NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Rick P

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. Jimmy, the games are always on the house at my place!

Like Jimmy, I've spent most of my energy this year gathering fantastic items in areas other than sports. Generally speaking, I collect all forms of amusements from the 1930s and 1940s - movies, radio, sports, comics, toys, worlds fairs, etc. A world often imagined in black-and-white was ablaze with color and excitement, as evidenced by the artifacts of that era. Take the pinball machine for example. Consider the craftsmanship, the durability, the elaborate design, the graphic beauty - all executed to entice a fellow to spend a nickel...and that machine built to get a nickel 73 years ago still works! How can you not find that inspiring?

The results of my quest in the past year have been nothing short of breathtaking. I have posted here less frequently because most of my pickups are out of the mainstream for this forum, but I continue to share in the joy and inspiration that comes from fellow collectors strutting their stuff! Thanks to everyone who cares to share with us!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 PM

Hi Rick,

I think a lot of us here who collect baseball memorabilia also dabble in other areas, and certainly appreciate quality material of all kinds. I know I for one would love to see some of your other non-sport pickups!

Greg
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Hartland collection

[QUOTE=thekingofclout;1038877][B]Wow, WoW, and WOW! Jeez Fred, your Hartland collection is simply phenomenal. Sure would love to see close ups of all your stuff in the background of your scans. Also, the Wagner sketches are superb, and the original clay model of Hans is stunning!

Hi Jimmy:

Thanks for the compliments on the Wagner clay model and original artwork. You asked about seeing close ups of the background stuff. I posted some photos awhile back here on the Net. you can see them on the first two pages here: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=131800.

I have added some things since, but you can get an idea of how crazy I am for Hartlands. Still need the LSU lineman and a few more FB boxes as well as a few more BB cello boxes.

Also like you I am a Beatles nut. Although not photography, just the music. I have about 300 or so bootleg CD's both group and solo. Have all the US 45's in picture covers except about two solo's and maybe an early group one. Plus most of the issued LPs as well. Early fanzines, some memorabilia and lots of magazines

Fred
Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Mike Dugan

Fred I too loved the photos of your Hartlands in the earlier room thread! I do have a question. How do you dust them?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Jimmy...
Thanks much for the kind words, and I am REALLY glad you decided to forego the Babe Ruth Bust (despite the itchy palms )

Fred...
That LSU Lineman must be one impossible piece! If you don't have it, I cannot imagine who does...

There was a Hartland Collector about a decade ago (Kevin Cloutier out of New England) who I believe had one. I am sure you must know of this guy, but not sure whether he's still active in the hobby.

There was also another Collector in this Forum who collected exclusively LSU stuff. I thought he might have had one as well, and believe he was liquidating his entire collection. Perhaps someone here (more knowledgeable than me) can make the connection/referral for you.

Great stuff!
Mark
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Here are my original photo pick-ups for September: 1928 Speaker, 1929 English/Evers/Hornsby, 1934 The Deans, 1930 Hornsby and family, 1936 Billy Herman, 1941 Billy Herman.
Nice pics Mike. Here's the Speaker without the crop marks, plus another. I'll have to go home and look at the back of it - you have me curious.

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Default Mays 1965-68 GU Bat

Have been looking for one like this for a while. Mays seldom used pine tar early in his career, but in there 60's he his bats usually had a strong application. This bat has some excellent use as well as Mays' number on the knob and deadwood as well.

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0306.jpg (87.3 KB, 320 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Matt

Nice Mays Bat. Congrats

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Rick P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
Hi Rick,

I think a lot of us here who collect baseball memorabilia also dabble in other areas, and certainly appreciate quality material of all kinds. I know I for one would love to see some of your other non-sport pickups!

Greg
Greg, I'm happy to do it. I revived the old Americana thread to keep the sports threads pure. Hope you like them!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 AM
JD

Found this at an estate auction and it went pretty much unnoticed. I don't collect vintage soccer but couldn't pass this up at such a low price. It is a large format 11x14 or so cabinet photo of the Glensbuck Cherrypickers FC. I would guess turn of the century or so. Any information on it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04398.jpg (72.8 KB, 229 views)
Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Kevin O'Gara

Default lemon peel ball

Here is a new lemon peel from ebay I picked up. High quality, Great ball to go with my other one. New one on the left 7" around. great condition. Tough ball in any cond. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010018.JPG (77.6 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg P1010019.JPG (75.9 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by khkco4bls; 09-27-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Jake

Just a little thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dukes Tobacco pouch.jpg (50.2 KB, 286 views)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

newest pickup with my fantasy winnings...I know I wanted to devote the winning to HOF rookie cards, but I could not pass this up... I'd have included a pic of the other page, however, I don't have it in hand yet, and for some reason I couldn't save that pic from ebay..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1891 Illustrated American ballplayers.JPG (31.6 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by novakjr; 10-01-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Phil Garry

Very cool, David. I have not seen that one before.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Very cool, David. I have not seen that one before.
Agree with Phil...very nice pickup and one that I have not seen as well! It's interesting that the Illustrated Americans which do come up tend to be non-woodcuts. This particular one reminds me of the 1885 Champion Baseball Players composite woodcut from Harper's.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Thanks guy. I'll get some better scans up when I get it in hand(the players are Anson, Pfeffer, Baldwin, Ewing, Glasscock, Keefe, Caruthers, Ward, Lovett, Clarkson, Hanlon and Nash)..the other page had one player(king kelly), and an article about the opening of the 1891 season.. I'm hoping they're separate pages(for display purposes), and not back to back.. assuming the page numbering would face the outside of the mag, they should be separate..

Last edited by novakjr; 10-01-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Well, it arrived. 2 pages whoooo!!! Have a nice woodcut-like appearance, but not woodcuts. Should look great framed though...Overall, I'm happy..

Last edited by novakjr; 10-05-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Phil Garry

You're right, Dave, once you hit the 1890's, woodcuts were not encountered that frequently any more, primarily prints were utilized