NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-19-2002, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: Robert

I have a question about the Red Hindu on ebay right now. It happens to be the same player that has been going around to a couple of different people. I think James was the last to sell this card on ebay. When he did he put in his description that it was laminated. It is of Josh Devore. It has been going around. I emailed this seller and asked if this card is laminated and he said no. Now my question is Red Hindu's are rare to begin with what are the odds of having two cards of the same player both with Rare Red Hindu backs come up for auction with in a month or two. And is it posible to remove the lamination. PS I also have a card that has been laminated does any one know of a way to remove the lamination? Robert http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1582282887&rd=1

Old 11-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Robert
Check with James at mastercards.com, I believe he sold several Red Hindu's which were laminated earlier this year. I don't think this is one the laminated card, but I could be wrong. Two Red Hindu Devore's showing up is not that big of a deal, I've seen 2 Scheli/ Uzit backs and 2 Jordan Drum's on Ebay this year, and they are much tougher than Red Hindu's.
later brian

Old 11-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Hi All,
I can confirm that it is not the laminated Devore because I bought it from James and have it in my possesion. It seemed like a reasonable price Gene paid for this Red Hindu considering T206 Musuem lists the back miltplier the same for a Lenox back and one recently went for $178 with back damage.

Old 11-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: runscott

Saves you the trouble of having to laminate it yourself.

Old 11-19-2002, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: Lee Behrens

After seeing how attractive the card looks being laminated and the obvious benefits of protections the lamination gives, I have been thinking of going to Office Max and having all my cards laminated. Who needs sleeves and plastic holder when lamination is available. Why wasn't this thought of before.

It's kind of fun spilling stuff on the card and wiping it clean with no ill effects, everyone should try it with there cards.

Although Scott, dogs have been known to think they are treats and want to eat them.

:-D

Old 11-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: Robert

Does any one know of a way to remove the lamination? Robert

Old 11-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Default Red Hindu

Posted By: jay behrens

Chances are, youar enot going to beable to remove it from a vintage card since the paper is genreally very porous and the plastic melts into the pores and adheres to the paper. If someone had a home lamination kit and heated only the outer edges, then you might be able to use a scissor and cut the edges off and rest falls off. I've had success in the apst removing it from modern card (1950s and more recent) but never been able to do it with a vintage cards.