wiggle room, the first question in my mind would be "Did the buyer make and honest mistake or is it just a case of buyer's remorse?" If it was an honest mistake, I personally would let it slide (but that's just me). In this case it would seem reasonable (again, to me) that a $666 snipe on a card that never sold over $100 in the past would tend toward the side of 'mistake' rather than 'remorse'.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
As a seller, one is either holding to the tenet of 'a sale is a sale' or is allowing for some wiggle room based on circumstances. It seems as if the seller is holding to the former and simply trying to clarify (justify?) his position with subsequent statements about the sale. The seller is perfectly within his rights to do so.

Now if you allow for wiggle room, the first question in my mind would be "Did the buyer make and honest mistake or is it just a case of buyer's remorse?" If it was an honest mistake, I personally would let it slide (but that's just me). In this case it would seem reasonable (again, to me) that a $666 snipe on a card that never sold over $100 in the past would tend toward the side of 'mistake' rather than 'remorse'.
The card HAS sold over $100. If he made a sniping error, why didn't he correct it, or cancel the snipe? You have up until 3 minutes until the auction closes to do so.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Two teams tied, 29-29. Who won?
Any Harvard person worth a lick knows that it was obviously the Crimson who won!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harv.jpg (77.8 KB, 267 views)
Old 04-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Dan Be$$e++e

Quote:
The card HAS sold over $100. If he made a sniping error, why didn't he correct it, or cancel the snipe? You have up until 3 minutes until the auction closes to do so.
Bobbi, Steve already explained that he DIDN'T REALIZE he typed in the wrong snipe. How, then, can he be expected to fix it before the auction ends? Do you often correct mistakes you don't know you've made?

You are right that he committed to buying it and you would have been well within your rights to force the sale. But stick to those facts. That's your strongest argument. When you say silly things like that he should have corrected his snipe, you just hurt your other, more valid points. Steve says he didn't realize there was a typo in the snipe.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:16 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Asked, and answered. And very reasonable, IMO. I usually 'set and forget' my snipes as well, and HAVE made mistakes when I'm setting a bunch at one time. Now generally I will review (and correct) those when I am done setting them, and maybe the OP should have double-checked when he set them as well. But I don't usually monitor them once they've been set and many times, have no idea when the auction has ended until I get that little 'dink dink' on my phone.

Sorry if I misunderstood that it HAD sold for over $100. What was the high sale price (ballpark sale price is fine)? $200? $500? That price would influence my view on his 'mistake'.

I'm just confused why you are assuming some nefarious excuse by the buyer. Maybe it's 'once bitten, twice shy'? Or just our different outlooks?
Old 04-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Sorry if I misunderstood that it HAD sold for over $100. What was the high sale price (ballpark sale price is fine)? $200? $500? That price would influence my view on his 'mistake'.
The high before mine was $105. I had an underbidder bid $111.50
Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
You are right that he committed to buying it and you would have been well within your rights to force the sale. But stick to those facts. That's your strongest argument. When you say silly things like that he should have corrected his snipe, you just hurt your other, more valid points. Steve says he didn't realize there was a typo in the snipe.
These are the kinds of things I notice as well, but it's just my 'logical dominant' side though, I assume.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
The high before mine was $105. I had an underbidder bid $111.50
Ahhhh... that is SO much closer to $666 than I realized.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Ahhhh... that is SO much closer to $666 than I realized.
Exactly!!! It was nowhere near his "monumental" snipe. It was actually closer in line to where it should sell for. If he doesn't bid, the underbidder wins it for $102.50. Not the record high, but it would have sold over $100 as well. The card market is heating up. It trips me out when people quote "VCP averages" like that is written in stone! I am sorry, but for certain key rookies, especially centered key rookies, you can throw VCP out the window. The card market is the hottest thing going now, and new players don't give a damn about VCP average!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:02 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Bobby sold the card to another board member.

Situation over.

Do you guys really still have to continue to be aholes?
Old 04-25-2016, 10:09 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Exactly!!! It was nowhere near his "monumental" snipe. It was actually closer in line to where it should sell for. If he doesn't bid, the underbidder wins it for $102.50. Not the record high, but it would have sold over $100 as well. The card market is heating up. It trips me out when people quote "VCP averages" like that is written in stone! I am sorry, but for certain key rookies, especially centered key rookies, you can throw VCP out the window. The card market is the hottest thing going now, and new players don't give a damn about VCP average!
Understood. But we're using this price for 2 different reasons. Mine was to point out that the $666 snipe bid was a mistake. Yours to indicate that it affected the (possible) sale price of the card.

You also keep insisting that if it wasn't intentional, then why didn't Steve change it before the snipe kicked in. Based on the sale prices and what it WOULD have sold for to the under bidder in your auction, are you STILL claiming that the $666 snipe bid was intentional?

If you still claim it was intentional, then I can't help you with that. But if you can admit it was a mistake on the buyer's part, then all that remains is what you do with the seller since he made a mistake.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
are you STILL claiming that the $666 snipe bid was intentional?
I have no idea if that is true or not. His snipe might have only been $130. Anyone can claim anything. I just know what I saw and how it affected me.

Let's give the Marichal a rest guys....like David says....another board member bought the card. Everyone should be happy. The card market is the hottest it has been in years!! Everyone bask in the sun while the clouds are at bay (while we can).

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 04-25-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:20 AM
pete ullman

gee...this is one of the most exciting threads to come about in a while...selling non vintage cards on the front page. wow, Leon...perhaps you should have sold the board when value was high!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Dan Be$$e++e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
gee...this is one of the most exciting threads to come about in a while...selling non vintage cards on the front page. wow, Leon...perhaps you should have sold the board when value was high!
Pete, I have tons of respect for you, and I understand why you'd be annoyed this is in the pre war section. But are you really calling 61 Topps "non vintage"? Just clarifying, because I've always thought the early 60s were vintage
Old 04-25-2016, 10:29 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
I have no idea if that is true or not. His snipe might have only been $130. Anyone can claim anything. I just know what I saw and how it affected me.

Let's give the Marichal a rest guys....like David says....another board member bought the card. Everyone should be happy. The card market is the hottest it has been in years!! Everyone bask in the sun while the clouds are at bay (while we can).
A screenshot should have sufficed, as I don't think you can change the snipe after the auction is closed. I know I can't change it after the auction is closed on what I use.

Done here. And my sincere apologies for forcing anyone to read this thread who didn't want to.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:33 AM
Peter Spaeth

This is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 970627_t607.jpg (52.9 KB, 247 views)
Old 04-25-2016, 10:33 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Pete, I have tons of respect for you, and I understand why you'd be annoyed this is in the pre war section. But are you really calling 61 Topps "non vintage"? Just clarifying, because I've always thought the early 60s were vintage
sorry I misspoke...sure I'll call early 60's vintage...seeing as technically 2014 cards are vintage too.

my point being this is the pre war side of the board...where typically pre wwII cards are discussed...as well as sales not being allowed. SO..this "discussion"/sale should not be here. This is my point.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:34 AM
pete ullman

[QUOTE=Peter_Spaeth;1531619]This is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friend.[/QUOT

and seriously...lambchop?????? now this thread really needs to be moved/closed down!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

[QUOTE=ullmandds;1531622]
Quote:
This is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friend.[/QUOT

and seriously...lambchop?????? now this thread really needs to be moved/closed down!
Yep. It's similar to the Hitler rule, but kinder and gentler.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:38 AM
Robert Williams

[QUOTE=ullmandds;1531622]
Quote:
This is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friend.[/QUOT

With this much excitement, do I really want to get out of Dodge now???? I think everyone convinced me to stay!
Old 04-25-2016, 11:01 AM
Geordie Calvert

[QUOTE=bobbyw8469;1531625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post

With this much excitement, do I really want to get out of Dodge now???? I think everyone convinced me to stay!
Which was your play all along. Start a "look at me" thread (on the wrong board, but then you wouldn't have gotten the attention you craved), have something blow up in your face, play the victim, extol your cards as amazing examples for the grade and therefore worthy of lofty prices, attack those who disagree with you, play the victim some more, interpret any possible comment as vindication of your view of events, and then stick around like nothing happened.

I'll save you the time now...

signed,
another troll from CU
Old 04-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Robert Williams

[QUOTE=TNP777;1531634]
Quote:
Which was your play all along. Start a "look at me" thread (on the wrong board, but then you wouldn't have gotten the attention you craved), have something blow up in your face, play the victim, extol your cards as amazing examples for the grade and therefore worthy of lofty prices, attack those who disagree with you, play the victim some more, interpret any possible comment as vindication of your view of events, and then stick around like nothing happened.

signed,
another troll from CU
Nope...and yes...you are a troll.....Im glad you admit it. Cause everyone else already knows.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Ben North

[QUOTE=TNP777;1531634]
Quote:

signed,
another troll from CU
+1 Have to give him props for getting away with putting a for sale thread in the prewar section selling postwar and modern cards though.

He should be working for PSA in their advertising department with those skills.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:12 AM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
I was hoping this thread would die...

Robert,
Snipes are meant to NOT watch the item until the end. If I were watching it, I would have just bid on it. You set a snipe, then hope it wins, without you being there. It's automated for a reason, so that I dont have to be there in person. That's pretty much the definition of a snipe, so I continue to be baffled why you can't understand this concept and feel that I should have been watching this item until it's auction end. When I got the email that I had won a PSA 6 Marichal for $114, I knew something was wrong and messaged you immediately.
Had I seen the incorrect snipe, I WOULD HAVE CHANGED IT. And like I said before, not all sniping services have the same time deadline. GavelSnipe, for instance, wont let you make changes within 10 minutes of the auctions end.

I'll say it again... Had I seen the incorrect snipe, I WOULD HAVE CHANGED IT. I obviously didnt. Yes, I ruined your auction, and I have apologized. All that I asked from you, when I privately messaged you, was for some sort of empathy for my situation and mistake. You didnt have to obliged (and you didnt).

Up until this point, I was in the wrong. I have never denied that. After that though, making this small private matter into a big public display, was all on you. At that point, you were in the wrong.

But two wrongs obviously dont make a right... and here we are.

Everyone else,
Can we kill this thread yet?
Old 04-25-2016, 11:13 AM
pete ullman

[QUOTE=bnorth;1531638]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post

+1 Have to give him props for getting away with putting a for sale thread in the prewar section selling postwar and modern cards though.

He should be working for PSA in their advertising department with those skills.
totally!
Old 04-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Robert Williams

[QUOTE=ullmandds;1531640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

totally!
Nope...Im leaving. Sold my personal collection. That should tell you something. Still selling stuff. If I took a picture of all the crap I accumulated after years of being in the hobby, it would blow your mind (or maybe not....maybe everyone else is a hoarder like me). It would take me literally a year or more just to unload everything, and that is working everyday, 7 days a week. I will miss some people in here. The assholes (you know who you are) not so much.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:09 PM
$téve VV1lk

rescinding this post, just so this thing can die. It was a screen grab of my snipe, but it really doesn't bring any resolution to all of this, so I'm removing it.

Last edited by wilkiebaby11; 04-25-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Any Harvard person worth a lick knows that it was obviously the Crimson who won!
And any Yale person worth a lick (including the now-ancient Dr. Frank B from that very 1968 class) knows that Yale lost. The headline from which the documentary takes its title is, IMO, right up there with some of the classics such as "Reds' Brezh Dead."

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-25-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
The origin and etymology of the phrase “do me a solid” is from the popular show Seinfeld, where it was used by Kramer in the episode titled “The Jacket”. You may have also heard the term being used by Hank in the popular show “Breaking Bad”. (copied from google)

I think that this one is just behind the big Pop vs Soda debate, which if it has the same geographical fault line, is right smack dab in the middle of PA.

Are we enough off topic now to lock down this thread?

I was hoping for a POLL. See how many of us drink Coke vs Pepsi??
or much like the Mtn Dew one: Baja Blast or Pitch Black
I sure could use a cold one right now, my dog too!