NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default SGC cards labeled Nagy Collection

Posted By: cmoking

I noticed in the Mastro auction, some (maybe all?) of the Nagy cards that were graded by SGC is labeled "Nagy Collection". Questions:

1. Has SGC done this before with other names? I know PSA has done it before, but I hadn't seen SGC do it til now.

2. Does this change the value of the cards (up or down) to anyone?

Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

I prefer Nagy Collection over Mr. X Collection.

In either case it doesn't make a difference one way or another to me.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

Did PSA label the cards Mr. X collection? If so, that is horrible. But I thought it was just the seller on ebay trying to hype it up, and not actually on the label itself.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glenn

"Mr. X" was on the label, but only for a few of them.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

PSA only labeled a few cards "Mr. X Collection" - I believe the Plank and the "Magie". Still incredibly stupid, but at least they didn't label all the cards that way.

I don't have a problem with "Nagy Collection" on the label as it is the collection of a well known hobby pioneer - I wouldn't bid any more on a Nagy card than I would any other though.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

PSA labelled the Harris Collection cards I believe. I certainly wouldn't bid anymore because it came from someone collection. My E93 Wagner came from the Don McPherson (type card collector from my understanding) collection and it is trimmed, does it make it better or more value I doubt it. It just tells me he collected presentable cards.

Lee

Old 11-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I think in this case it gives a little cache to the collection because Frank Nagy was such a legendary hobby figure. It's up to bidders and the eventual owners to decide how much of a premium that may be worth.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I agree with Barry that it adds cache. Although I would love to have a card from the Nagy collection and like the idea of having it indicated on the label, I would not pay more for a card simply because of the collection it came from. And just for clarity's sake, I thought the Mr. X thing was stupid. Why would anyone care if their card came from the collection of a person who remains anonymous. Most of my collection comes from people unknown to me.
JimB