NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Default New Thread - someone to stay away from.

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I am not going to bore you with all the facts about how this person has raised prices on me after deals and done me over the past year. However, I feel that it is the duty of this board to be a watchdog when people are BLATANTLY RIPPED OFF for money or cards!

So, this post will be about Brian Daniels (BcD) ripping me off. To make a long story as short as possible, BcD had me pay for a card he won on eBay as a down payment on the Croft's Wagner Blue Back he bought before the auction ended. I did so (scan included). The Wagner was sold by me to another board member for a certain amount. Per my request, the board member sent BcD his original money plus a $500 profit and only sent me a $500 profit (which, I agreed to split the profit with BcD, even though technically I could have paid him the original amount he wanted me to pay). I wish I would have done this now, as I could have subtracted the amount of the money order I paid for him and have been even with him.

It is like I told Brian more than a week ago, for him to simply pay me what he owes me and I will NEVER deal with him again. However, he seems to "hold me hostage" for the money, as another board member stated.

I hate to post this - I REALLY do, as I wish Brian would simply be honorable, send my money and I could wash my hands of him and the entire situation. However, it is like I informed Leon - this board is not only here to educate people about cards, but to educate people about dealers/collectors who rip people off - so it does not happen again to ANY board members.

Regards,

Scott Elkins

Old 10-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Rosenberg

I will start out by saying, a Police report was filed against Brian Daniels last week for making threats and remarks about my religious affiliation. Thank you for posting a copy of the money order. Now we have his address and can track him down to prosecute. If anyone would like to see the numerous emails Brian Daniels sent to me, I will forward them to you (unedited). However, be warned, they are full of expletives, threats and unsavory racial slurs. We are also filing a Federal hate crimes report with the FBI. If anyone on this board thinks this is a joke, it is not!

Regards,

David Rosenberg

Old 10-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ken Eccles

Scott,I hope things work out.

Old 10-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark McCleary

Perhaps Brian doesn't have the $500 since he just a exercised a BIN for a $7k e94.

Old 10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

"Woe...me...
Shame and scandal on the family..."

That Odetta song was the first thing that came into my head...

David, technically, you, me and BCD share a "religious affiliation.." I KNOW I KNOW, you don't have to send me anything, I've seen it all and heard it all aready...BRIAN, GO TO A SHRINK!!!

Old 10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Administrator

I appreciate the kind words and kind e-mails from all of you! It seems I was not clear in the amount BcD owes me. The amount BcD owes me is the amount of the money order - $882.50.

I know SEVERAL people have had problems with BcD over the years and been threatened. While trying to be nice to him and looking over his insults and threats, I have even sold a couple cards from him to board members b/c they had deleted him from their mail servers b/c of his attitude! One time, a person found out the cards were BcD's and backed out of the deal - BcD had the nerve to tell me that I was going to have buy the cards myself!! All I was doing was trying to sell some cards for him at his overvalued prices - then, when the person didn't want them, he threatened me stating I HAD to buy them!

I just don't get him. Funny thing is he always made fun of me for being POOR and now he cannot seem to pay me $882.50 that I paid an eBay seller for a card HE won!!!!

I may be poor, but I try to treat everyone fairly. Whether I am buying, selling or trading with them. In fact, I received an e-mail yesterday from a person who purchased some cards from me on the B/S/T thread who was laughing about how it took them 5 minutes to open the box of cards I shipped them! At least no harm came to the cards.

I would say that everyone on here (besides the heavy hitters BcD tries to suck up to) have been threatened, made fun of or ripped off by Daniels at one time or another. He would always ship me cards and coins telling me to sell them on eBay for him (not asking, but telling and making fun of my scanner, telling me to make sure and get good scans of the item). At first, I thought it was b/c he was too tight to pay the eBay fees. However, after thinking it over, it was b/c he has been mean to so many people that the item would sell for a little bit of nothing, unless he got someone to shill bid. Speaking of shill bidding, that was the LAST time I ever listed anything for him on eBay. He had me list a PSA 4 Plow's Dahlen. Then, had another ebayer shill the item. Dan McKee knew exactly what happened and e-mailed me - blaming me. I had NO IDEA about the shilling and told BcD right then that I would NEVER list another item on eBay for him, as I am HONEST in my listings and dealings and didn't want to get kicked off eBay for him!!!! He just acted like it was nothing telling me he would "straighten out" Dan McKee regarding the situation.

I don't like dishonest people - period! However, I would have never had to post here if BcD would have sent me the $882.50 he owes me. It might not seem like much to him (as all of you know how rich he claims to be). However, I am disabled and only make $1179 per month - $882.50 is almost a month's income for me!!!!

Enough rambling, as I could go on for days about how he has done me since I have known him. I am just glad Leon finally allowed me to post about my situation on the board, because Daniels sent me a lenghty e-mail blasting me (which I only read the first couple of sentences and deleted), and then deleted me from his server to where I could not e-mail him any longer asking about the money he owes me.

I do want to apologize to Jim about hijacking his B/S/T thread last night - I just wanted him to know how Daniels is before he sold Daniels a card!

Again, thanks to ALL the board members and lurkers who have e-mailed me about this situation. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE CONCERN AND KIND WORDS!

Old 10-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew Parks

Old 10-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Administrator

The same was true between myself and BcD at one point. However, when someone BLATANTLY steals from me and deletes me from his server to where I cannot e-mail him regarding my money, I have to cut all ties with the individual. That is why I had to come here to try and work things out and warn people about Daniels. He would not answer my calls and I could not e-mail him to work things out privately. I would have never went public about this situation had he been honest and sent my money or at least communicated with me privately.

I am glad all is well between you and Daniels. Just don't put yourself in a position to let him take advantage of you like he did me!

BTW - thanks again to ALL the kind board members and lurkers. I now have received e-mails from 43 different individuals who have had bad experiences with Daniels giving me their condolences! Thanks again - this board is GREAT. Great, because of the nice and honest people here!

Old 10-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Andrew,

it hasnt happened to me, but I know several people who have been subjected to BCD's threats and racial/national origin related insults.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

I'm going to keep the dirt to myself. However, I will say that Scott has been the ideal person to deal with and I consider him top-notch. I would never worry about getting ripped off or being duped when sending him money or cards.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Administrator

I know the Postal Service is very strict when it comes to misuse of Money Orders. I plan on talking to the local Post Master about my situation next week to see if there is anything I can do in regards to Mail Fraud.

So, I was simply wondering how strong of a case for mail fraud I have with the Postal Service since Daniels refuses to reimburse me the money for a money order I purchased for him? I have the e-mail from Daniels telling me to send the money order in his name and the receipt, which I posted the scan of. So, I basically have all the proof needed. If you have an answer and don't want to post (it seems there are several board members and lurkers in that situation since BcD has been known to threaten and attack people that don't view things in his favor), that is fine - simply e-mail me at tycobb@optidynamic.com. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Old 10-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

The limited dealings I have had with BcD have been somewhat erratic.

Old 10-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott ingold

A$$. This whole thread is what everyone of us worries about each time we deal with someone through the mail. Even though this is someone you obviously knew it just shows that there is always risk. What i don't get is if this turd is so well known why do so many continue to deal with him ?

Old 10-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: AParks

Old 10-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Administrator

For now that is. Just seems that some pretty stand up guy's are backing up Scott. But i personally don't no BcD. Just going on what is said here by some people i respect.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, Andrew - I have actually posted about BCD in the past only my post was deleted. In open chat, BCD says he's going to "get in my face" at the next local show (we live 50 miles apart) and make me pee my pants. As evidence of his manliness, he's sent me his ultimate fighter biography and told me how much he can bench press. I don't think this board should be used to deter members from attending shows.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Administrator

AND, I myself would LOVE to hear why Brian has not paid me the money he owes me! However, I don't think it is right for you to blame these people for their views. Most all who have posted here (and several more who have e-mailed me) have not posted their views based solely on my being ripped off for $882.50. They have posted their views based on their experiences with Daniels.

Also, you can state two sides to every story. I can swear to you everything I have posted is the God's Honest Truth and the people who have posted have dealt with me and KNOW I don't lie and keep my promises and my word! I know you are friends with Daniels. However, we have dealt with one another as well - you know I don't lie!

Old 10-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick

Brian posts as marz. I recommend you read through his posts on threads there. Some of them are quite interesting.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric Bennett

Old 10-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

You must put your name on each post in this thread unless I know you. thanks.....moderator dude

A couple quick things on this thread too. I haven't done Scott any favor here. This is no different than some threads we have had recently, imo. Look back and you will see some. As long as folks put their name by what they say, and it has to do with vintage baseball cards or the vintage baseball card hobby, then as the ForumFaq's state, you can post about it. For the record I have done deals with both BCD and Scotty and have always had good luck....regards

Old 10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: anonymousdave

Scott.

sorry to hear about your trouble..

..getting ripped off like that has to suck.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Unless we know everything there is to know about others, how can we possibly judge them?

Perhaps BcD is going through difficult times and needs our understanding and patience. Wouldn't we want the same consideration?

Old 10-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Administrator

vague about the things BCD has said or done is that--we can't repeat most of them without ruining our or others' reputations! (also, would be deleted for language by moderator dude...). This is not to say he doesn't need understanding. Every madman needs understanding!

I mean that.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

mike are you kidding? this guy is throwing racial/religious slurs and you say he needs a little love.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Old 10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: anonymousdave

post removed..i guess the other side of said story should be heard..

Old 10-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Brian and I have had our ups and downs over the years and while we are getting along fine now, he has exhibited in the past a very short fuse. I don't know him well enough to explain why.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Administrator

I can certainly understand the point you were trying to make. However, as Julie stated, this is not something new with Daniels unfortunately. This has been going on with him since the Full Count Board days and involving several individuals.

I do know he has had shoulder problems lately, b/c he was asking me how to get disability. However, he never worked and paid taxes so we ran into a snag on that one when I was trying to help him.

I hate to say it, but the last time he complained about his shoulder pain with me, I told him that was what he got for the SEVERAL vulgar messages he has left me over the past year on my voice mail about my back, hip and leg pain. I am not rude and didn't mean to be, but I wasn't going to let him use that excuse as to why he didn't want to talk about paying me the money he owes me, especially when he has made fun of my pain on numerous occasions.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Old 10-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Administrator

know.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Administrator

But I think Wes' takes the cake...

Old 10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick

He is an odd cookie.

Got kicked out from the CU boards a while back for some ramdom outburts.

He got back with a diff. name (marz)

Hal,

he also told me about his sick child for what its worth. I seriously doubt anyone would make that up.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I wish to be removed of this area and the parties involved. thanks

Old 10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Administrator

If it is true, I seriously hate that his daughter is sick - that would be terible. Children are wonderful. Also, it was very mean what Daniels said about Wesley's child before his child was born. The bad thing about something like that is that you can never believe what Daniels says. So, I really have no way of knowing if the story was true or fabricated for sympathy (which would be very bad).

Ken, thank you for the kind words. I try and treat everybody as I would want to be treated. Guess my biggest fault is not backing down when I am right about something - especially being cheated or stolen from. Guess I have missed out on having a few friends in high places in the Hobby for my views over the years. However, I don't need friends who want me to lie, as I will never lie knowingly. I might be wrong about something, but will never tell someone a blatant lie for any reason.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Edited....because my original response was colored for my strong personal dislike for the poster. If anyone wants to know what I posted originally, just use your imagination and multiply by five.

This type of thread doesn't belong on the board - you are only hearing one half of a story and allowing this to continue only invites others to use this board as a place to carry out personal vendettas.

This is a card discussion forum.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Leon, I think it's time to lock this thread.
Bob

Old 10-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Old 10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Quite to the contrary I believe in free speech to "right before" the point of being detrimental to the welfare of the board. Not quite there yet, imho... I really do want to try to let folks say what they want if they will stand behind it. As long as it stays in this one thread and doesn't spill into others, I am cool (at least for now).....who knows when will be too much?.....I wish this whole thing wouldn't have got dragged onto the board, personally. But I don't always make a decision based on how "I" feel.....there's a lot of gray area's lately and they can be difficult....I would generally prefer to error on the side of "not" censoring...as has been my belief from day 1...Yes, I am sure many will say there's been a lot of censoring lately but as anyone can see there could be much more......regards all

Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Really - I would LOVE to hear Brian's side as to why he has not paid me!!!!!! Again, I could show Brian's side on the board, but will not, as we are not allowed to post private e-mails and I promised Leon none of that. However, if I posted the e-mails, as many of you know, this would not be a thread for anyone under 18!

Scott, if you or anyone else doubts my claim, I have posted the money order receipt I purchased and can even provide a copy of the e-mail from Daniels asking me to purchase it. All I ask is that if anyone wants to see a copy of that e-mail, to e-mail me at tycobb@optidynamic.com and I will forward it to you.

Again, I would LOVE to hear Daniels' reason for not paying me. If he needs time, that would be fine. Heck, I would even take the card I bought as payment if he doesn't have the money!

The only thing I ask from Scott is to keep the comments to the subject in this thread. Sure, Scott Forrest and I have had spats before. However, this thread is about Daniels simply refusing to pay me what he owes me. I have not said one bad word about Scott Forrest in this thread, nor do I intend to.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Administrator

<<Scott, if you or anyone else doubts my claim, I have posted the money order receipt I purchased>>

I send money orders to people all the time - if I post a picture of one, what does that prove?

Regarding the rest of your post, let me get out my hankie.

Old 10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator

THEN, I have the money order receipt as well dated the next day - shouldn't need more solid evidence than that. PLUS, Daniels has not posted otherwise. YOU KNOW IF I WAS LYING, DANIELS WOULD HAVE BEEN BLASTING ME FROM THE START OF THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

Also, I send money orders out every day - this is the only receipt in my stack of hundreds of money order receipts from this year that does NOT have my name on it - instead it has BCD's.

You know Daniels owes me the money Forrest - you simply hate me (and a lot of other people as well by the sounds of your posts) and want to start trouble. I am not falling for you trying to start a fight, as I promised Leon I would keep this thread to the subject matter!

Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Look, if Brian had any interest in clearing the air he would have posted his defense here. Regardless, to threaten other board members or wish that their children are born with birth defects is pathetic and laughable.

Old 10-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Administrator

I explained an earlier ambigous post that the poster didn't want explained...THANK YOU FOR DELETING THE POST, LEON! (I'm serious!) My "summary" of people's complaints was entirely un-called for.

And no, we can't just all get along!

Hal, please come to his defence, if you want to! You are dealing with hatred here, not just mild discomfort...read the thread!

Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Administrator

I deleted your post as you had brought someone else into the thread that didn't really want to be here. Yes, he had posted in it before and asked me to delete it too. I did. You can say whatever you want about Brian, Scott, or me...or whomever....but please don't bring other folks into it saying.." well, so and so said this or that". I know what you were saying but that person really didn't want to be involved with it. As for this thread it is very near the end of it's life. I am getting tired of it. Brian has chosen not to come into the battle and I can't say I completely blame him. I am not taking any sides here. Like I said before I have dealt with Brian and Scott and continue to treat each of them as hobby friends....I am not dismissing the fact that some horrible emails were sent between different parties either. I can barely moderate this board let alone private stuff between individuals. My main concern is for the welfare of the board and I am near the end of my rope with the bickering. ...best regards

Old 10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Administrator

<<You know Daniels owes me the money Forrest - you simply hate me (and a lot of other people as well by the sounds of your posts) and want to start trouble. I am not falling for you trying to start a fight, as I promised Leon I would keep this thread to the subject matter!>>

again, I reach for my hankie as "Mr. Strawman" strikes again with a completely irrelevant and unsubstantiated comment.

Take him to court big guy, but don't foul up the board with your tripe.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

THANK YOU, and I meant it...not so much for the thing you deleted my post for, as for some of the other things I said...you know what I always say about limit bids (as opposed to snipes): you're just DARING someone to step over a line, and they usually do. A board member once left a huge limit bid on the N173 Radbourne "middle finger extended" at Sotheby's..he couldn't wait until the end of the auction...it was, he said, more than anyone in his right mind would have paid for the card. He got outbid...

Anyway, thanks for...removing temptation...

Hey, note the CARD CONTENT!

Old 10-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ken Eccles

AGREE WITH BOB

Old 10-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Rosenberg

I did not use dirty words or make threats. Maybe you are not talking about me? I will leave it up the the FBI to decide if action is necessary after carefully viewing ALL of the communications and the fact Daniels emailed me my address with threats. We have never done business before so to me this makes me fearful of my life and families life. This is not a joke and going public with this information just in the rare chance something does happen to me or my loved ones. Thank you (most of you) all for your concern and help providing phone #s, addresses and other pertinent data the FBI agent requested.

Regards, David

Old 10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Administrator

This is a friggen message board about old cards. Now we have the FBI getting involved. God i hope in these time's they have more important things to do than chase someone for name calling.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Administrator

I tried numerous times to resolve this matter with Daniels before my first post. He wouldn't even talk about it. I even told him I would send the difference between what he owes me and the money he wanted for the Matty. What did he do, went up another $400 on the Matty and told me that was his final offer! I thought once of doing that deal, but thought why send him more money and maybe never get the card I paid for. Also, as someone else has stated, it seemed like he was holding me hostage for the $882.50! Anyway, just wanted to let people know that my posts were merely a near last resort on this matter. The last resort being legal action, which I am almost at the point in doing - in fact, I will start next week after I complete sending out cards to board members and other deals this week.

BTW - David, there is no excuse for what was done to you (and many others). We all have a right to Religion in this country and nobody should be made fun of for their choice of Religion. Good luck in your endeavor!