NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

AustimMike, your table format did not come through. You might try doing a screen cap of the table, cropping it, and posting it as a photo.
Yeah, I noticed when I did the "Preview Post." I tried putting tabs in to format it properly and that didn't work. I took your advice and have attached the list as a jpg.

Repeating from my previous post, these are 8 by 10 Yankee photo sets. The "1955" set has "Ross Photo Service, Inc." in the lower left corner and the 1961 set is from Manny's Baseball Land.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (89.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 12-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Yeah, I noticed when I did the "Preview Post." I tried putting tabs in to format it properly and that didn't work. I took your advice and have attached the list as a jpg.

Repeating from my previous post, these are 8 by 10 Yankee photo sets. The "1955" set has "Ross Photo Service, Inc." in the lower left corner and the 1961 set is from Manny's Baseball Land.
I am so so confused now. None of these match the one I have.

Mine is:

Bob Turley
Gil McDougald
Bill Skowron
Larry Berra
Hank Bauer
Andy Carey
Elston Howard
Casey Stengel
Mickey Mantle
Whitey Ford
Don Larsen
Tony Kubek

Is this a 57-59?
Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM

The important point is The set you have is complete and accurate and you have the envelope. I also have that exact set and have seen it around. The only issue is the year which will remain a mystery unless a star witness out of perry mason comes forward to settle this.

i will do a follow up on that checklist request as soon as I can.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:58 PM
pete ullman

Very Nice! I have a more recent similar set...but no envelope. That'd have made a super dooper xmas give away for a true yankee fan!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
I am so so confused now. None of these match the one I have.

Mine is:

Bob Turley
Gil McDougald
Bill Skowron
Larry Berra
Hank Bauer
Andy Carey
Elston Howard
Casey Stengel
Mickey Mantle
Whitey Ford
Don Larsen
Tony Kubek

Is this a 57-59?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Very Nice! I have a more recent similar set...but no envelope. That'd have made a super dooper xmas give away for a true yankee fan!!!!!

Sorry but I need to pay my mortgage somehow!!!

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 12-05-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:41 PM

Here is some info on the 6 x 9 sets. I am very certain these are accurate and complete. The 1956 set I have is identical to SCD listing and I also have the rizzuto for a total of 23 photos. Becketts list this set at 24 includingEddie Robinson and rizzuto as part of this set. I have the Robinson photo but I think it is from one of those all star game photo packs issued in the 50's as the photo is so slightly larger than the other 23 in the Yankees set. The other times I have come across this Yankees set they never have the Robinson in the set. The set I purchased did not have the Robinson photo in it but did have the rizzuto.

1959 New York Yankees photographs. Sixteen photo set. Bauer. Berra Carey. Ditmar ford. Howard Kucks . Kubek. Larsen. Mantle. McDougald. Richardson. Slaughter. Skowron. Stengel. Turley. The envelope is white with 1959 New York Yankees photographs. . . Printed in blue. There are two versions of the envelope but say the same thing.

1960 set has fourteen photos. Berra. Carey. Ditmar. Duren. Ford. Howard. Kubek . Mantle. McDougald. Richardson. Shantz. Skowron. Stengel. Turley. The envelope is white with blue print. "1960 New York Yankees photographs"
Old 12-05-2017, 05:38 PM

Some info on the 8 x 10 On the sets you posted I have the sets you referenced as 1953,1956,1960 and 1961 Manny's . I have the envelope for the 1956 and 1960 sets.

The set I have including the envelope missing from your listing is Bauer. Berra. Carey. Collins. Ford. Howard. McDougald. Mantle. Martin. Rizzuto. Skowron. Turley. I have another set including the envelope of the same group of players just mentioned. This set I do not believe is authentic as two of the photos have different paper stock.

I then have the set that started this thread. As noted I have the "alternate" set with the group photo of Casey and the coaches Replacing the solo shot of Casey.

Regarding your 1953 set mine came with a Gerry Coleman for a total of 13. I had doubts this photo was part of the set as the pose is a studio portrait. It seemed out of place. Same paper stock though.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Michael

Thanks Mike.

Here's my listing of 6 by 9 sets. I actually have four and not three. I included the 1961 set (Champion Set, could be 1962) even though it is not 6 by 9, it is 5 by 7, the typical size of Jay's sets, but unlike Jay's sets, the photos are not close-ups, but more like the "Action Photo" sets. Lastly, I've attached photos of the 1959 and 1960 envelopes. I have the envelope for the 1956 set, but it doesn't show the year and the year is a guess on my part. No envelope for the 1958 set (another guess on the year on my part).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1959 Yankees photo set envelope.jpg (72.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 6by9.jpg (75.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Yankees photo set envelope.jpg (76.4 KB, 108 views)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesplace30 View Post
Some info on the 8 x 10 On the sets you posted I have the sets you referenced as 1953,1956,1960 and 1961 Manny's . I have the envelope for the 1956 and 1960 sets.

The set I have including the envelope missing from your listing is Bauer. Berra. Carey. Collins. Ford. Howard. McDougald. Mantle. Martin. Rizzuto. Skowron. Turley. I have another set including the envelope of the same group of players just mentioned. This set I do not believe is authentic as two of the photos have different paper stock.

I then have the set that started this thread. As noted I have the "alternate" set with the group photo of Casey and the coaches Replacing the solo shot of Casey.

Regarding your 1953 set mine came with a Gerry Coleman for a total of 13. I had doubts this photo was part of the set as the pose is a studio portrait. It seemed out of place. Same paper stock though.
The difference between what I have as 1956 and your set that I don't have is that mine has Larsen and yours has Rizzuto. Both sets have Howard and Turley. The first year they played for the Yankees is 1955 so neither of those sets can be earlier than that. Rizzuto last played for the Yankees in 1956 so the sets with Rizzuto probably aren't after 1956. Larsen also first played for the Yankees in 1955 but didn't become prominent until the 1956 World Series. So I wouldn't place the sets with Larsen any earlier than 1956. I would like to place sets with Larsen after 1956 but he is included in the 1956 Jay's sets. The difference between what I have listed as 1955 (with Ross Photo Service in the lower left corner) and the set you have that I don't have is mine has Grim and yours has Martin. Again, both have Howard and Turley so they can't be earlier than 1955. Martin was traded from the Yankees on June 15, 1957 so the sets with him probably aren't after 1957. Grim was traded, weird as it is, on June 15, 1958, so sets with him probably aren't after 1958. Stephen's set has Kubek who started playing with the Yankees in 1957 so sets with him can't be before 1957. Larsen last played for the Yankees in 1959 so the set can't be after that. Collins last played for the Yankees in 1957 and seemed to be a mainstay of sets up to and including 1957. Stephen's set doesn't have Collins so it is probably from either 1958 or 1959. So I suppose it's more likely that Stephen's set is from either 1958 or 1959. What I have listed as 1956 is probably 1957 and yours is probably 1955 or 1956. What I have as 1955 could be either 1955 or 1956. Clear as mud?