NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default Premir Vintage Sports Card Seminar

Posted By: Phil Garry

Happy Holiday to ALL Board Members!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be hosting my first Premier Vintage Sports Card Seminar on Wednesday evening, December 6, 2006 at the Wood-Ridge Inn, 191 Valley Boulevard, Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075 from 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Sportscard Guaranty Company will be providing a guest speaker to discuss vintage card grading issues and answer questions. The agenda will cover the Tobacco Card era, Candy Card era, Bubble Gum era & the vintage Topps & Bowman issues. The seminar will focus primarily on Baseball but will also cover Football, Basketball & Hockey.

The Wood-Ridge Inn is a restaurant so excellent food and drinks will be available for purchase throughout the event. Cost of admission is $5.00 and includes a FREE Baseball HOF'er reprint card from either the T206 or Goudey sets. All children under 10 years old are admitted FREE with parent or guardian. If all goes well, I hope to make this a monthly event for collectors to enjoy.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or for more information.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

What a great idea! Now if we could only get you to come West!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh

Fantastic Idea.
Any plans of doing something like this at the National? If this first seminar is successful?

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Josh,

Doing something like this on a National scale would be great. I would need to make acquaintances with the people running the show. Hopefully by that time, I will have several of these local seminars under my belt and a good number of references to vouch for me.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Good luck on the seminars. Hope it works out well.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Just to remind everyone, my Premier Vintage Sports Card Seminar is coming up this Wednesday, December 6 at the Wood-Ridge Inn in Wood-Ridge, NJ. Please see me prior post for details.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Phil,

How often are these seminars given. Has turn out been favorable.

Peter

Old 12-07-2006, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Peter:

This is the first seminar that I am running. Hopefully, if all goes well tonight, it will become a monthly event.

Thank you for your interest.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 AM
Administrator

I am pleased to announce that last night's seminar was very well received by all that attended. A small group of collectors exchanged stories of how each got started in the hobby and what their favorite collecting interests are.

Scott & Michael from SGC in Parsippany were there and did a comprehensive presentation on their grading company from inception and then fielded a very informative question and answer session which was the highlight of the night for the collectors. Among the topics discussed were: how to detect counterfeit vintage cards, checking for alterations and how collectors can utilize the Graded Card Registry to improve their collections while trading with others. At the end of the evening, Scott & Michael provided each collector with an SGC quarterly magazine as well as coupons for grading specials.

Everyone enjoyed their food and sodas from the restaurant and would have loved to stay later than 9:00pm but it was a weeknight and everyone had to go to work in the morning.

Once again, thank you to all that attended and I look forward to exploring possible future events that collectors can enjoy while also learning more about the hobby.