NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Steven

Default Ebay sellers - BIN buyer question

Ebay sellers:

Ive been seeling a little more on the bay lately and had 6 BINs "won" from me in the past month...not one buyer paid within 24 hours. Out of the six 1 pd 24 hrs post-buy, 3 paid about 48 hrs post-buy, another buyer at 3 days and the final now on day 5 and just filed my first non-bidder case.
Ive read all the stories about non-payers, but BINs? I understand wanting to claim the card and continue shopping to combine s/h...but most of my cards were sold without another card for sale, or the card(s) for sale were re-running and not new BINs. Is this experience pertaining just to BINs equal to yours? How often do they never pay just pertaining to BINs? I always pay within 24 hrs and BINs immediately after shopping that sellers other items.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Steven, I have never run into the problem you describe. The BIN winners pay just as quickly as everyone else, but most of mine are repeat customers now.

Maybe it would help to put something like I use at the bottom of each listing:

Free shipping for this item! Please pay within a couple of days and I'll return the favor by shipping very quickly. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
D@vid Mor1@rty

I have had that problem a lot lately. You can set up your BIN's so that the buyer must pay immediately if you want. They are not the winner of the auction until they pay for it. If they don't pay, the auction stays active.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206wagner View Post
You can set up your BIN's so that the buyer must pay immediately if you want. They are not the winner of the auction until they pay for it. If they don't pay, the auction stays active.
+1

Last edited by brownscollector78; 02-28-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Todd C

delay could be caused by :

maybe waiting for payday ?

waiting for payments from their items sold ?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I would just be more patient with the buyers. I allow my buyers 7 days to pay for their winnings, including BINs, and I have seen that some of the bigger sellers on ebay like probstein actually allow 3 weeks to pay. (Link). I usually just send a gentle reminder message around day 6 of non payment, and if the buyer does not respond, then around day 8-9, I file the ebay non payment case.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206wagner View Post
I have had that problem a lot lately. You can set up your BIN's so that the buyer must pay immediately if you want. They are not the winner of the auction until they pay for it. If they don't pay, the auction stays active.
I thought I could that but couldnt find the link...it missed the weekend b/c of this. I know I could be more patient, but I pulled the trigger on this. Mr Herbert Moran is just wondering if he's going or staying...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
James

Personally I put on my listings to please pay as soon as you can. I tell them payment must be received within 3 days, or bid will be cancelled and negative feedback left for the bidder.

If someone can't pay within 3 days then obviously they should email you and let you know. I would be more lenient in that case.

Each seller is different in their terms but I have never had an issue with this yet.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Ebay sellers:

Ive been seeling a little more on the bay lately and had 6 BINs "won" from me in the past month...not one buyer paid within 24 hours. Out of the six 1 pd 24 hrs post-buy, 3 paid about 48 hrs post-buy, another buyer at 3 days and the final now on day 5 and just filed my first non-bidder case.
Ive read all the stories about non-payers, but BINs? I understand wanting to claim the card and continue shopping to combine s/h...but most of my cards were sold without another card for sale, or the card(s) for sale were re-running and not new BINs. Is this experience pertaining just to BINs equal to yours? How often do they never pay just pertaining to BINs? I always pay within 24 hrs and BINs immediately after shopping that sellers other items.

Thanks
Steven, I don't understand your issue with those buyers. Looks to me like they all paid within a timely fashion. I've had both Auction-Style and Buy It Win winners and I give everyone seven days (sometimes more if they need it) to pay. I'm curious what your issue is?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Steven, I don't understand your issue with those buyers. Looks to me like they all paid within a timely fashion. I've had both Auction-Style and Buy It Win winners and I give everyone seven days (sometimes more if they need it) to pay. I'm curious what your issue is?
I just do not understand buying a BIN and then paying 3 days later...why not just pay?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I just do not understand buying a BIN and then paying 3 days later...why not just pay?
Most of my purchases are BIN and I will pay anywhere between 24-72 hours. What's the big deal?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
If you want to get paid immediately, I believe there is an option that you can set where the buyer is informed that (paraphrasing) "That the buyer demands immediate payment." Or, you can stipulate in your item description that you want payment within 24 hours. You have many options to choose from.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Most of my purchases are BIN and I will pay anywhere between 24-72 hours. What's the big deal?
Not a big deal...why not pay immediately though? Just a question...
Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Not a big deal...why not pay immediately though? Just a question...
I get where Steven's coming from...if the buyer is hitting 'BIN' it's the equivalent of walking into a B&M and buying the card, no? You don't walk out of a store with a '33 Goudey Ruth and tell the shopkeep, "Be back in 4 days with your money!"

I suspect people who BIN and then take a few days to pay are probably used to EBAY's rule allowing 'reasonable time for payment to be made.'

I also bet that some people see an item they want, BIN it even though payday is 4 or 5 days away...

just my $0.02
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Drew S.

I know that sometimes I take a little longer 1-2 days with BIN/Auction depending on when payday is and also if I am using bill me later where you get 6 months interest free on total purchases of $99 and an extra 1% in ebay bucks. It doesn't have to be from the same seller, just paid for on the same day as you pay for the other items to make sure you total at least $99. When I do sell I give 5-7 sometimes more days to pay as that is what it would take the old fashioned way of money order or personal checks. Just offering a little insight from someone who at times does not pay right after hitting the BIN. Drew

Last edited by Drew6; 02-28-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew6 View Post
I know that sometimes I take a little longer 1-2 days with BIN/Auction depending on when payday is and also if I am using bill me later where you get 6 months interest free on total purchases of $99 and an extra 1% in ebay bucks. It doesn't have to be from the same seller, just paid for on the same day as you pay for the other items to make sure you total at least $99. When I do sell I give 5-7 sometimes more days to pay as that is what it would take the old fashioned way of money order or personal checks. Just offering a little insight from someone who at times does not pay right after hitting the BIN. Drew
I do the same thing, Drew. Sometimes I pay immediately and sometimes I take three days.

If you want to get paid immediately, then use that option. If you want to get paid within 24 hours, then stipulate that in your auction description.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Johnny S

They might have seen them sitting there for awhile which indicates not in a rush to sell. Bin are very picky as well if they are upset with anything they might want a refund, with auctions you usually avoid a lot of that bs. If you get paid within 5-7 days all good anything sooner is a bonus.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Steven

Hi Steven, I agree with you. If you hit the BIN, why wait 7 days to pay? If you are a buyer, how about a little common courtesy and send a message to the buyer that you won't be able to pay for 7 days? A little communication goes a long way. Most of the people who don't pay right away don't respond to invoices or messages - they just totally ignore you.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Johnny S

90% of sales are paid within 48 hrs, the rest 3 days to never. It's just cardboard we should be happy to get paid at all. Try collecting from a fortune 500 or 100, the bigger they are the slower they pay, passing the buck from person to another until past 90 hits then pay as little as possible. Be happy you sold a card and got paid! Life is too short!!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Derek Granger

Default ebay BIN

I shop frequently on ebay (I don't sell as much).

For me, I will often wait until I have at least three to four items I need to pay for before I actually pay via paypal. To me, it's much more convenient to hit the "pay for item" button once on ebay, go through the 47 different screens to confirm that I want to pay for the items (and change over to credit card, if desired), then have paypal redirect me to a screen on ebay that asks if I'd be interested in these other eight items that have nothing to do with the items I just purchased.

If I had to do this for every single transaction (ONE AT A TIME), I would never shop on ebay.

I have never taken longer than 4 days to pay, but I think all sellers should be courteous enough to allow for 7 days for payment. Perhaps the buyer has a routine that he pays for all of his ebay items won on Monday morning to avoid all the trouble??

Just my two cents.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Sometimes when you pay for a bunch of items at once, an item or two, somehow doesn't get lumped in. This has happened to me a few times. Now that I know it happens, I usually catch it.